The Falkirk FC Thread

John browns tactics at the time were terrible. He's listened to the fans and changed from 352 to 442 and although at times the football has been shite were so much harder to beat now.

I think your team is well organised but tbh that's about it. No creativity and your strikers are rank rotten. If you guys sign a Lyle taylor you'd have a chance but a Mark Stewart signing then I can't see you guys having a realistic shout.

John browns tactics at the time were terrible. He's listened to the fans and changed from 352 to 442 and although at times the football has been shite were so much harder to beat now.

I think your team is well organised but tbh that's about it. No creativity and your strikers are rank rotten. If you guys sign a Lyle taylor you'd have a chance but a Mark Stewart signing then I can't see you guys having a realistic shout.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I think Rory Loy is up there with the best strikers in the league (2nd top scorer btw). As for the lack of creativity? We're no worse than anyone else in the league. Maybe been off the boil in the last 2 games but prior to that it's certainly not been an issue.

He might be 2nd top goal scorer but I don't rate him. I can think of a few strikers that I'd much rather have like Peaso, Wighton, Boyle, Mcnulty, Antoine courier and even Iain Russell.

Now I don't know if You'd class Mark Millers performance on Sat as good or not but from watching him I don't think he showed anything special at all. Decent, comfortable on the ball but like Kev Mcbride offers nothing in an attacking sense. He might have had an off game but going by what Falkirk threads I've read you guys hold him in high regard and a key player in your title push.

I'm not the type of supporter who is blinded by their love of the club.

The season where we had a seven point lead at Xmas I said to the old man I thought Caley would win the league and they did,easily.same when Hamilton won the league too.

Before Sat going by the 2 previous performances against us I thought you'd be our main challengers but I've changed my mind.

If Hamilton get a good central midfielder and a striker they could do it. It's no coincidence that their run of patchy results has been since Alex Neil injury.

He might be 2nd top goal scorer but I don't rate him. I can think of a few strikers that I'd much rather have like Peaso, Wighton, Boyle, Mcnulty, Antoine courier and even Iain Russell.

Now I don't know if You'd class Mark Millers performance on Sat as good or not but from watching him I don't think he showed anything special at all. Decent, comfortable on the ball but like Kev Mcbride offers nothing in an attacking sense. He might have had an off game but going by what Falkirk threads I've read you guys hold him in high regard and a key player in your title push.

I'm not the type of supporter who is blinded by their love of the club.

The season where we had a seven point lead at Xmas I said to the old man I thought Caley would win the league and they did,easily.same when Hamilton won the league too.

Before Sat going by the 2 previous performances against us I thought you'd be our main challengers but I've changed my mind.

If Hamilton get a good central midfielder and a striker they could do it. It's no coincidence that their run of patchy results has been since Alex Neil injury.

Millar brought a great save from the Livi keeper with a 20 yard shot early on in Saturday's game and does that on a regular basis. I can't remember McBride doing that very often if at all. Although he's generally played deep in an effort to control the game he's an excellent attacking midfielder too.

I would agree though that Saturday's game wasn't his best and possibly his least effective since returning to the club.

Millar brought a great save from the Livi keeper with a 20 yard shot early on in Saturday's game and does that on a regular basis. I can't remember McBride doing that very often if at all. Although he's generally played deep in an effort to control the game he's an excellent attacking midfielder too.

It took my a while to be convinced by Mcbride, as long as he's played in CM he's a good first division footballer and is well capable of controlling a game. He's been back in the team since davos red card and we've looked far better as a result.

Simmo6932, on Yesterday, 22:07, said:

After watching the game on Sat I'll eat shit if Falkirk win the league.

Roll on a 2weeks Sat.

Look, we are all now fully briefed that you took in the Livvy v Falkirk game on Saturday, and on the basis of that game, you have determined that Falkirk have no goal threat whatsoever (so clearly his game has completely overridden any evidence from the two Falkirk v Dundee games this season), and that you have now determined that Livvy have easily the best midfield in the league.

Everyone has gotten the message. You will understand if everyone tends not to consider your opinion as being overly loaded with rational thinking or overly tempered with facts.

Edited by Guest

Is Faulds due back soon? A bag of tatties in midfield would have been more noticeable than him over his loan period.

Firstly, let's be honest - if a game kicked off and there was a bag of tatties sitting in the centre circle it would be the first think you'd notice. ;) Secondly, his initial loan was only till January as far as I know, so unless there's been an agreement between the 2 clubs to extend it since then yes, he will be due back.

Kris Faulds is similar height and build to Millar. The first few games I saw him play, he looked like a tenacious wee player who could play the Murdoch/Millar role. He's still only 19 and with little first team experience.

Christ, you see how much McGrandles has come on from being berated regularly.

Where did Faukds' faithers post go?

Typical football dad can see no wrong in the ability of the child.

We've had a few on the Stenny forum over the years who didn't like criticism and been told they would end up junior. Guess where they ended up?

Stirling Albion is a dece shout.