The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've scored as many goals for Falkirk as he has . He was hopeless for us and that's all that matters. Pressley should never have been kept on after his dreadful attempt to keep us up. We only needed one win after the split and he couldn't even manage that. Kilmarnock were in freefall yet pressleys record in the run in was horrific. Made his promise that we wouldn't go down even more embarrassing. His signings apart from the odd gem here and there were rotten. He should never have lasted as long as he did.

I said he has done ok, he has had a fairly decent career and still in the top flight.

Apologies don’t realise you played and scored for Falkirk.

39 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I said he has done ok, he has had a fairly decent career and still in the top flight.

Apologies don’t realise you played and scored for Falkirk.

No I said I scored as many goals as he has for Falkirk. I didn't say I'd played and scored for Falkirk at any point.  As I said he was honking for us which is down to pressley after he paid cash for him in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No I said I scored as many goals as he has for Falkirk. I didn't say I'd played and scored for Falkirk at any point.  As I said he was honking for us which is down to pressley after he paid cash for him in the first place.

Ok, I’ll try one more time as I don’t want to bore people even more.

This is what I said that you have disagreed with….

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Not listened to it yet, I enjoyed Presley’s time at us.

Also Jordan White has done ok, wouldn’t say he was a diddy.

I said he ‘has’ done ok, I doubt he’d be plying his trade in the top leagues if he hadn’t. At no point did I say he played well for us during his tenure.

An opinion perhaps, however I would say some basis to it.

And to finish it off, you haven’t played for us, he did, & he scored for us. I would call that one a fact that you haven’t scored more goals than him.

6 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Ok, I’ll try one more time as I don’t want to bore people even more.

This is what I said that you have disagreed with….

I said he ‘has’ done ok, I doubt he’d be plying his trade in the top leagues if he hadn’t. At no point did I say he played well for us during his tenure.

An opinion perhaps, however I would say some basis to it.

And to finish it off, you haven’t played for us, he did, & he scored for us. I would call that one a fact that you haven’t scored more goals than him.

Too late

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Pretty sure that Finn Yeats is weighing up his options before resigning.  Probably on the radar of a few clubs but would be better continuing his career here for a season. Boys got a future i think

Not as a right back though.

Surprised Oliver getting a new deal. Might be falling into the trap that we did last Summer of being too loyal to some who won't make an impact required for a team looking to make at least a play off push.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Surprised Oliver getting a new deal. Might be falling into the trap that we did last Summer of being too loyal to some who won't make an impact required for a team looking to make at least a play off push.

Can’t just sign a first eleven though.

Oliver will continue to do well as a squad player.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can’t just sign a first eleven though.

Oliver will continue to do well as a squad player.

I’d like to have seen a new signing come in to challenge Nesbitt for that number 10 spot, with one of them being on the bench.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d like to have seen a new signing come in to challenge Nesbitt for that number 10 spot, with one of them being on the bench.

Four months to the new season, plenty of time to bring in new signings.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

He's being signed as a squad player who can play in 3(4 at a push) positions in McGlynn's 4-2-3-1 but absolutely we need to improve on the starting 11 this summer.

GK, 10 and ST being the priority.

Do you think you'll make the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's being signed as a squad player who can play in 3(4 at a push) positions in McGlynn's 4-2-3-1 but absolutely we need to improve on the starting 11 this summer.

GK, 10 and ST being the priority.

Do you think you'll make the playoffs?

Right back more important than the 10 for me. Surely not putting all the eggs in the colts boy's basket?

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Right back more important than the 10 for me. Surely not putting all the eggs in the colts boy's basket?

I'm assuming Yeats will eventually sign a new deal and if he does I reckon it will be between him and Adams as to who makes that starting spot their own.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I'm assuming Yeats will eventually sign a new deal and if he does I reckon it will be between him and Adams as to who makes that starting spot their own.

I like Yeats and he's young, but I'd argue he's been our weakest (outfield) consistent starter this season. I think his role should be a midfielder to come off the bench next season.

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I did have Oliver down as a test of how ruthless McGlynn was going to be tbh. But, aye, it does give me ‘out of loyalty’ vibes. As I said, there’s no doubt he’s a talented footballer, but I do think a lot the ‘Gary Goals’ stuff is recency bias covering up the fact he’s played little more than a bit part this season, and when he did play more last season, it was in a team that was ultimately miles off it. He was out of position a lot of that time to be fair.  I just don’t imagine he’d have had many offers in the Championship if we hadn’t kept him, but I may be wrong. Again, I’m not exactly foaming at the mouth about it, but I think we’ll need better next season.