The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Ross is only 22

In that case if Raith offered him a deal in theory we’d be due them some form of compensation which probably rules him out as a signing, I don’t think he has anything on the table from them however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In that case if Raith offered him a deal in theory we’d be due them some form of compensation which probably rules him out as a signing, I don’t think he has anything on the table from them however. 

I think any new contract from Raith would have to equal his current to trigger compensation too. Given Raith fans seem to think he was a higher earner I don't see that happening.

18 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

18 posts quoted, 15 of those from the same person who @Rugstersays hasn't posted in 17 years bar once in 2023 and @Shodwall catsays obviously has a link to the Foundation. I'm sure he has no agenda whatsoever by randomly reraising stuff from weeks ago 

I stopped posting on P&B years ago because it's mostly full of nonsense. A few mates in the pub on Friday mentioned the garbage that had been posted about the Foundation. I read it and posted a comment about it. The responses were of a typical P&B standard. Shodwell has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Happy to correct both of you 👍🏻 Have a great day. 

1 hour ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

I stopped posting on P&B years ago because it's mostly full of nonsense. A few mates in the pub on Friday mentioned the garbage that had been posted about the Foundation. I read it and posted a comment about it. The responses were of a typical P&B standard. Shodwell has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Happy to correct both of you 👍🏻 Have a great day. 

I’m assuming you decided to post again because there is very little nonsense now and you wanted to correct that. 

11 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I do think there definitely needs to be a higher standard enforced on artificial pitches - it's often referenced how Kilmarnock's and Livingston's pass the test of suitability, which is baffling considering both have been absolutely dire even since the day they got put down. However, outright banning them is emblematic of the reactionary nature in which football is governed in Scotland. Of course everyone wants to play on grass, but are you telling me that a game on our pitch isn't better to watch than some of the bobbly cow fields and mud patches that you often see, even in the top league? Behave.

The Hybrid playing surfaces are the only option to grass pitches then.

Anybody know the price difference between Artificial - Hybrid and the working life.

If they ban artificial pitches, then there has to be a phase in period X years so clubs that just invested in new pitches are not disadvantaged. If not then we know the blazers have other motives

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Hybrid playing surfaces are the only option to grass pitches then.

Anybody know the price difference between Artificial - Hybrid and the working life.

If they ban artificial pitches, then there has to be a phase in period X years so clubs that just invested in new pitches are not disadvantaged. If not then we know the blazers have other motives

Hybrid are about a million quid a pop I think. Certainly not cheap.

It's mentioned on Falkirk daft how much McGlynn lives and breathes football and how much his fine lady must detest him for it.

I made the trip through to Alloa on Sunday to watch the U18's and around 5 minutes before the game started in strolls super John McGlynn in his finest Sunday clobber(bunnet and all) with his fine lady following behind him.

Just hope he treated her to something from the lidl bakery after the game.

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

Welcome home Ola

Paul Hartley is absolutely seething 🤣

Ola hates you and so do we ya wee greasy p***k!

Now give him enough appearances for a medal. 

A new thread has been posted about the artifical pitches issue with a template email if people want to contact their clubs (great idea) but wondering from our perspective if FSS and the board can do a vote with the fans/fss members as a fan owned club to then use as an official statement. As was done around the conference league/ B team fiasco. If enough clubs outside the premiership complain about only premiership teams having a vote about artificial surfaces hopefully that would make them think twice at the very least.