The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is he decent like? You will have obviously seen him more than us. 

Given we didnt lose last season it was just a case of keepers that kept their sides in the game really, personally thought Gourlay at Kelty gave a good showing anytime we played them.  

42 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

🤣🤣🤣 that made me laugh as I’m the same. I’ve got one of they perfectdraft machines and I’m shite at pouring pints, it’s usually 75% froth 25% beer 

I have one at the caravan and rinse  the glass out with ice cold water that helps,Lowenbrau is my favourite just now.

45 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Don’t think you’ve read the room well on this one

If we all agreed all the time there would be no need for P&B.

I'll leave the room now!

24 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I have one at the caravan and rinse  the glass out with ice cold water that helps,Lowenbrau is my favourite just now.

I’ll need to try that, I’ve got a Tennents keg in just now but the last one was Mahou and it was really nice.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Jupiler is lovely,do you use the shop at the old Magpie?

Yeah as I can’t be arsed sending my empties back to Beerhawk. I’m going up tomorrow and hopefully they will have some Mahou in.

Jupiler is nice but it’s quite strong, I was nuggets on it one night 🤣

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah as I can’t be arsed sending my empties back to Beerhawk. I’m going up tomorrow and hopefully they will have some Mahou in.

Jupiler is nice but it’s quite strong, I was nuggets on it one night 🤣

If you have the perfect draft app you get beer tokens in shop for money off.

Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

If you have the perfect draft app you get beer tokens in shop for money off.

I do have the app, I was using Jazz’s shop up the Bowhouse but I’m no sure if he’s stocking them anymore or taking the empties back.

Posted (edited)

Sorry to butt in on all the beer chat but thought I’d share the email response I got from MSP Michael Matheson’s office below, confirming a letter was sent to the SPFL on our behalf. Further below, note the mealy mouthed pish which Doncaster replies with. Does Doncaster actually get paid top dollar to draft shite like that and press send? Scottish football is truly led by donkeys.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Mr Matheson regarding this matter. Mr Matheson is supportive of the approach that Falkirk FC and other Clubs have taken forward with the SPFL in opposing the pitch changes.

Mr Matheson understand the financial challenges that changing the artificial pitch to a grass pitch would have on Clubs and the repercussions this would have on wider activities, for example the Falkirk Foundation who have invaluable programmes in the community, including working with vulnerable groups.

Mr Matheson has recently met with both members of the Club’s board and the Foundation, during which they discussed the issue and the potential impact. Mr Matheson has therefore written to the SPFL to highlight the impact of the cost of changing the pitch and also the wider impact this decision will have, particularly at Falkirk FC on the work of their Foundation and the knock-on effect this will have on the provision of programmes for the community. Mr Matheson has also highlighted that Falkirk FC have an exceptionally high-quality artificial pitch.
==================

Mr Matheson received a response from Neil Doncaster, Group Chief Executive of the SPFL, which I detail below:

=================

Dear Ben,

Many thanks for your email below and the attached letter from Mr Matheson regarding the resolution recently requisitioned by a number of Premiership clubs.

If passed, the effect of this resolution will be to phase out the use of artificial pitches in Scotland’s top division by summer 2026. Artificial pitches are not currently permitted by many European leagues (including the English Premier League, the three divisions of the English Football League, and the Dutch Eredivisie).

You may be interested to learn that the SPFL Board recently approved plans for a Premiership-wide project to work with a leading pitch consultancy firm, which is regularly used by UEFA, to improve the standards of grass pitches in the Premiership. The SPFL will be engaging with Premiership clubs on this project ahead of the new season.

As will be apparent from the above, the SPFL is keen to elevate the standards of all pitches in the top tier of Scottish football – which can only be good for the image of the game in this country.

I trust the above is clear and helpful.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Yours sincerely,

Neil

ENDS.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Sorry to butt in on all the beer chat but thought I’d share the email response I got from MSP Michael Matheson’s office below, confirming a letter was sent to the SPFL on our behalf. Further below, note the mealy mouthed pish which Doncaster replies with. Does Doncaster actually get paid top dollar to draft shite like that and press send? Scottish football is truly led by donkeys.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Mr Matheson regarding this matter. Mr Matheson is supportive of the approach that Falkirk FC and other Clubs have taken forward with the SPFL in opposing the pitch changes.

Mr Matheson understand the financial challenges that changing the artificial pitch to a grass pitch would have on Clubs and the repercussions this would have on wider activities, for example the Falkirk Foundation who have invaluable programmes in the community, including working with vulnerable groups.

Mr Matheson has recently met with both members of the Club’s board and the Foundation, during which they discussed the issue and the potential impact. Mr Matheson has therefore written to the SPFL to highlight the impact of the cost of changing the pitch and also the wider impact this decision will have, particularly at Falkirk FC on the work of their Foundation and the knock-on effect this will have on the provision of programmes for the community. Mr Matheson has also highlighted that Falkirk FC have an exceptionally high-quality artificial pitch.
==================

Mr Matheson received a response from Neil Doncaster, Group Chief Executive of the SPFL, which I detail below:

=================

Dear Ben,

Many thanks for your email below and the attached letter from Mr Matheson regarding the resolution recently requisitioned by a number of Premiership clubs.

If passed, the effect of this resolution will be to phase out the use of artificial pitches in Scotland’s top division by summer 2026. Artificial pitches are not currently permitted by many European leagues (including the English Premier League, the three divisions of the English Football League, and the Dutch Eredivisie).

You may be interested to learn that the SPFL Board recently approved plans for a Premiership-wide project to work with a leading pitch consultancy firm, which is regularly used by UEFA, to improve the standards of grass pitches in the Premiership. The SPFL will be engaging with Premiership clubs on this project ahead of the new season.

As will be apparent from the above, the SPFL is keen to elevate the standards of all pitches in the top tier of Scottish football – which can only be good for the image of the game in this country.

Yours sincerely,

Neil

ENDS.

Thanks for this. Really just reaffirming that the vote was done on the hoof and the Project to Improve Surface Standards (PISS) has no standing - exactly when clubs will be literally laying the foundations for the season ahead.

Edited by Blame Me

43 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Good afternoon,

==================

=================

Dear Ben,

Yours sincerely,

Neil

ENDS.

Can’t stress this strongly enough, but f**k NEIL DONCASTER. He has corroded our game more than Roger Mitchell ever did. 

Posted (edited)

Out of curiosity does this in any way affect our fans bank government loan? Was it not based on providing community infrastructure i.e an astro pitch? If we change to grass will that have any knock-on effects? If it does then we will absolutely have solid ground for legal action surely?

Edited by Jimmy1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Picture from a football coaching academy up north shared just a few days ago.

Ethan Ross head to toe in Falkirk gear, come home Ethan.

IMG_8594.jpeg

Probably in a small minority, but I wouldn't be in a rush to bring Ross back. I quite liked him, he was direct and always willing to commit his opponent when he came off the bench, and he scored a cracking goal against Formatine in the cup, but I always felt there was a bit more style over substance about him. Whilst I would not be gutted if he returned, neither would I be pushing the boat out in any way, shape or form. There are one or two other wide players currently available who i would like to see come in, and every squad, irrespective of how well they have done the previous season, benefits from a degree of freshness.

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

Good afternoon,

==================

=================

Dear Ben,

Yours sincerely,

Neil

ENDS.

Presume mathesom will now deem his job to have been done. He asks What's being done to help clubs like Falkirk in the championship who will now need to spend money on ripping up a perfectly good pitch and replacing it. Doncaster replies we're bringing in pitch consultants to improve the pitches in the top flight. How the feck does that explain anything. If anything highlights that this is for protectionist purposes only it's this ludicrous reply summing up the we're all right jack behaviour of the top 12 and that's all that matters.

Nothing surprises me though from someone who couldn't run a prayer in a bloody mosque.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve signed Harry Stone guys. Just saying as I knew there was a bit of chat he was coming to you. 

Don’t know much about him tbh. Can’t really judge on last season as we scored a lot of goals past every goalkeeper in the league and if I’m being honest none of them really stood out when I watched them.

That’s not to say he won’t be a good signing for Ayr btw.

Are you throwing quite a bit of cash at an attempt at promotion next season ?