The Falkirk FC Thread

Anybody go along to the fans forum tonight?

From what I've heard, it was generally a very positive evening. Having said that, I've not heard any details.

Missed the first 30+ mins as I was playing football, but not much explosive said....All pats on backs, we should at minimum break even on the finance side, tactics v Celic, more about the academy and Elvis stated that if any of the young ones do get sold in Jan, he has stipulated they are loaned back for the season

Alex Smith talked about Bennett perhaps being more suited to another position other than centre half, he confirmed what I was told that he loves it up here and didnt want to go back to Bolton even tho he aint playing

We still have add ons in regard to Flynn transfer if he is sold, games played and promotion, also there is still add ons with Arfield regarding promotion and if he is transfered

I was told we have had no bids for the youngsters or any other player so far other than two bids for Farid, plenty have enquired about our players but Elvis said that he cant wait till the window closes

Missed the first 30+ mins as I was playing football, but not much explosive said....All pats on backs, we should at minimum break even on the finance side, tactics v Celic, more about the academy and Elvis stated that if any of the young ones do get sold in Jan, he has stipulated they are loaned back for the season

Alex Smith talked about Bennett perhaps being more suited to another position other than centre half, he confirmed what I was told that he loves it up here and didnt want to go back to Bolton even tho he aint playing

We still have add ons in regard to Flynn transfer if he is sold, games played and promotion, also there is still add ons with Arfield regarding promotion and if he is transfered

I was told we have had no bids for the youngsters or any other player so far other than two bids for Farid, plenty have enquired about our players but Elvis said that he cant wait till the window closes

Cheers. I couldnt make it and was wondering what was said. :)

Breaking even financially is a massive boost as I really didnt think we would do that (even taking the cutbacks into account)

Edited by MattBairn

remember the game well,Our bus never turned up and we all jumped into taxi's to Parkhead and the rest is history.

The convoy was at Parkhead Cross when McGivern scored in the first 5 mins. We only heard the radio say "it's Celtic 0" & bedlam ensued, with the taxi in front bouncing all over the road. :lol::lol::lol:

Cup semi merchandise and shop/ticket office news now on the official site....

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5773&Itemid=320

Cup merchandise Update

Shop stock has been selling very well this week with bar scarves the top seller of the week (thus far).

As can be seen from the link below to the official website, on sale now:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5773&Itemid=320

• New FFC Flags (with stick) are on sale at £6 each or 2 for £10. (Hampden street traders can charge up to £9 each)

• Bar scarves plus other many other scarves

• Navy & White balloons

• Navy & White Top hats/Jester Hats

And due in tomorrow morning, a limited number of navy Liam Gallagher inspired "Bucket Hats" with the Steeple badge on the front....only £6.

Support the club and buy direct.

The build up continues on Falkirk TV. Tune in tonight and enjoy highlights of our 2-0 victory in the Scottish Cup in the 1993 Scottish Cup.

We'll have more classic wins against Celtic to follow every day this week plus tune in tomorrow for a special semi-final edition of Bairns Build Up.

falkirk2celtic0.jpg

Missed the first 30+ mins as I was playing football, but not much explosive said....All pats on backs, we should at minimum break even on the finance side, tactics v Celic,

You've had a sell out home game against Rangers, a presumably reasonably lucrative visit to Dundee United, you're in the Challenge Cup Final too and have a League Cup semi final with Celtic, on live tv, with a gate share of the Ayr v Kilmarnock game the day before and you "should break even"!

Would have been heading for a major loss without all that then if that's the case.

You've had a sell out home game against Rangers, a presumably reasonably lucrative visit to Dundee United, you're in the Challenge Cup Final too and have a League Cup semi final with Celtic, on live tv, with a gate share of the Ayr v Kilmarnock game the day before and you "should break even"!

Would have been heading for a major loss without all that then if that's the case.

WHAT???

If you took out gate revenue from 4 of the bigger games of our season then yes, I'd imagine that we would have struggled to break even.

I know very little about our finances, but it makes sense to me considering we're looking to break even including those games.

Rangers game is the only game so far we made money in the league cup run, the meeting on Monday explained that the time you pay the bonus for winning and also that you dont get the bonus money from the cup till you are knocked out. We had Andy Thomson joke that at the Rangers game in the cup he on one side of his mind was if we get beat, no win bonus and we get 25k from being knocked out

We got I think its 40% of the 4118 at DUFC of which I am sure was reduced, I cant remember but I did go top tier for the first time .

You are having a laff with challenge cup.....I think you are lucky to break even when winning the challenge cup. I would say no offence but fuk it....Hamilton v Falkirk is gonna be 70-80% Falkirk fans I would guess 3-4000 FFC and am I being kind here to make up for earlier in saying 1000 Accies.....or is it deluded.....So sponsor money being main income from that

But yep, being in a Scottish cup or league cup semi should see any first division at least break even more to the fact we aint splashing cash out in Jan

How many tickets have you lot shifted for this game?

5000-6000 so far.

I've heard the celtic tickets are selling well. Not sure about Ayr/Killie though.

And everything MrDust says about the cash made/lost from the current cup runs is correct. So far the Rangers game is the only game we have made money from.

You don't get any prize money until you have been knocked out.

We will make a little money off the Challence Cup Final (Not til 1st April?) and hopefully a lot off the LC Semi Final...and even more in the Final after we pump Celtic out :D

Does anyone know if we've been given any compo for Stewart yet? I remember him tweeting just after the move that we were due some, whilst (IIRC) Bradford were claiming we weren't.

Wasn't brought up the other night at all, was it?

I will be gutted if he goes before Sunday. Hopefully the loan back option is true. 300k is a good price (plus add ons) from Brightons point of view. It's just the right amount to light up Ritchies eyes. I think he is worth more. A good display on Sunday would possibly see more interest and push the money up.