The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Paul Hartley is absolutely seething 🤣

Ola hates you and so do we ya wee greasy p***k!

Now give him enough appearances for a medal. 

Already has 10 subby appearances, (which you'd know if you paid attention to my post last night 😢 )

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

As much as it's a laugh and I'm glad Ola is invested in our success, I can't help but feel it's a poor reflection overall. 

Wasn't getting a sniff here and went out on loan and didn't pull up any trees. 

I like the lad but he's not paid to be a cheerleader.

He won’t be getting a new contract, but he’s gone there and rattled the rat, will come back here as a cult hero, and will lap up the title celebrations - which btw will be the highlight of his career. 100% back down south to a Chippenham town or Dulwich Hamlet next, with all our best wishes 

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Already has 10 subby appearances, (which you'd know if you paid attention to my post last night 😢 )

I'm sorry brother....

In fairness, I did in so far as I commented on Coll(ossus) Donaldsons apps, but didnt for one second think that the wee rat Hartely would be sufficiently rattled that we'd be discussing potentially getting Ola's appearances up at all.

Bottom line is he deserves a medal for what he did, and what better one that a league winners one where we absolutely bodied Hartley up and down the place.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'm sorry brother....

In fairness, I did in so far as I commented on Coll(ossus) Donaldsons apps, but didnt for one second think that the wee rat Hartely would be sufficiently rattled that we'd be discussing potentially getting Ola's appearances up at all.

Bottom line is he deserves a medal for what he did, and what better one that a league winners one where we absolutely bodied Hartley up and down the place.

Let you off, if only for the phrase Collossus Donaldson which I am blatantly pinching.

10 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

So what’s the general opinion?  Will we do it this weekend, or against Montrose?  Or later?

I think it'll be this weekend, Cove need to pick up points as otherwise Montrose/Alloa will pip them to the playoff spots. 

Cove won the last home game against them 1-0 in November and although Hamilton won the other two matches there wasn't much in the games.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think it'll be this weekend, Cove need to pick up points as otherwise Montrose/Alloa will pip them to the playoff spots. 

Cove won the last home game against them 1-0 in November and the other two matches have been close.

Agree with this, given Cove need the points for the play offs, Fyvie is fit again, Burrell hasnt scored recently and will want to finish above CM as top scorer, and they are at home, I think they'll likely take something from Hamilton. Failing that and Hamilton win (assuming we win at home to Edinburgh) it'll be next week against Montrose.

Interesting that the stats from weeks ago predicted it would be Edinburgh at home or Montrose away, based on points per game averages to that point, and it looks like being that way.

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

A new thread has been posted about the artifical pitches issue with a template email if people want to contact their clubs (great idea) but wondering from our perspective if FSS and the board can do a vote with the fans/fss members as a fan owned club to then use as an official statement. As was done around the conference league/ B team fiasco. If enough clubs outside the premiership complain about only premiership teams having a vote about artificial surfaces hopefully that would make them think twice at the very least. 

Not including championship teams in the vote is very worrying indeed. What if a team like, say Raith, were to be promoted but didn't have the finances to tear up their pitch and replace it with grass? They'd have to forfeit promotion or risk going into debt in order to comply! Considering the risks attached, with the real possibility of being relegated again from the Premiership, a real argument could be made that it would make more financial sense to stay put in the championship, and that is just absolutely mental when you think about it! If this vote is allowed, then there simply MUST be provisions put in place to assist clubs that don't have the financial means to comply. It's snobbery of the highest order and just feels like the infamous minimum 10K stadium fiasco from years ago but with a different name.

Edit: There needs to be common sense applied here. Banning plastic pitches outright is nonsense. Enforcing a minimum standard of plastic pitch makes sense however. If UEFA are happy with Norwegian and Swiss teams using them then they can't be that bad surely? Livi and Killie have shockingly bad pitches, but the likes of us and Raith have pretty good pitches, I'd say.

Edited by Raybowski89
Wanted to rant a wee bit more

31 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

So what’s the general opinion?  Will we do it this weekend, or against Montrose?  Or later?

I think it will be this weekend. Cove need to take something from their game against Accies, so they'll have no shortage of motivation. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

1 imagine that the footage of him celebrating didn’t sit well with CR. Thought at the time he’d be Jettisoned, surprised it took so long. Although well and truly financially backed club, hearing not all good on that front.

If he’d been putting in MOM performances or banging the goals in his celebrations the other week would have made no difference and he’d still be up there, I’d suggest he perhaps hasn’t quite set the heather alight is more the reason for his return. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Paul Hartley is absolutely seething 🤣

Ola hates you and so do we ya wee greasy p***k!

Now give him enough appearances for a medal. 

His cover was blown (by himself) so he had to be brought in for de-briefing.

Give him a medal, a nomination for Player of the Year,  his own table for life at Benny T's just for his tunnel antics!

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When Putin says the West has no democracy, he’s not correcting us. He stating an opinion which is then ridiculed by his audience. The same applies to you.

You’ve corrected no-one.

You’ve made claims which you refuse to substantiate. You’ve attacked posters, board members, fans and the club. You’ve gone out of your way to be insulting to people who tried to engage with you.  

You’re free to do all of that, and I’ve no doubt you’ll continue.

But when you posted about the U18, U16s and recreational teams you showed a knowledge of Foundation activities which no-one would have without being involved. The details of your claims were spurious because the youth teams were created before the dev team folded and at least one of the rec teams was created by players, not Foundation staff, but you still knew the basics.

In the eyes of people who read this page, that knowledge marks you as someone connected to the Foundation. And no amount of denials will change that.

It’s ironic that you posted in support of the Foundation. Because all you’ve achieved is to piss people off, at least judging by the reaction to your posts. You’ve stirred up hostility against the very organisation that you’re trying to help.

Good job mate.

this is a gr8 post and as i said before people like this involved in the foundation only makes me more worried than i already am about what how they go about their business

Pun aside I don't think I've seen a worst defence even through the Hartley years, take a bow SPLWWW!

When a subject is pages in the past but you manage to resurrect it, to only highlight what the issue was even more, takes a special kind of idiot.

This must deserve some type of award!

200.gif?cid=ff8740171qmkwl4t2iboaamu6syw

2 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Because clubs can recall players from loan and they play, so yes he'll be allowed

He's not allowed. His registration was temporarily transferred to Cove at the close of the January transfer window so he cannot play for us between now and the end of the season. The two clubs stuff being mentioned does not come into it. 

58 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

this is a gr8 post and as i said before people like this involved in the foundation only makes me more worried than i already am about what how they go about their business

I actually find it amazing the club have no oversight or input whatsoever when it comes to the foundation, not even a seat on the BOD. It’s something that definitely needs to be looked at particularly when considering the foundation are using the clubs name, brand and facilities as a means of raising money via player recruitment ect. The organisation does seem to have ran away with itself a little and a bit of a re-set might be required to bring everything back to its grass roots. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Is Ola allowed to play for us? Given he’s played for cove since the transfer window 

No. Whether he's played or not is irrelevant. Cancellation after 1st February without having played at all he still wouldn't be eligible.

I'd imagine he'd be allowed

Nope

Because clubs can recall players from loan and they play, so yes he'll be allowed

Only if they recall them when the window is open.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

As long as it is no more than 2 teams within 1 season he should be fine.

Nope.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No of appearances is not directly relevant to whether he gets a medal. You'll get a set amount of medals (used to be 20 not sure if it still is) and can distribute how you wish (or buy more if you think more players deserve it as long as it's only to people who actually played).

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, he can't play for you (well not at first team competitive level - he can play for your reserves but then he could do that while he was on loan also). Nor can he go anywhere else at SPFL level.

He could potentially go out on loan to a level that doesn't use windows and doesn't enforce the two clubs in one season rule either (Lowland League or below). Otherwise it's Reserve matches or a seat in the stand for the rest of the season.