The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, BPM said:

Where did you get that feeling from that interview? He didn’t say anything remotely controversial. The only slightly contentious thing was he said he didn’t apply for the role. 

I got the feeling he was a dirty, smelly, wee tramp and that was enough for me.

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Going by some of the recents posts, some people obviously thought differently. 

Eh no. Don’t deflect from a simple challenge to your view that a tame interview told you he wasn’t suitable for a job. No Falkirk fan in their right mind has anything but contempt for Hartley now but he was not alone in bringing us to the verge of collapse. 
From the outside there was little wrong with his hiring at the time looking at his track record. The blame should lie in the people who recruited him. Did they check out his people skills ? Clearly not. They then hatched the Brentford model and we say the way that went. 

Edited by BPM

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

“Didn’t apply for the position” 

That was true though, and I didn't think there was anything arrogant in the way he said it either. He was asked the question after all. 

I think most folk were quite excited about him coming in at that point, what transpired though was a completely different story. As someone said before, it wasn't so much his poor management of the team that scunnered me, more the way he treated people. He turned out to be an arrogant, ignorant, abusive little shit. 

Funnily enough, he seems to be a little more humble in his interviews now. Maybe he's learned a lesson?

24 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Things must be going well when the day before a match all we can write about is a smelly wee rat we fired years ago.

In another 5 years when we're an established premiership club we'll all be able to look back fondly on it imo 

image.png.a4b089531a55a21ef2a2c597e0a13452.png

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Things must be going well when the day before a match all we can write about is a smelly wee rat we fired years ago.

Indeed.

This thread has become pretty stale whilst the match threads are much more interesting lately.

Come the annual P&B shuffle can I express a desire to leave 13 years of division, belligerence and petty arguments behind and start The Falkirk FC thread anew. Just a thought 🫥

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Put some cover on that and make it safe standing and you have a good stand for watching training, youth games and womens games and mens football and if it’s safe standing the ultras can go in there if they want to

23 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Indeed.

This thread has become pretty stale whilst the match threads are much more interesting lately.

Come the annual P&B shuffle can I express a desire to leave 13 years of division, belligerence and petty arguments behind and start The Falkirk FC thread anew. Just a thought 🫥

image.gif.505a090870e50b0ac97eca29e4b08d15.gif

18 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly any talk of a rebuild is nonsense- we have the basis of a good side for next season. However, it will be a step up and we will require additional quality in a number of positions imo.

Long, McKay, McGinn and Lawal will be leaving. Personally I also wouldn’t be retaining Mackie, Oliver or Shanley and would look to move Allan on.

We will then need imo a GK, RB, CB, LB, CM (possibly Tait), no 10 and ST. I would consider offering Ross a deal but would want to see a lot more from him first.

Agree with this.  I think Tait has shown enough now and would keep him if isn't disruptive.  Ross was apparently on very good money at Raith.  Would like to see him play a few games in the 10 role instead of Nesbitt to see how he gets on there.  

The others absolutely must go for me to free up space for better

52 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Put some cover on that and make it safe standing and you have a good stand for watching training, youth games and womens games and mens football and if it’s safe standing the ultras can go in there if they want to

Or you could look to import Portuguese sunshine. Quite like the idea of a mad pyramid.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Indeed.

I'm against this, every so often i end up on the first page by mistake and i always enjoy the 2nd ever post "SACK EVERYONE"

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I'm against this, every so often i end up on the first page by mistake and i always enjoy the 2nd ever post "SACK EVERYONE"

It serves as a reminder on how far we’ve come 

went from sack everyone to extend everyone’s contract

50 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

An option to join FSS at the same time as season ticket renewal would be ideal

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Archibald Leitch was doing this a century ago with his double sided stand at Bradford Park Avenue for football and cricket. Fair to say the Portuguese one would fit in better at the Falkirk Stadium though 😁

bpa3.jpg.c6018000be3455f8876fd58215c429b8.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

It serves as a reminder on how far we’ve come 

went from sack everyone to extend everyone’s contract

I like this thread as it shows the joy and despair through the years.

28 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Archibald Leitch was doing this a century ago with his double sided stand at Bradford Park Avenue for football and cricket. Fair to say the Portuguese one would fit in better at the Falkirk Stadium though 😁

Feel sorry for anyone who has to sit on the cricket side.

47 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I think Headingley in Leeds has a dual stand for Rugby League and Cricket.