The Falkirk FC Thread

Sounds for the most part we played pretty well.

Yes good game, the young guys played well again. Like I said before Craig Sibbald is going to be a star man for us. The Fulton boys look pretty good too. Not sure what one that came on in the second half today but he was really good.

I think Tuesday night will be a better indicator of how good we are.

Decent enough game.....

on the new boys with my first viewing-

McGovern looks decent enough and does what on the tin for goalkeeper and can kick a ball, Bennet seemed fine tho sometimes a bit casual, still would be good if we can get him for the season, Flynn was fine too, looks a little raw but keen to get forward at left back, Dodds did what it says on the tin also, tackles well and organised our defence and also seems to have gelled within the squad, Allugui- well cant say I was too impressed with him today, never really did much in the 45 he played.....

As for the rest, Sibbald at 16 isnt afraid to get stuck in and has decent skill levels, Higginbotham was decent, Murdoch too and Duffie has came back with more build and looks like a player we wont keep long. I thot we more than dominated majority of second half and said to my mate McGovern hasnt had a save to make second half....then we took a bit of a nose dive in the last 10 mins. We were waiting for Preston to score the second....

Overall promising but worrying times when injuries and suspensions hit a team filled with kids......

Hi there,

Just an update on the Hawick Royal Albert match. Heavy rain all day and forecast until 4 a.m. The pitch is holding up so far, no standing water. However, we'll do a pitch inspection at 10, and let the team know before they set off. It's a 2pm kick off, even thought the Falkirk FC website now says 2.30. Updates on Facebook too - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Hawick-Royal-Albert/196411060387999

Thanks!

Well impressed by Craig Sibbald. Only turned 16 last January too. With him and Kingsley, we would have two 16 year olds in the squad and both of them can play too

Thought it was a solid performance by the whole team. Only concern was the lack of focus in the last quarter of the match. This may have been due to all the substitutions that were made

Hawick Royal Albert v Falkirk FC game is on today, 2pm start, all Bairns fans very welcome to Albert Park - £4 for adults, free OAPS and kids, programmes £1. There is free parking on the grass outside the ground and we have a friendly bar and are selling pies, etc.

Just for you chaps we've also got a new pool table and bandit, so feel free to come down early, bar open 12.30.!

Cheers!

Edited by mancinirules

Finished 5-1

Congratulations to our visitors and thanks to our match officials. Also thank you for such a good turn out from Falkirk supporters and club directors. Attendance 300+ despite the weather leading up to the game - well done Hawick folk for supporting your local team!

Edited by mancinirules

Congratulations to our visitors and thanks to our match officials. Also thank you for such a good turn out from Falkirk supporters and club directors. Attendance 300+ despite the weather leading up to the game - well done Hawick folk for supporting your local team!

A local team for local people.

post-30567-0-50236100-1310920700_thumb.j

And he has signed :rolleyes:

I thought he done ok actually, won his fair share of headers. A target man but more mobile than your Deuchars or Higdon's of this world. The way the game developed meant he spent a lot of time closing down rather than on the ball. Maybe not the best game to judge him, wait until he gets his fitness levels up.

I don't believe we have a weak team this season. Inexperienced, yes, but weak, no. From what I have seen so far, there is promise in that team. We will not be challenging from promotion, but certainly will not be down the bottom. Most likely mid table safety. We are building a team from scratch and EP has freely said that this team will take 3 years to mature into a squad that will challenge.

I was not for the re-appointment of EP. However, from what I have seen so far, he does appear to have made changes to his negative style of football. For example:

- The wingers are playing as wingers and on the correct flank.

- The full backs support their wingers by overlapping when possible

- The central midlfield pairing of Miller and Murdoch contrast enough in style so as to be effective together. They are not getting under each others feet.

- We are strong in central defence and have good cover there.

- The goalkeeper situation appears to have been solved with the solid McGovern

- Higginbotham is being used correctly and is thriving in the new role

I still think one more striker will give us a bit more depth and can see us taking another loanee from the SPL. The SPL teams are not sending their players out on loan yet as they are still in pre-season and are therefore still being assessed by management. However, come August, we should be able to borrow a striker from the top league

A bit of optimism people goes a long way :)

We had a poorer squad in Totten's final year IMO.

I haven't seen half this lot play, and I'm still certain you are right.

That was a stinking squad of players. Several entries on our all time hall of shame.