The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I do think there definitely needs to be a higher standard enforced on artificial pitches - it's often referenced how Kilmarnock's and Livingston's pass the test of suitability, which is baffling considering both have been absolutely dire even since the day they got put down. However, outright banning them is emblematic of the reactionary nature in which football is governed in Scotland. Of course everyone wants to play on grass, but are you telling me that a game on our pitch isn't better to watch than some of the bobbly cow fields and mud patches that you often see, even in the top league? Behave.

The Hybrid playing surfaces are the only option to grass pitches then.

Anybody know the price difference between Artificial - Hybrid and the working life.

If they ban artificial pitches, then there has to be a phase in period X years so clubs that just invested in new pitches are not disadvantaged. If not then we know the blazers have other motives

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Hybrid playing surfaces are the only option to grass pitches then.

Anybody know the price difference between Artificial - Hybrid and the working life.

If they ban artificial pitches, then there has to be a phase in period X years so clubs that just invested in new pitches are not disadvantaged. If not then we know the blazers have other motives

Hybrid are about a million quid a pop I think. Certainly not cheap.

It's mentioned on Falkirk daft how much McGlynn lives and breathes football and how much his fine lady must detest him for it.

I made the trip through to Alloa on Sunday to watch the U18's and around 5 minutes before the game started in strolls super John McGlynn in his finest Sunday clobber(bunnet and all) with his fine lady following behind him.

Just hope he treated her to something from the lidl bakery after the game.

A new thread has been posted about the artifical pitches issue with a template email if people want to contact their clubs (great idea) but wondering from our perspective if FSS and the board can do a vote with the fans/fss members as a fan owned club to then use as an official statement. As was done around the conference league/ B team fiasco. If enough clubs outside the premiership complain about only premiership teams having a vote about artificial surfaces hopefully that would make them think twice at the very least. 

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When Putin says the West has no democracy, he’s not correcting us. He stating an opinion which is then ridiculed by his audience. The same applies to you.

You’ve corrected no-one.

You’ve made claims which you refuse to substantiate. You’ve attacked posters, board members, fans and the club. You’ve gone out of your way to be insulting to people who tried to engage with you.  

You’re free to do all of that, and I’ve no doubt you’ll continue.

But when you posted about the U18, U16s and recreational teams you showed a knowledge of Foundation activities which no-one would have without being involved. The details of your claims were spurious because the youth teams were created before the dev team folded and at least one of the rec teams was created by players, not Foundation staff, but you still knew the basics.

In the eyes of people who read this page, that knowledge marks you as someone connected to the Foundation. And no amount of denials will change that.

It’s ironic that you posted in support of the Foundation. Because all you’ve achieved is to piss people off, at least judging by the reaction to your posts. You’ve stirred up hostility against the very organisation that you’re trying to help.

Good job mate.

I suspect I know who this individual is based on my interactions with the foundation. His dismissive attitude and arrogance all very similar to what wee regularly see.

Seems like somebody biting of more than they can chew.

Edited by latapythelegend

1 imagine that the footage of him celebrating didn’t sit well with CR. Thought at the time he’d be Jettisoned, surprised it took so long. Although well and truly financially backed club, hearing not all good on that front.

As much as it's a laugh and I'm glad Ola is invested in our success, I can't help but feel it's a poor reflection overall. 

Wasn't getting a sniff here and went out on loan and didn't pull up any trees. 

I like the lad but he's not paid to be a cheerleader.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

As much as it's a laugh and I'm glad Ola is invested in our success, I can't help but feel it's a poor reflection overall. 

Wasn't getting a sniff here and went out on loan and didn't pull up any trees. 

I like the lad but he's not paid to be a cheerleader.

Only really played when we had a few injuries once we had most of our squad back fit he was on the bench and wasn't subbed on a few times. In his time playing didn't impress at all which was surprising as I thought he'd be decent.