The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Not enough space on the pitch for our fans 😎

Probably not far wrong. Looking forward to renewing our rivalry next season (assuming we stay up)

3 points, we did our bit, and we were a mere 7 minutes away from silverware today, but fuckyou Accies we're gonna win the league (at some point in the next couple of weeks),

10th ❌

9th ❌

8th ❌

7th ❌

6th ❌

5th ❌

4th ❌

3rd ❌

2nd ❔

1st ❔

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Listened to Sportsound on the way back up the road, and wanted to tip the hat to Falkirk fan Craig Cruickshanks who was on the phone-in, and spoke extremely well about John McGlynn and the club's progress over the last 2 years.

Heard that myself on the way to the game too and you are right he did speak very well.

Was actually good for them to have no premier league to talk about for a change.

21 minutes ago, spratte said:

Anyone thinking he isn’t legend status is deluded.

playing on the wing and still netting the goals he has though our turgid years and then this season being instrumental in our best season since the Houston years.

hats off to Cal 

Kevin McAllister is a legend. There is no more fitting description, or worthy recipient of that tag (and probably never will be) Of other players I've seen, I'd be inclined to attach the same status to a certain Trinidadian magician. And, despite his relatively brief time at the club, a certain English one who liked scoring goals from the halfway line and direct from corners (against the same goalkeeper). Older fans will no doubt have players from earlier eras in mind.

Callum Morrison is, on his day, easily our most entertaining player. And our biggest attacking threat. He's had an excellent season. I'll be amazed if he does not win L1 Player of the Year. It's great that he has signed up for the next two years. I'm sure he'll make a decent impact in the Championship next season.

But Callum Morrison is not a legend and I do not consider myself even remotely "deluded" for holding that belief. There is such a thing as context. A bit of perspective from time to time would not go amiss. 

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Kevin McAllister is a legend. There is no more fitting description, or worthy recipient of that tag (and probably never will be) Of other players I've seen, I'd be inclined to attach the same status to a certain Trinidadian magician. And, despite his relatively brief time at the club, a certain English one who liked scoring goals from the halfway line and direct from corners (against the same goalkeeper). Older fans will no doubt have players from earlier eras in mind.

Callum Morrison is, on his day, easily our most entertaining player. And our biggest attacking threat. He's had an excellent season. I'll be amazed if he does not win L1 Player of the Year. It's great that he has signed up for the next two years. I'm sure he'll make a decent impact in the Championship next season.

But Callum Morrison is not a legend and I do not consider myself even remotely "deluded" for holding that belief. There is such a thing as context. A bit of perspective from time to time would not go amiss. 

McAllister's sheer length of service (in several spells obviously) adds to his score. 352 games for us.

Morrison will have played just under 140 times for us by season's end. His sheer number of goals, in a regularly disgusting team, elevates him. If he stays for the next 2 seasons he will be knocking on 200 games, deity of choice willing he stays fit.

It's not long ago Farid would have strolled into a team of legends, yet he is fading from the memories of many, probably because he was only here 1 season for an average team. "Legend" is a subjective term, and not really worth getting into arguments about.

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Tait is contracted to Hibs to end of the 2024-25 season.

But what would it take to prise him away from that club?

An old fashioned transfer fee? No idea how much (50k? 100k?). Don’t think we’d fork out anything like that.

A 2024-25 season long loan? Probably more likely but there will surely be other suitors from the Scottish Championship.

A tricky one as Tait is responding well (again) to the management team of John & Smudger.

I really cant imagine it being more than 50k. Although, I have no idea of transfer fees at this level.

Hibs would be looking to sell which helps.

15 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Kinda get it, but like the Brockville chat... Those of us lucky enough to remember Crunchie and Stainrod can't be gatekeeping that sort of status from the young team coming through who have been watching the likes of Morrison occasionally light up a sea of utter shite, until this season where he has propelled an absolute steamroller of a memorable season, then signed a new deal that should see him take second spot on our all time list. 

A legend is usually a player you watched a long time ago. Callum will be a legend for those lads in the ultras the same way Johnny Graham then Stainrod, Latapy and Crunchie are for this old crusty

Edited by Bigbrbairn

My dad used to talk about Kenny Dawson as being the benchmark for any Falkirk player I watched when I was young, including Kevin McAllister. By all accounts, a magnificent player and one who served Falkirk from 1935 until 1951.

A legend is a legend if a single fan thinks he is. 

I think the word legend needs to be looked at - There’s the trinity of McAllister, Stainrod and Latapy, after that’s there’s a swathe of players who could be deemed legendary in my time supporting Falkirk (1990), right the way through. 

Let’s put it like this, Calum Morrison is a 2020’s legend. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I view a legend as a player that fans will always remember usually for good reason ( Leo Fasan is a legend for all the wrong reasons! ) Callum Morrison will never be forgotten therefore LEGEND!

Nah, I don’t agree with this logic. For example, I just raked my brain and Jack Ross popped in my head. Good, solid player during a decent era, not a legend though.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Listened to Sportsound on the way back up the road, and wanted to tip the hat to Falkirk fan Craig Cruickshanks who was on the phone-in, and spoke extremely well about John McGlynn and the club's progress over the last 2 years.

He summarised how we are all feeling. It’s been a long time coming 🙌

44 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A legend is usually a player you watched a long time ago. Callum will be a legend for those lads in the ultras the same way Johnny Graham then Stainrod, Latapy and Crunchie are for this old crusty

Johnny G, what a player.

3 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Stupid thing to be doing when he’ll be playing for Hamilton soon. 

If Hamilton are still serious about signing our best players they should also be looking at the boy Tait…