The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Quick scan over the main stand, looking like it’s down to a few hundred seats available. Two days plus match day to go. We won’t sell out but why not make the NS PATG. 

I think they will end up making the NS PATG yeah. Looking like a 5500 crowd which is brilliant. 

I cannot wait to be able to fire up my laptop and then key in the four magic words: "pie and bovril championship".

Took me a couple of seasons to get used to typing "pie and bovril league 1"

OUT NOW

🆕🎙️FALKIRK DAFT MEETS…
TAM MCMANUS

@ProducerMac & @RossWayne chat over @The_Tman10’s 2 spells at FFC

🇹🇹 Latapy’s genius 
🏴‍☠️ Crossing the divide & the relegation PARty
🤝🏼 Pressley support 
💻 One F fans forum 
🇺🇸 Facing Beckham & 
🚕 A night out with Dodd, Higgins & Stokes and saving the Aussies lives 🥊📞👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_8187.thumb.jpeg.ed956a681e93072a0062f2c77c1d083d.jpeg

23 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Beazer.jpg

chips.gif

I bought a T-shirt from Falkirk market at the time. It had Arnold Schwarzenegger from T2 on the front, and they replaced his top with that strip. Sitting on the motorbike, shotgun in hand, Falkirk top on and "The Bairnator" in bold writing on the top.

I loved that T-shirt. It fell to pieces after a few months, though.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I bought a T-shirt from Falkirk market at the time. It had Arnold Schwarzenegger from T2 on the front, and they replaced his top with that strip. Sitting on the motorbike, shotgun in hand, Falkirk top on and "The Bairnator" in bold writing on the top.

I loved that T-shirt. It fell to pieces after a few months, though.

We need to get this print re-incarnated, that’s amazing patter 😂😂

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

Onus clearly on SPFL to detail valid concerns as to why artificial surfaces should be ruled out especially after the Dundee debacle at the weekend. 

Additionally they will also need to suggest how they will fix the redistribution of funds1 so that clubs across the pyramid can replace or maintain grass pitches to the perceived "standard" that top-flight football deserves - in their opinion ...

Think I'll be in for a long wait. 

1 This as always is the crux of the matter - Players prefer grass but clubs can't finance both so it's either got to continue to be a blend of surfaces in the SPFL or only one type (grass) across the whole organisation, in my view.

37 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyone find any difficulty when phoning the club shop? Been trying for the past hour and just rings out and onto voicemail. Is this a common theme? Never usually phone up you see. 

If you still can’t get through, email Joanne who is on the ball with retail - joanne.houghton@falkirkfc.co.uk

20 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Onus clearly on SPFL to detail valid concerns as to why artificial surfaces should be ruled out especially after the Dundee debacle at the weekend. 

Additionally they will also need to suggest how they will fix the redistribution of funds1 so that clubs across the pyramid can replace or maintain grass pitches to the perceived "standard" that top-flight football deserves - in their opinion ...

Think I'll be in for a long wait. 

1 This as always is the crux of the matter - Players prefer grass but clubs can't finance both so it's either got to continue to be a blend of surfaces in the SPFL or only one type (grass) across the whole organisation, in my view.

Yep. If the concern is oft alluded to, "safety" aspect with injuries then it would be frankly negligent to not extend the ban across all football. After all, we can't knowingly increase someone's chance of injury in good faith. But that would of course require data. This data does not exist though, because the problem doesn't exist. 

So we land on aesthetics (aka in this case, snobbery.) Except you will see SIGNIFCANTLY better football played on our new pitch than you will on any number of grass pitches in winter and we can include the top league in that (thanks Dundee for the recent evidence). 

So what actually IS behind this? It seems abundantly clear to me that it's quite simply all about the personal preferences (aka in this case, snobbery) of a few people at the top of our game. Ironically, one of whom dropped Scottish Football like a bag of hammers at the first sniff last time, and will either do so again, or be sacked having failed to meet the shrill, win everything demands of his entitled fanbase. That he is lashing out all over for excuses and dragging pitches into it should result in him being a laughing stock. And instead, we somehow find ourselves talking about a vote the punishes a huge number of Scottish Clubs. 

It's an absolute minter of a situation and very much like VAR, where we are currently seeing a widescale unification of fans that the juice is nowhere near worth the squeeze, any perceived gains from this (there really aren't any of not) are far outweighed by the damage sustained by member clubs of the SPFL. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Absolutely 👏🏻

And the one about saving Dodds & Higgins lives too 😂

Belter. Stokes was a moon man even then. That was during my time at the club and he was bonkers.

Looks like Oliver has been signed up for next season.

Wasn’t desperate to see him moved on but I do think the money could maybe have been used for another option in that position given he hasn’t been good enough to start in league 1, so I’m not convinced he’ll pull up trees a league up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/gary-oliver-agrees-new-falkirk-32407464

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Looks like Oliver has been signed up for next season.

Wasn’t desperate to see him moved on but I do think the money could maybe have been used for another option in that position given he hasn’t been good enough to start in league 1, so I’m not convinced he’ll pull up trees a league up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/gary-oliver-agrees-new-falkirk-32407464

I can see the versatility point of view but I was hoping McGlynn would have been more ruthless than that.