The Falkirk FC Thread

Will the result of the fans survery be made public? Just a thought but it would be interesting to see if there are any common themes across the fans at other clubs.

I know we have had similar but less formal exercises inthe past.

From an outsiders point of view I would be utterly amazed if your Board take any notice.

Some of the individuals on your Board simply can not be told they are wrong. I know one and have worked with an other. Both will never admit they are wrong but blame everyone else for their short comings.

Will the result of the fans survery be made public? Just a thought but it would be interesting to see if there are any common themes across the fans at other clubs.

I know we have had similar but less formal exercises inthe past.

From an outsiders point of view I would be utterly amazed if your Board take any notice.

Some of the individuals on your Board simply can not be told they are wrong. I know one and have worked with an other. Both will never admit they are wrong but blame everyone else for their short comings.

The whole survey, and Charter will be public after the meeting next Thursday.

Young Roberts is on the OS saying that he's going to buckle down and work hard for the team. Claims that his actions so far have all been down to frustration and that he wants to win the fans over.

I wasn't at the Aberdeen game so I don't know what his crime was but I don't like to see players booed, especially if it's going to be detrimental to the team. He seems to be quite immature to me and, based on his antics so far, I'm not surprised at all that he reacted to being booed. I feel that he's the type that needs a lot of encouragement and I hope gets it because he's a cracking wee player who could do a very good job for us this season.

He needs to do exactly what he says, buckle down, work hard, score goals and be a real team player. Hopefully he's been told as well that he needs to avoid reacting to opposition players and fans as he's far too easily wound up - as I say, a bit immature.

simply, if he does it on the park, he can shout at us....this is where its went wrong. His attitude has been spoilt child more than its went well so far. He has escaped being dropped or criticism from management due to perhaps tlc from them or favouritism due to paths crossing previously. In my opinion as stated elsewhere, he was dropped last week and it perhaps came a week or so too late. I'm glad its come to a head and we can move on, if he gets his head down and gets on with it, the falkirk fans will be behind him, we are not a bad bunch but its all down to him as it was from day one.

I've since been told that he went absolutely tonto at some fans and that there may be no way back. Easy for me to say that we should encourage etc when I didn't witness it. He maybe should try to make some sort of apology (another hat trick would be good) then, as you say, we may be able to kve on from there.

According to the papers, we, as well as the other teams in the SPL between 2009 and 2012 will receive £600k after the collapse of the Setanta deal.

With a very small percentage coming to us no doubt. At least Rangers' share will go to Oldco creditors.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be pedantic, but what's the difference between these two paragraphs?

We are also pleased to report that both parties have agreed to the setting up of 2 working parties. One will address operational issues, a second will ensure greater fans engagement with the club going forward.
We are also pleased to report that both parties have agreed to the setting up of 2 working parties. One will address operational issues, a second will ensure greater fans engagement with the club.

I really fucking hate the phrase "going forward". Where else would we be going?

Apart from that, thanks for the update, and keep up the good work! :)

What are the FSS strategies that will deliver the charter points?

This is not just FSS. FF represents around 1100+ fans

There is no charter as yet as it is still under discussion.

It is not for supporters to decide on how to deliver points on the charter but we should have input into that most certainly. And by that I don't mean me personally but supporters in general. In my opinion the charter should be agree by all, delivered per the agreement and then measured how effective it has been each year.

What's the current playing budget to turnover ratio?

I think it is around 30% for us, which is way lower than most club operate on. 60% is the largest recommended figure.