The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Enjoyable watch. Obviously there's bits I don't agree with given my own Rovers tinted perspective but regardless it's good to see someone putting out content about another lower league team. Fair play for getting involved with Falkirk though: can imagine you'll get some people who will on their high horse about your candour but it'll definitely give you a different view compared to others. 

Thanks for watching. Yeah, I've made a conscious effort in not attempting to kid people on that I'm a dyed in the wool, lifelong supporter. I think it would be insulting to those who are. Generally speaking, folk have been fantastic with me and I can't praise this fanbase enough, genuinely. I have a sense of belonging now that I simply didn't have before. Maybe folk can see that? Feck knows 🤣

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Please let there be a pen today, please. A strikers a must but with Morrison out for an unknown period wouldn't mind a winger coming in as well.

How many wingers do you want? We already have 4. 

22 minutes ago, BPM said:

How many wingers do you want? We already have 4. 

I wasn't aware Morrison was due back, the previous updates had made it sound like he could be out for a lengthy period especially with his knee flaring up again. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I wasn't aware Morrison was due back, the previous updates had made it sound like he could be out for a lengthy period especially with his knee flaring up again. 

possibly back at weekend for ayr game

I'd go back to the standard formation next week, the 4-3-3 last week didn't work so back into our normal shape and start with as many players in their best position as possible.

If nesbitt is fit he's in at the 10 and Oliver up top. If he's not, just play Shanley up top with Oliver in behind.

I get the temptation to try Alfie up top but then he's not in his best position, it means miller moves right where he is less effective and means bringing on ross who's less effective than miller on the left. I'd rather have 1 disrupted position that 3 or 4. 

By all accounts Graham did well but coll will hopefully be back as he's only trained with us for a few weeks. 

Big test of the mentality now after the run ending, do the guys bounce back to start a new one or does the end of a siege mentality take it's toll. 

14 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I'd go back to the standard formation next week, the 4-3-3 last week didn't work so back into our normal shape and start with as many players in their best position as possible.

If nesbitt is fit he's in at the 10 and Oliver up top. If he's not, just play Shanley up top with Oliver in behind.

I get the temptation to try Alfie up top but then he's not in his best position, it means miller moves right where he is less effective and means bringing on ross who's less effective than miller on the left. I'd rather have 1 disrupted position that 3 or 4. 

By all accounts Graham did well but coll will hopefully be back as he's only trained with us for a few weeks. 

Big test of the mentality now after the run ending, do the guys bounce back to start a new one or does the end of a siege mentality take it's toll. 

Agreed- Nesbitt being back is a positive and for me Miller and Alfie out wide in their natural positions is out best front three in the absence of Morrison.

Oliver is a very different player to Maciver bug a more clinical option than Shanley I think.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

i would think the teams confidence should be still rock steady, although suffering a couple of defeats that was against celtic and a very soft penalty against the fife team. we are back to fortress bairnabeau and hopefully a full sell out crowd to boost things. just hope individual players who had an off game at weekend get back to quick and snappy passing that we are used to, too many wasted passes and bad first touches at weekend. not our usual style. with nesbitt and hopefully morrison back we cause ayr big problems. just need a point man up front to bang them in.

Just now, Springfield said:

Looks increasingly like we've been unable to get a replacement in for RM. If so, disappointed would be the greatest understatement. 

Best we don't just sign someone for the sake of it. MacIver has been great but there's too long a list of so-so players that haven't worked out so well - Wright, Allan, Shanley, McKenna. No point wasting money if there's no-one better than them available.

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Have a nasty feeling we’re not going to get anyone.

Between what both McGlynn and Jamie Swinney have said it does sound like our efforts so far have been fruitless, I get the manager is very meticulous when it comes to recruitment and won’t just want to bring somebody in for the sake of it if he is looking for a certain standard but at this late stage it might just be worth taking punt on a player. At worst it’s not going to do us any harm anyway and at best we might land lucky. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.