The Falkirk FC Thread

Who cares when it was over, the fact we are 2nd and it's March is something to be happy with, given pre season predictions.

I thought at a push we would be 4th. Not in danger of going down but certainly sucked into the kind of anonimity your Morton's and Livingston's face. I'm delighted we are going to finish in the top 3.

Who cares when it was over, the fact we are 2nd and it's March is something to be happy with, given pre season predictions.

I thought at a push we would be 4th. Not in danger of going down but certainly sucked into the kind of anonimity your Morton's and Livingston's face. I'm delighted we are going to finish in the top 3.

Pretty much how I feel. I thought we'd be fourth or fifth.

I tend to be one of those 'positive pessimist' types. So, while I'm surprised and delighted with the way the season's gone so far, I'm already worrying about next season without Farid, Millar & Wallace. :(

Also, if Elvis goes, which seems possible, would the new guy get as much out of the youngsters?

Also, if Elvis goes, which seems possible, would the new guy get as much out of the youngsters?

That would all depend on who came in. No doubting that Pressley has done very well this season though, and if he wants to stay he should be kept on.

I tend to be one of those 'positive pessimist' types. So, while I'm surprised and delighted with the way the season's gone so far, I'm already worrying about next season without Farid, Millar & Wallace. :(

If any new guy is given no choice in the matter then I'd say yes, they will.

Remember that Pressley was getting nothing out of the youngsters before it was made clear we'd have to rely on nothing but the academy i.e. BOB was made captain etc. To be fair to Elvis though, once we knew it was the young team only for this season he stuck them into the side

Did anyone see in the Scotsman rumour mill section today that Falkirk have applied to be promoted to the SPL as Runners Up if Rangers go into liquidation?

In other news, Falkirk have applied to join the SPL as First Division runners-up, should Rangers enter liquidation. Applications must be submitted by March 31st. The Bairns are currently 12 points behind league leaders Ross County, and three ahead of third-placed Dundee

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/the-rumour-mill-thursday-s-football-news-and-gossip-1-2175629

This is what Scottish football has come to, a half empty stadium watching a bunch of girls doing an experimental dance routines. Christ on a bike.

That was quite sad.

Should have given them all red cards for removing their shirts and having a t-shirt underneath.

I hope the music at the stadium was better, but it was just awful.

Falkirk manager Steven Pressley plans to open contract talks soon with six first-team players.

McGovern

Dods

Millar

Weatherston

Farid

Scobbie

My guesses as to who it could be.

I'd assume that would be the 6. Of those 6, I only expect Dods, Weatherston and Scobbie (if he is willing to agree a redudction in wages) to be here next season.

I'd assume that would be the 6. Of those 6, I only expect Dods, Weatherston and Scobbie (if he is willing to agree a redudction in wages) to be here next season.

You reckon McGovern will leave? He's been great this season but I can't see him moving this summer.

You reckon McGovern will leave? He's been great this season but I can't see him moving this summer.

Yeah I think he'll get a move to an SPL team. The only thing with that is he supposedly moved to us as he wanted to move back to the central belt which I suppose limits his options.

Yeah I think he'll get a move to an SPL team. The only thing with that is he supposedly moved to us as he wanted to move back to the central belt which I suppose limits his options.

The only thing we can offer him is 1st team football. He's now back in international reckonng though so I wouldn't rule out a move down south.

The only guy on that list I'm remotely confident of re-signing is Dods. I do get the impression that it won't get any better than us for Scobbie though. He has the makings of a one club player, become a "legend" by default, then buy the Birrell Bar and become a fat shit.

The only thing we can offer him is 1st team football. He's now back in international reckonng though so I wouldn't rule out a move down south.

The only guy on that list I'm remotely confident of re-signing is Dods. I do get the impression that it won't get any better than us for Scobbie though. He has the makings of a one club player, become a "legend" by default, then buy the Birrell Bar and become a fat shit.

Dodds was overheard pre season at Grangemouth stadium saying to John Rankin that this would be his last season as a pro.....skip on 7/8 months I think that will have changed. He barely scrapped into double figures in appearances in last two seasons at dufc,whereas this season I can't recall him missing due to injury. He is old skool, awkward looking at times, can't pass water but he has been ideal for us as much as we have for him?

I would be keen to see a pay as you play deal for him, decent basic but heavily added if playing, older players can just go wrong as they get older, we have been caught out so many times.

McGovern said recently that he was happy here on Falkirk tv and that he would look at things later but did say he was really happy being No1 as he has spent large chunk of his career as no2. His body language didnt look great to me and immediately I thot he isn't gonna be here next season. He is 27/28 and although keepers can have longer careers he will of course looking to better himself in wages and club. He has been outstanding and that won't have gone unnoticed , I am sure the pole goalie at Dufc is away end of the season...

I think we have more chance me signing than Farid and Millar being here tho....

I do think Weatherston, Gibson and Scobbie will sign tho...