The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Pride of place in the caravan.

17171764169432609912888513337094.jpg

20240531_183906.thumb.jpg.6590c1ce1aefdf252b60d51a2665b358.jpg

Makes for a braw mouse mat too. 

Btw, that's the signed Montrose match ball from the 7-1 game. Going to auction it for the lassie that needs to go to Germany for treatment. 

Honestly, folk can wax lyrically all they want in support of a synthetic ban but it all comes down to debunked soundbites about injuries or the ultimate cop-out 'iT's JuSt BeTtER oN gRaSs'

There's no legitimate reason to ban plastic - anyone arguing otherwise can sook my plums.

25 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Just reading Div’s pathetic justification for protectionism, backed by “it’s just my opinion” using the PnB account to post “facts” on social media.  Laughable.  Utterly laughable.

Apologies for using my own account to post my own opinions champ.

Did McGlynn not say a wee while back he preferred grass park and we would look at it in the future albeit that was before our new pitch got laid, also were Accies not talking about a return to grass pitch

Just turning it into a closed shop again, the only selling point they have for that league is the arse cheeks and even at that it's down to religion or glory hunting. It's like the shire before the pyramid structure was put in place can finish dead last but there's no incentive to sign better players etc in fact you wouldn't need to spend a penny just field the worst team you can finish last knowing that no one can get promoted due to you having a grass pitch and the others dont.

21 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Btw, that's the signed Montrose match ball from the 7-1 game. Going to auction it for the lassie that needs to go to Germany for treatment. 

That is brilliant mate and a great gesture on your part 👏👏👏

22 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Brilliant gesture but by Christ where’s the flake in that pint?

PS please post the auction link when available. 

Just now, Rugster said:

🤣🤣🤣 that made me laugh as I’m the same. I’ve got one of they perfectdraft machines and I’m shite at pouring pints, it’s usually 75% froth 25% beer 

Finding the pitch chat utterly depressing so on a more positive note...

If we budgeted for say 3200 season tickets, and we sell (conservatively) 3700 (could be 4000), that's 500 extra at say £250 each meaning an extra £125000 in the player budget. Possibly 3 extra players?

That doesn't include the extra managers money on the season tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a few new players yet. I'd love that money to go to two stonkingly good players that on an already excellent squad might make the difference. The squad is already good so 2 brilliant rather than 3 good players could send out a message, and sell even more STs.

Also wonder if the board might hold some of the extra money for January in case we need to strengthen or have injuries.

While we might lose some patg revenue due to the extra season tickets the additional away fans should more than make up for it.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

lol - glass was straight out the freezer and the Estrella was a bit "lively"

34 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Fantastic gesture. Some things are more important than grass pitches. Really nice touch.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve signed Harry Stone guys. Just saying as I knew there was a bit of chat he was coming to you. 

Just made a bad day worse. f**k off! 

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just made a bad day worse. f**k off! 

Is he decent like? You will have obviously seen him more than us. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is he decent like? You will have obviously seen him more than us. 

We didn't get to see much of him against us as they didn't come out their own half in the games against us but Queens fans gave him a glowing reference. 

Hoping we sign Murray Johnson now but he's probably Airdrie bound.

Edited by FFC 1876

Posted (edited)

Made the mistake of listening to SSB 🤦‍♂️.

Hugh Keevins another who champions any standard of grass purely because it's not Livingston's artificial pitch and top insight from our former player Cammy Bell that training on astro in the winter will be needed because frost won't affect grass on match days 😒

The same tired tropes about advantages and injuries whilst not questioning what minimum grass standards should be 🤬

Edited by Blame Me
Rephrased