The Falkirk FC Thread

No one can seriously be suggesting Olejnik is a better goalkeeper than Krul can they?

I thought Krul was very good. Not in Mallo's class, but the best we've had bar him in recent years.

No one can seriously be suggesting Olejnik is a better goalkeeper than Krul can they?

I thought Krul was very good. Not in Mallo's class, but the best we've had bar him in recent years.

Krul is obviously better now but in that first season when both were with us I felt Boaby was better.

Mallo is my hero.

Krul is an undoubted better keeper than Olejnik but he let in a fair few goals in his time with us.

Krul run of games wouldve also been against the old firm etc.....Boabs stats wouldve included playing against bottom 6 again in 5 of the 13...decent stats but stats can always be bent towards looking good

Mark Howard anyone?

Cheaper and better goalies out there......I said way back when he was a FFC loanee, he was never really tested and flattered to look better than he was....he has since went from club to club and flapped around here there and everywhere.....

Boabs stats wouldve included playing against bottom 6 again in 5 of the 13...decent stats but stats can always be bent towards looking good

Nope Boaby was dropped for the post-split games for Supple to keep Jim Magilton happy.

Boaby was in some amazing form that season until Yogi shat on him and he completely lost all his confidence and he's not looked the same since.

Krul run of games wouldve also been against the old firm etc.....Boabs stats wouldve included playing against bottom 6 again in 5 of the 13...decent stats but stats can always be bent towards looking good

Olejnik faced the OF twice when he managed into the team. He conceded 3 goals against them, 4 less than Krul conceded in his 1st match against Rangers.

One team Olejnik didn't face that season was Gretna. Krul managed to let in a few against them.

You can take the stats for both keepers and make the case for and against. We won more games with Krul in goals but we also lost far more than when Olejnik played. One thing that can't be denied is we were a far better defensive unit in 2008 than we were in 2007. We might not have won as many games but cutting out the inexcusable defeats to the likes of Gretna and St Mirren had us pushing for the top 6.

The point I'm making is that, although Krul is a much better keeper, Olejnik was (and still is) a young keeper that Hughes fucked over more than once. He was in great form until Hughes folded under pressure from Magilton.

I'd be surprised if Pressley replaces Olejnik effectively.

I'd be surprised if Pressley replaces Olejnik effectively.

Not really going out on a limb there :P It's Pressley!

On the stats front, didn't Chris Higgins have a ridiculously good run of "form" (i.e. games where we didn't lose goals). Can be deceiving...

On the stats front, didn't Chris Higgins have a ridiculously good run of "form" (i.e. games where we didn't lose goals).

No.

We had the odd 1-0 win or 0-0 draw but there was no run of unbeaten matches. He played 11 league games, we lost 6 of them (not heavily), drew twice and won 3 times (2 clean sheets).

I think his last match might have been when he and Hughes chucked it up in Inverness.

No.

We had the odd 1-0 win or 0-0 draw but there was no run of unbeaten matches. He played 11 league games, we lost 6 of them (not heavily), drew twice and won 3 times (2 clean sheets).

I think his last match might have been when he and Hughes chucked it up in Inverness.

Scott Higgins. And he was atrocious.

Boaby was in some amazing form that season until Yogi shat on him and he completely lost all his confidence and he's not looked the same since.

100% agreed.

Not really going out on a limb there :P It's Pressley!

On the stats front, didn't Chris Higgins have a ridiculously good run of "form" (i.e. games where we didn't lose goals). Can be deceiving...

Scott Higgins was fucking shite. My wee brother used to be a goalkeeper and he called it within five minutes of seeing his first warm-up. Higgins had the agility of Mae Young.

From the club -

There is a long way to go before the start of the season. Factors like ST sales, shuffling the pack, selling a player, Huddersfield winning the play off's, Scott Arfield getting his 50th appearance etc. As it stands just now money is tight. However we do need to get some players in, how many will depend on many factors. Everyone is working flatout to make things happen