The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think it’s more a being played out of position thing.

We should definitely be looking at signing a “proper” right back for next season.

We have 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Surprised Oliver getting a new deal. Might be falling into the trap that we did last Summer of being too loyal to some who won't make an impact required for a team looking to make at least a play off push.

We should definitely be learning from DA’s experience. There are clear parallels. I do support Oliver’s signing, but understand the argument. I’m reeking in optimism bias just now but that could change quickly if we get half a dozen injuries. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the boy from Colts is our starting right back. McGlynn is apparently a big fan and he's a very fit young lad with a sensible head on him as well, all according to the guy I know at Colts. Look out your passports for a pre season friendly in Cumbernauld btw.

9 minutes ago, StuartA said:

We should definitely be learning from DA’s experience. There are clear parallels. I do support Oliver’s signing, but understand the argument. I’m reeking in optimism bias just now but that could change quickly if we get half a dozen injuries. 

You will be reeking this Saturday that’s for sure. #Courtyardsingalong 

8 minutes ago, BPM said:

You will be reeking this Saturday that’s for sure. #Courtyardsingalong 

So will you I bet ya big hoor 🤣three day hangover. Hope you’re in the train and not driving!

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

So will you I bet ya big hoor 🤣three day hangover. Hope you’re in the train and not driving!

Driving. Montrose game week after also sorted in case Hartley shits in the nest again this weekend 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not played at this level though.

No doubt the lad will be decent though.

All the feedback is he is a late developer who isn’t coming in as a squad player. On thing for sure McGlynn hasn’t made many mistakes recruiting 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Driving. Montrose game week after also sorted in case Hartley shits in the nest again this weekend 

I can’t watch the Montrose game as the kids are mascots at that farmer team that day so down in Perth. Selfishly hoping it’s this weekend. Otherwise will be switching all social media off next weekend and watching the game on delay at 8pm when we get home!

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

All the feedback is he is a late developer who isn’t coming in as a squad player. On thing for sure McGlynn hasn’t made many mistakes recruiting 

True, my main concern is that Yeats is really not a right back though he has done a fine job as a stand in.

28 minutes ago, BPM said:

P&B Peps out today in force with the merits or not of Gary Oliver. 

Football fans discussing the merits of a football player on a football forum. 

Absolute shocker. How dare they.

57 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Football fans discussing the merits of a football player on a football forum. 

Absolute shocker. How dare they.

Exactly how dare they 😁

Bit late in the day but any way of getting more tickets out for Saturday? Would be a shame to have a fairly empty north stand. Any easy way of distributing some kids freebies? 

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Bit late in the day but any way of getting more tickets out for Saturday? Would be a shame to have a fairly empty north stand. Any easy way of distributing some kids freebies? 

NS will be the PATG area for Saturday & I think a decent walk up will happen tbh. Still tomorrow too for sales but looking like 5,500 home fans.