The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Let us say that 50% of the fans in the KM7 decide to walk over to the north stand, could 50% of the stewards from the KM7 not be syphoned off to manage the transfer of the fans? Seems a bit extreme to hire an additional set of stewards for the whole game when they are only going to be needed for 15 minutes tops.

I've no idea. I'm sure there will be some sort of risk-assessment based formula which determines how many stewards are appropriate relative to fan numbers but I wouldn't know how it works. 

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I walk round the East side on a regular basis, as will players going from the community changing rooms to the community pitch. The ground is walkable but it's not completely flat and isn't paved. My guess is that if some old biddy tripped and injured themselves it could be argued that the club hadn't taken all reasonable steps to ensure their safety. ("Reasonable" being a paved surface.) 

The other thing is there are no fences on the East side, so people could encroach on the pitch. The only way to prevent that would be to hire an additional set of stewards to stand along the edge which would increase costs to the club. Even if you put a fence up I assume the area would still have to be stewarded. 

Aye, one of the issues that the H&S guys raised was the possibility of folk tripping on the stones that are laid on that area.

52 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I might be wrong here but pretty sure we did that when on the old Scottish Premier League.

It’s pretty much segregated already as you can close the doors half way along the concourse to avoid mixing of supporters and there are separate turnstiles at each end of the North Stand that can be used….

You think we changed ends in the PL? I have no recollection of this at all.

Fans could certainly be segregated inside the stand by locking the internal doors (although I wouldn't be surprised if that would now be disallowed due to fire safety regulations) but I can't see it being allowed in the stand itself. We saw at Hamilton that if you get a few nutters on either side that want to cause trouble, the stewards aren't going to do much to stop them. (Quite rightly)

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Fans could certainly be segregated inside the stand by locking the internal doors (although I wouldn't be surprised if that would now be disallowed due to fire safety regulations) but I can't see it being allowed in the stand itself. We saw at Hamilton that if you get a few nutters on either side that want to cause trouble, the stewards aren't going to do much to stop them. (Quite rightly)

No. But I am sure you were able to buy a ticket as a home fan to sit in the North Stand in some games……

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No. But I am sure you were able to buy a ticket as a home fan to sit in the North Stand in some games……

My one and only time in the North stand was when Ryan McStay scored to win us promotion.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ah, right. Yes I think you're correct as I remember contemplating doing that, never did though.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

My one and only time in the North stand was when Ryan McStay scored to win us promotion.

I was in there for a Scottish Cup tie against Ross Co when Danny McBreen saved a 1-1 draw and that was in our first SPL season.

29 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

For me it was a home defeat to Dundee Utd (1-3, I think) when, due to injuries,  Hughes named himself in the starting XI & collapsed in a heap after about 25 minutes. Might have been his last ever appearance.

43 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

For me it was an end of season game re QOTS.  They sang about a wheelbarrow losing its wheel for 90 mins!

Same for me.  Was that the game Alan Kernaghan played in for us?  Absolute Bombscare.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I seem to recall doing it as a young kid in the early eighties but pretty sure it stopped soon after as we started to get bigger crowds again.

Used to occasionally lead to a bit bother as well, remember one incident against St Johnstone and the guy getting lifted belted the copper as well, pretty sure it made the Herald that week.

Another time at Clydebank the steward opened the gate and dozens of Falkirk fans ran at all the fannies that had been acting like big men behind a fence throughout the first half. Bubbles's bus had to do a detour via the police station after the match to get get his bus numbers to match for going home 😆 

After the recent nonsense at Hamilton and TNS I wouldn't be confident this would be great idea, unfortunately...)