The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The bridge is no longer happening btw as the council have shat it. Will just be traffic lights for pedestrian crossings with nothing proposed outside the stadium entrance. So will be the same chaos as now, but over 4 lanes instead of two. You've got to love roads engineers and the council and their total incompetence 

Wasn't the crossing the whole point of the project in the first place? To help all the footfall over to the kelpies & helix or when the masses are attending the Falkirk stadium.

31 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't the crossing the whole point of the project in the first place? To help all the footfall over to the kelpies & helix or when the masses are attending the Falkirk stadium.

Never doubt a council’s ability to spunk money up the wall on a project that doesn’t achieve its goals 

On 31/05/2024 at 12:01, The Holiday Song said:

Genuine question (as I can't read full article): do they go into any more detail about why only choosing teams with 2 seasons of grass and then 2 season astro are included, and if that is a suitable measure? I can why they are doing that but I'm wondering if there are limitations to that approach (and if so, how big).

To give a direct comparison of how the team performed on both types of grass. 

On 31/05/2024 at 14:34, Arab_R_us said:

some would say its giving you an unfair advantage over a similar size team like Dunfermline, who have to shell out for a training ground and dont get the income from renting out their stadium.  not sure about the pitch maintenance costs but i would have thought grass more expensive ?

So you in turn have extra money to go towards the playing staff ?    

The scum train in a public park

On 31/05/2024 at 19:12, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve signed Harry Stone guys. Just saying as I knew there was a bit of chat he was coming to you. 

Jambo barsteward. You’re welcome to him.

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Exactly. Especially as crowds of people attending both are predicted to rise significantly over the next couple of decades, along with volumes of traffic.

Who would have thought taking years to wade through their own bureaucracy and Planning Policy red tape would have added £9m to the cost of the works, rendering it 'unaffordable' 

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We are taking abuse already on the Championship GTF thread, it would appear we are not going to receive a warm welcome 🤣

Not used to having invincibles amongst them.

Welcome......

I'm telling you all now, Dunfermline Athletic will take maximum points off you lot this season.

That guy McGlynn will revert to shoulder shrugging and a stuttering mess in his post match interviews after being jumped by the Pars. Mark my words.

2 minutes ago, North West said:

Welcome......

I'm telling you all now, Dunfermline Athletic will take maximum points off you lot this season.

That guy McGlynn will revert to shoulder shrugging and a stuttering mess in his post match interviews after being jumped by the Pars. Mark my words.

Bored yawn GIF on GIFER - by Fekazahn

3 minutes ago, North West said:

Welcome......

Is your ‘username’ is named after the Dunfermline ‘fan group’ that gave the disabled Raith fan a hammering and put the video online ?

If your name is ‘North West’ in that respect then can you kindly leave this thread please - we don’t want people who are thugs or associated with thugs on here.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is your ‘username’ is named after the Dunfermline ‘fan group’ that gave the disabled Raith fan a hammering and put the video online ?

If your name is ‘North West’ in that respect then can you kindly leave this thread please - we don’t want people who are thugs or associated with thugs on here.

What a silly post.

My username is named after the part of our illustrious stadium I've stood and sat in all my days of supporting the fantastic DA. I have no affiliation to any thugs of any sort, but, I did see the videos of your fans creating a mess in our historic town centre. Friends of yours perhaps?

11 minutes ago, North West said:

Welcome......

BF5AA3C1-8FD6-4F2C-8149-793007F7C767.jpeg

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, North West said:

What a silly post.

My username is named after the part of our illustrious stadium I've stood and sat in all my days of supporting the fantastic DA. I have no affiliation to any thugs of any sort, but, I did see the videos of your fans creating a mess in our historic town centre. Friends of yours perhaps?

That’s fine - just checking.

All fan bases have fanny’s in them - just thought the acts of the North West Ultras that night was particularly low.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

15 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Never doubt a council’s ability to spunk money up the wall on a project that doesn’t achieve its goals 

Good example being the Callender Riggs and Callender Square Shopping Centres unwanted and unused carbuncles but true to form they carried on regardless.