The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I like Yeats and he's young, but I'd argue he's been our weakest (outfield) consistent starter this season. I think his role should be a midfielder to come off the bench next season.

Disagree. Think his link up play with Morrison has been great for us. Like last year his form tapers off at the end of the season

Probably an age thing

10 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I like Yeats and he's young, but I'd argue he's been our weakest (outfield) consistent starter this season. I think his role should be a midfielder to come off the bench next season.

He could definitely improve defensively but over the course of this season I can't remember many times the opposing winger got the best of him over the course of the whole game and given he's only 19(20 next month) I'm not surprised he's got things still to work on.

I don't mind him in the middle of the park but he's very limited in there for me, I much prefer him at right back.

15 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Disagree. Think his link up play with Morrison has been great for us. Like last year his form tapers off at the end of the season

Probably an age thing

Not saying he's been bad at all, I think he gets spun quite easily by his man and gets caught out of position quite often. I think he might get exposed a bit in the Championship which is no slight on him as he's been great playing outside of his natural position. 

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He could definitely improve defensively but over the course of this season I can't remember many times the opposing winger got the best of him over the course of the whole game and given he's only 19(20 next month) I'm not surprised he's got things still to work on.

I don't mind him in the middle of the park but he's very limited in there for me, I much prefer him at right back.

Christ, is he only 19?! I assumed he was 22-23! Best compliment I could probably pay him.

The only time that sticks in my mind where he was badly exposed was at QotS last week, but that match is naturally gonna be much more fresh in the memory than others. My only real concern about him at the back is that he isn't the quickest, but that's really about it. If you're gonna tightly mark your man, you'd better have the pace to catch up if they spin you.

I'd be interested to see what he could offer in midfield, but he's not budging Hendo or Spencer, is he? 

Edited by Raybowski89

A (paraphrased) comment that has gone under the radar, seemingly, on a Falkirk Daft podcast from a few weeks ago was that Yeats is being coveted by a calibre of team we'd be surprised by.

I took that to be one or both of the ugly sisters or even Liverpool at a stretch with their recent track record of scouting Scottish talent 👀

Stranger moves have happened.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

A (paraphrased) comment that has gone under the radar, seemingly, on a Falkirk Daft podcast from a few weeks ago was that Yeats is being coveted by a calibre of team we'd be surprised by.

I took that to be one or both of the ugly sisters or even Liverpool at a stretch with their recent track record of scouting Scottish talent 👀

Its not

58 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Ok, I’ll try one more time as I don’t want to bore people even more.

This is what I said that you have disagreed with….

I said he ‘has’ done ok, I doubt he’d be plying his trade in the top leagues if he hadn’t. At no point did I say he played well for us during his tenure.

An opinion perhaps, however I would say some basis to it.

And to finish it off, you haven’t played for us, he did, & he scored for us. I would call that one a fact that you haven’t scored more goals than him.

He didn't score a single goal in a competitive match for Falkirk.  That's all that counts. He could've gone on to  play 100 caps for Scotland once he left us  but he was fecking dreadful for us and was a stinking signing by pressley. He was a diddy in a Falkirk top basically.

18 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Christ, is he only 19?! I assumed he was 22-23! Best compliment I could probably pay him.

The only time that sticks in my mind where he was badly exposed was at QotS last week, but that match is naturally gonna be much more fresh in the memory than others. My only real concern about him at the back is that he isn't the quickest, but that's really about it. If you're gonna tightly mark your man, you'd better have the pace to catch up if they spin you.

I'd be interested to see what he could offer in midfield, but he's not budging Hendo or Spencer, is he? 

Maybe the potential for a Vaulks type midfield roll. Whatever roll he matures into he will have a decent career

20 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

St Johnstone was the club I heard but we could be playing them in the championship next season anyway. 

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

St Johnstone was the club I heard but we could be playing them in the championship next season anyway. 

I was speaking to a St Johnstone fan last night. He was saying that he used to enjoy the trips to Falkirk on away days. Careful what you wish for!

I’m happy with Oliver signing. He’s scored a fair few goals for us, link-up play is good, and he’s clearly liked in the dressing room. Stats don’t measure stuff like squad harmony.

If there are still two contracts on the table, I guess excluding the loan players, then that’s what, an intent to retain 14 of the championship winning side? Have to say, I like the way McGlynn is going about his business. He’ll have the last month of the season then entire close season to make the final 6 or 7 signings, unlike many of our opponents. 

21 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I don't think that many Falkirk fans would be surprised to see a club the size of St Johnsone in for Yeats so I'd be a bit surprised if that's who Lewis was talking about on FD

26 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I was speaking to a St Johnstone fan last night. He was saying that he used to enjoy the trips to Falkirk on away days. Careful what you wish for!

Finn has a great engine is able to adapt to a new position quickly and is still a work in progress given his age. Would not be surprised if we saw him going down south

28 minutes ago, StuartA said:

I’m happy with Oliver signing. He’s scored a fair few goals for us, link-up play is good, and he’s clearly liked in the dressing room. Stats don’t measure stuff like squad harmony.

If there are still two contracts on the table, I guess excluding the loan players, then that’s what, an intent to retain 14 of the championship winning side? Have to say, I like the way McGlynn is going about his business. He’ll have the last month of the season then entire close season to make the final 6 or 7 signings, unlike many of our opponents. 

Yeats and Ross would be my bet. I think Ross is out of contract at the end of May at Raith. I think the goalkeeping situation needs addressed in the summer I also think Mackie will be away with McGinn, Hogarth (possibly back up) Lawal, McKay,  and Allan if he can negotiate a deal away. Shanley has probably the remaining games to convince he's worth the year option, but he's not really getting a run of starts so he might be surplus to requirements aswell. 

I think the squad's likely to be a bit bigger next year therefore I believe that McGlynn may well still be looking to add someone to challenge Nesbitt. I would imagine that Oliver's ability to cover different positions was uppermost in McGlynn's mind when the extension was offered. 

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Probably an age thing

I think it’s more a being played out of position thing.

We should definitely be looking at signing a “proper” right back for next season.

23 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Still the sexiest since Lee Miller. 

I disagree, I think Tom is sexier, but I’ll let them fight it out.  As long as I can watch.