The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we'll be 3rd or 4th. Raith will finish above us and probably two from Partick, Livingston & Dunfermline. 

Big spenders Hamilton and Ayr best of the rest. Queens Park and Airdrie scrabbling to avoid 9th. Morten down. 

7 hours ago, North West said:

Welcome......

I'm telling you all now, Dunfermline Athletic will take maximum points off you lot this season.

That guy McGlynn will revert to shoulder shrugging and a stuttering mess in his post match interviews after being jumped by the Pars. Mark my words.

Bookmark this fucking clown 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think we'll be 3rd or 4th. Raith will finish above us and probably two from Partick, Livingston & Dunfermline. 

Big spenders Hamilton and Ayr best of the rest. Queens Park and Airdrie scrabbling to avoid 9th. Morten down. 

On what evidence are Airdrie going to be scrabbling to avoid 9th? Absolute nonsense, you have been in the seaside league for years and you think you will be 3rd or 4th ? We made 4th last year and you think we will drop 5 places? I have missed this big time FFC patter !

6 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

We made 4th last year and you think we will drop 5 places? 

Not saying it will happen to you but we made 3rd the year before and managed it 😜

16 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

On what evidence are Airdrie going to be scrabbling to avoid 9th? Absolute nonsense, you have been in the seaside league for years and you think you will be 3rd or 4th ? We made 4th last year and you think we will drop 5 places? I have missed this big time FFC patter !

To be fair I think it’s going to be possible for any team to be scrambling about 9th. 

Going to be a difficult league to call, however, I do think we’ll see at least one team drastically underperform and find themselves bottom early on. I just hope it’s not us

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Finish above Partick and you will win the league. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Was it not hinted that we will budget for eight place, anything else a bonus.

At a recent Bairns business club event Jamie Swinney spoke to everyone in attendance & estimated our budget would be around 4th or 5th highest out of the 10 for the season ahead. 

46 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

At a recent Bairns business club event Jamie Swinney spoke to everyone in attendance & estimated our budget would be around 4th or 5th highest out of the 10 for the season ahead. 

Thanks for the update 

57 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

So Raith with their dodgy backers, Livingston with prize money and parachute payment, Queens with SFA cash and Hamilton with wealthy owners. Must have bigger budgets than the minks Airdrie, Dunfermline and Morton. Not sure about Partick and Ayr although they seem to have cash to burn

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would assume two would definitely be Livi and Raith. Beyond that it's hard to tell. QP are obviously bank rolled heavily. Rumour is that Ayr will have a significant budget this year. Don't think Thistle will have an overly massive budget. Ditto the Pars. Hamilton are always a wild card financially. Ourselves and Morton definitely down the bottom end budget wise.

1 hour ago, airdrieoldboy said:

We nearly won the league on our first year in the Championship after going up, then came very close to 9th this past season after looking like bankers for automatic relegation for a long time. I think Airdrie will be fine but there are no guarantees in this division.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Genuinely curious about how your board knows what 9 other clubs' budget will be? I know you said it was an estimate, but that sounds more like wild guesswork to me.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Passionate said:

Welcome back, after serving your time..

What are your expectations for this season,  is it the normal happy with 8th place or go for it with the possibility of promotion it looks pretty open this season and. Should be a cracker..

Hopefully we will finish comfortably in mid table and with bit luck possibly edging into the playoffs.

Only thing that is certain for next season is Hamilton will have the best squad in the championship.

Edited by grumpyoldman

1 hour ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Don't think it's personal beyond estimating finances which at this time is all we can go on prediction wise. No doubt you overperformed based on budget as a result of some clearly excellent management and team building by McCabe but it's hard to say how long that continues. Based on guesses at the minute but it does look like you and Morton will have the lowest finances so before any recruitment has happened that is all it can be based on. 

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Genuinely curious about how your board knows what 9 other clubs' budget will be? I know you said it was an estimate, but that sounds more like wild guesswork to me.

We knew where we were last year (3rd biggest budget in league one) because of boards speaking to each other about it I believe so I assume it's the same thing.

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

We knew where we were last year (3rd biggest budget in league one) because of boards speaking to each other about it I believe so I assume it's the same thing.

Interesting. The people running Queen's Park don't tell us anything, so I'd be surprised if they were sharing that sort of info with other clubs, but they probably just don't deem us fans worthy enough to care about!