The Falkirk FC Thread

Raith have speculated to accumulate tbf:

Average attendance up by 2,000 last season which will make them £500k

2nd place prize money over finishing 5th or 6th in the league is another £300k

Plus a share of 2 x 6k+ crowds for their play off games, maybe another £100k 

Obviously the cocaine money is temporary whereas the navy blue pound is permanent, but Raith should be in a position to challenge for promotion for a good few years if they don't go up 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Obviously the cocaine money is temporary whereas the navy blue pound is permanent, but Raith should be in a position to challenge for promotion for a good few years if they don't go up 

Most of the cash from the playoff games goes to the spfl to fund parachute payments. The clubs don't get very much at all.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Most of the cash from the playoff games goes to the spfl to fund parachute payments. The clubs don't get very much at all.

It's half the takings minus 15% to cover costs, plus PPV which I've already factored in to that figure. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's half the takings minus 15% to cover costs, plus PPV which I've already factored in to that figure. 

You've neglected the increase in conservatory sales those playoff games will have brought across Fife.

Around 50g+ a week increase on normal sales.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

People seem to be forgetting that Stevenson will be 37 this season and Hanlon will be 35. Age catches up with even the best players. Injuries and minutes take their toll so much more than they did previously 

A fine case in point would be Steven McGinn, who was 33 when we signed him and looked absolute quality for the first 6 months or so. By the time he finished at 35 he had regressed significantly 

Obviously these players in their prime, or even early 30s would waltz into our team but I'm not convinced they are at that level anymore 

The caveat to the McGinn argument is that we ran him into the ground playing him constantly for the first 6 months until he literally broke down. Watching him play at the start of this past season with painkilling injections was difficult to watch as you could see he was massively hampered by injury 

37 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Obviously the cocaine money is temporary

That's just our rainy day fund. I'd imagine the bulk of our cash is coming from lifelong Rovers fan Colin Smart, who sold his care home business for £40 million, and joined our board in June 22.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Cocaine money?

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Don't forget the pie money....

On the Hanlon and Stevenson debate..... Hanlon will be better at CH than either Watson, Brown or Corr and Stevenson will be better at left back than Liam Dick. Having decent centre half cover also means we can play one of our best midfielders in his actual position rather than losing him from the midfield and also weakening the defence. 

An obvious couple of weak points in our team for last season has been significantly strengthened within a couple of weeks of our seasons end..... and I'm pretty chuffed with that.

Is it nearly time for the annual check-in on the Paul Hartley Sleeve Tattoo cohort of superstars of English football?

I'm assuming they're all still racking up Champion's League medals. 

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Is it nearly time for the annual check-in on the Paul Hartley Sleeve Tattoo cohort of superstars of English football?

One year surely he will find a diamond in the mud!

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I've only included the dross Hartley signed from down south. Amazingly a couple of them have made it to a decent level 

Tom Dallison - Colchester United (League 2)

Patrick Brough - Northampton Town (League 1)

Dennon Lewis - Woking (National League, 5th tier)

Ruben Sammut - Last at Dulwich Hamlet (8th tier), retired from football age 23 and is now working in recruitment for Charlton Athletic 

Dan Turner - Brackley Town (National League North, 6th tier)

Scott Harrison - Last at Spennymoor Town (National League North, 6th tier) , retired from football age 25 

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (National League South, 6th tier)

Rees Greenwood - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (Northern League Division 2, 10th tier)

Paul Paton - Glenafton Athletic (West of Scotland League, 6th tier)

What was the trialist striker called from that Killie Kevin Mcallister friendly, it was a double barrelled name. Was from the southampton academy or someone else down south.

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I've only included the dross Hartley signed from down south. Amazingly a couple of them have made it to a decent level 

Tom Dallison - Colchester United (League 2)

Patrick Brough - Northampton Town (League 1)

Dennon Lewis - Woking (National League, 5th tier)

Ruben Sammut - Last at Dulwich Hamlet (8th tier), retired from football age 23 and is now working in recruitment for Charlton Athletic 

Dan Turner - Brackley Town (National League North, 6th tier)

Scott Harrison - Last at Spennymoor Town (National League North, 6th tier) , retired from football age 25 

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (National League South, 6th tier)

Rees Greenwood - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (Northern League Division 2, 10th tier)

Paul Paton - Glenafton Athletic (West of Scotland League, 6th tier)

I liked Brough and was the only one of that useless shower that I would have kept. Bit slow but there was a player there and he tried.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What was the trialist striker called from that Killie Kevin Mcallister friendly, it was a double barrelled name. Was from the southampton academy or someone else down south.

Benni Smales Braithwaite. He was named in a Falkirk Herald article. 

Benni Smalles-Braithwaite (5) .jpg

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Dennon Lewis. If you want a yardstick of how far the club has come, compare his time with us to now. 

Livingston's took a punt on one of his Woking teamates this summer.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I liked Brough and was the only one of that useless shower that I would have kept. Bit slow but there was a player there and he tried.

I agree, I didn’t think Brough was that bad but he was dragged down by the shite around him. He could have done a job in a decent side.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Livingston's took a punt on one of his Woking teamates this summer.

They have signed a few from all over the place. Only ones I know of are Muirhead and Smith and to a lesser extent McAlear the rest all seem to be unknowns. They could be decent or a pile of shit