The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone else think the team isn't fit enough? Looking at the Livingston team today they could have easily went on for another 30 mins. On the other hand many of our players were dead on their feet with 15-20 mins to go.

Anyone else think the team isn't fit enough? Looking at the Livingston team today they could have easily went on for another 30 mins. On the other hand many of our players were dead on their feet with 15-20 mins to go.

Aye, they were all blowin' oot of their arses. Was the same v Morton I felt although I believe there had been a virus doing the rounds that week. Could argue that they didn't look too fit against Alloa either as they didn't seem to be moving the ball very quickly.

Can't believe what am reading. Our team is by far one of the fittest in the league by a mile.

Strangely we had a more fitter squad under Pressley but everyone just boo'd and abused him

And he absolutely deserved the stick he got if for no other reason than his blatant misrepresentation of the facts..pathetic performances would be praised to the hilt & I was sick of him telling me I was seeing a performance that just wasn't there..

Whilst our team doesn't look unfit, it would explain why we have needlessly lost late goals at home to Morton, Dundee, Livingston & Raith Rovers when 3 or 4 nil up.

It could just be down to poor substitutions as in other games (ie at Dens) we have ben excellent for the full 90 minutes.

Well this a bit weird.

I can't even remember the last league goal we lost and we are on a great run, so why do we need to find a reason to insult the team?

Yes, yesterday could've been easier. Sometimes you just have to be glad of 3 points.

It's been said many times by top managers that playing 10 men can be harder than 11.

We are in a very good position right now and I am happy with out position and the form shown by these guys.

Let's not look at the negatives but be positive for a change.

Well this a bit weird.

I can't even remember the last league goal we lost and we are on a great run, so why do we need to find a reason to insult the team?

Yes, yesterday could've been easier. Sometimes you just have to be glad of 3 points.

It's been said many times by top managers that playing 10 men can be harder than 11.

We are in a very good position right now and I am happy with out position and the form shown by these guys.

Let's not look at the negatives but be positive for a change.

I agree. I didn't mean to sound like i was having a moan. I was just stating an observation that i have made a few times this season. Whatever they are doing in training is working because we are winning games and that is what matters.

Late goals at home, I think have to be put down to Holt's substitutions. It's a minor thing and I'm sure as a young manager he'll realise what he's doing wrong and adapt. Other than that, I think we're doing just fine. Not seeing this lack of fitness we're going on about?

Also, I'm noticing much more composure and patience in the players - Livi on Saturday and Alloa the week before are two games I think we'd have lost under Pressley, but we remained patient and calm and kept doing what we were doing, which you have to say wasn't an attribute our teams over the last few seasons have generally had.

Edited by RobBairn1876

Late goals at home, I think have to be put down to Holt's substitutions. It's a minor thing and I'm sure as a young manager he'll realise what he's doing wrong and adapt. Other than that, I think we're doing just fine. Not seeing this lack of fitness we're going on about?

Also, I'm noticing much more composure and patience in the players - Livi on Saturday and Alloa the week before are two games I think we'd have lost under Pressley, but we remained patient and calm and kept doing what we were doing, which you have to say wasn't an attribute our teams over the last few seasons have generally had.

I know what you mean about subs, but if we're comfortably leading a game then we need to give some other players a chance. I don't think the subs have cost us any points have they? Maybe made it a bit more nervy, but no more than that.

We would have lost under Pressley? I bet that is what the Coventry fans are saying. Pressley was dealt a bum hand at Falkirk (the vice Chairmans words) and Holt's hand is just as bad and will not get any better. If you are happy with the dross served up in the last two games fine. I for one think it is garbage and for most of the season that has been the case.

I see a lot more endeavour from us this season and a lot more forward movement than under Elvis or Yogi. What is missing at times is that creative link between midfield and attack. We often become a bit too predictable when attacking and this is the reason for Roberts lean spell. Jay can often be creative but he is being closely marked recently. Alston has this quality also and we should be using him more. If MM stays for the rest of season we should be in the mix. It's not just his skill we require but also he makes others play better

Don't fuckin go to the games then.All you seem to do is bloody greet. Fuckin mouthpiece.

He's not wrong though, the manager and the last one have been told lies from the BOD in regards to the budget etc. How would you like to have been told your budget, then for them to move the goalposts?

I was/am no fan of Pressley BTW. That was fcukin rotten yesterday but that happens when you're going for the league. The manager is trying to win the league of that I have no doubt, not so sure about our BOD.