The Falkirk FC Thread

assuming MR is acting out of character and isn't talking shit. Why would we need to sell a player if we hadn't drawn Rangers in two cup competitions prior to the end of August. What sort of shambolic budget is in operation here? What's even worse is that whatever windfall here, which surely must be fairly minimal, is then being pissed away on a player.

Now I am all for strengthening the team when possible but if we were indeed that close to selling someone to balance the books, why spend that money when you get it?

I dont know what's more frustrating, being treated like a moron by MR or that all this bullshit is actually steeped in fact and we really are being grossly mismanaged... <_<

I thought we were tired....

Good point, very well made.

Tired my fucking arse, Elvis was happy with the draw and it back fired on him big time.

We need to start approaching games with the mentality of attacking teams and trying to score as many as we can, this pish where he thinks 1 goal will do has caught him out so many times you'd think he'd learn.

We played Sevco at Ibrox again today, lost 3-1 with Taylor with a penalty.

I know your board's gone weak at the knees for them recently, but playing someone again in a bounce game just after facing them twice in 2 cups must be fairly unusual.

Have to agree with a few comments above, too. Given that Falkirk will have profited from SFL's £1M TV deal - apparently SFL1 clubs get approaching £50k? - it seems sad that you were also relying on 2 cup draws against the best-supported club in SFL to avoid having to sell someone else. EDIT: But then sign Higgins...

Edited by HibeeJibee

For some reason this bounce game has really annoyed me. I've probably crossed the line and I'm now looking for reasons to be annoyed :(

Rangers are Falkirk's football fwends... awww...fwends..football fwends.

1347003071[/url]' post='6604398']

For some reason this bounce game has really annoyed me. I've probably crossed the line and I'm now looking for reasons to be annoyed :(

Same here mate. Everything we do at the moment seems to be a massive f**k you to the supporters. I find myself at the games with no emotional attachment to what is going on, which is grating considering the cost of attending. I will go to the Dunfermline game to see if that rekindles any passion I feel for the senior game if not then it is off to the Rose.

I'm now past the point of caring about using the correct term for 'The Rangers'.

In fact, they are Rangers. The only thing that has really changed is they now have no debt and can rack up some trophies and build up a huge feeling of righting an incorrectly perseved wrong. By the time they hit the SPL it will be Bigotfest Dulux.

Which leads me onto the fact that we can't mention Falkirk without Rangers coming into the discussion. We seem inextricably linked together at the moment and I fucking hate it.

Thank you Martin Ritchie. You have managed to keep Rangers at the forefront of FFC discussion for months now. From your non-commital pre-vote statements, your condascending post-vote garbage and now your insistance that our whole season somehow depended on 2 games against Sevco. Add to that the Rangers related fiaco with the announcer and chummy closed door games at Ibrox I'm surprised the new tops were not of the Royal variety of blue.

In fact, surely we would sell more if they were?

Thank you Martin Ritchie. You have managed to keep Rangers at the forefront of FFC discussion for months now. From your non-commital pre-vote statements, your condascending post-vote garbage and now your insistance that our whole season somehow depended on 2 games against Sevco. Add to that the Rangers related fiaco with the announcer and chummy closed door games at Ibrox I'm surprised the new tops were not of the Royal variety of blue.

The most alarming aspect of the whole affair was Ritchie's claim that "Some of our fans complained" about the announcer.

I thought that would have attracted a lot more comment than it did.

Why exactly would a so-called Falkirk fan object to the "The Rangers" being termed Sevco. Would these same fans have complained were it Celtic to be on the receiving end of this banal banter? Methinks not.

Did Ritchie take these complaints at face value? Or was that actually a lie from him and there were no complaints from Falkirk fans?

It's hard to know, because nothing from Ritchie is remotely believeable without quadruple checking all of it.

Edited by H_B

I'd like to think that this new found 'fwendship' will end with them having to hand us the 2009 Scottish Cup !

Not that they'll be stripped of anything of course, and not that we'd be awarded it if they were !

Yep the investigation is under way so we will hear the evidence on this Tuesday or Wednesday. :D

Edited by Bairnforever1992

The most alarming aspect of the whole affair was Ritchie's claim that "Some of our fans complained" about the announcer.

I thought that would have attracted a lot more comment than it did.

Why exactly would a so-called Falkirk fan object to the "The Rangers" being termed Sevco. Would these same fans have complained were it Celtic to be on the receiving end of this banal banter? Methinks not.

Did Ritchie take these complaints at face value? Or was that actually a lie from him and there were no complaints from Falkirk fans?

It's hard to know, because nothing from Ritchie is remotely believeable without quadruple checking all of it.

I was told by a member of staff that the complaint came from within the ground and that it wouldn't be anybody in the hospitality suites (ie scouts, directors, officials) as apparently you can't hear the tannoy in there.

And reading some of the mewling on OneF, it's clear that some Falkirk "fans" would just love a taste of Sevco boaby. mad.gif