The Falkirk FC Thread

Although we're repeatedly being told "there's no cash", I have a sneaky feeling that we'll be signing players close to the end of the window when they get desperate for deals and will accept lower terms. Brutal, but necessary.

As for this Argentinian guy, should he sign, he's got cult hero written all over him. Like all cult heroes, he'd need a nickname. As a midfield battler, I christen him "El Cabrón"

Although we're repeatedly being told "there's no cash", I have a sneaky feeling that we'll be signing players close to the end of the window when they get desperate for deals and will accept lower terms. Brutal, but necessary.

As for this Argentinian guy, should he sign, he's got cult hero written all over him. Like all cult heroes, he'd need a nickname. As a midfield battler, I christen him "El Cabrón"

I wish i could share your optimism sad.gif.

He won't sign. There's nae moneys

I'm not so sure. I very much doubt we'd be taking players on trial if we weren't looking to offer them something should they turn out to be any good.

we have billed bradford for 290k

For Mark Stewart?! Jeez.

Anyhoo, cutting players doesn't automatically lead to new bods coming in. I would've thought a large chunk of the money saved would go towards negating the cash flow issues that dogged the club last season.

For Mark Stewart?! Jeez.

Anyhoo, cutting players doesn't automatically lead to new bods coming in. I would've thought a large chunk of the money saved would go towards negating the cash flow issues that dogged the club last season.

And paying back the loans directors have put in.

Meh, it might be yet it might not be. Those rumours have been flying around for months now.

They have been flying around for months and probably rightly so! I heard at our game on Saturday (from a match official btw) that Falkirk are waiting until the league starts before they go into administration because if they do it before hand they could be relegated whereas if the league has already started then they'll just be deducted points and can probably stay up. And that came from a match official. I don't know how he knows but given his position I don't see why he'd speculate about such a thing if he didn't know it to be true.

They have been flying around for months and probably rightly so! I heard at our game on Saturday (from a match official btw) that Falkirk are waiting until the league starts before they go into administration because if they do it before hand they could be relegated whereas if the league has already started then they'll just be deducted points and can probably stay up. And that came from a match official. I don't know how he knows but given his position I don't see why he'd speculate about such a thing if he didn't know it to be true.

First post and its to tell us this.. hmm. Can I ask who the official in question is?

Why would the club bother signing any players if they knew admin was on the cards, unless it was a last gasp bid to get season ticket money in?

Until something comes from the club or a named "reliable" source I hope this is nothing more than scaremongering.

This was posted on our forum by someone pretty in the know so there may well be something in it.

So far we have it reported on a Dunfermline forum, at a Partick game and now on a Stenny Forum.

And not a sniff on One F, this site or any other site from any Falkirk fans....

Things are poor financially but I'd expect if this were to be true we'd have heard something from a more reliable source/leak by now.