The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Don't underestimate the value of a settled team, used to winning and familiar with the style and tactics wanted by the manager.  Might take time for the teams making revamps to gel. 

Fair comment but every team, even champions / league winning teams, needs new players. Not a major revamp, just a new face or two.

Stand still and you go backwards.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fair comment but every team, even champions / league winning teams, needs new players. Not a major revamp, just a new face or two.

Stand still and you go backwards.

we have 2 new faces and signed 2 players who were on loan last season, one of which only joined in january, half way through the season.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Agreed, however, the dilemma for Allan is, would he be happy with potentially no game time at all? Having played one up front for the whole of a L1 season, I don't see McGlynn changing that in the Championship. As it stands, it looks to me that, because we have Shanley, who McGlynn preferred to Allan, it's likely that the latter will be the guy naturally left out of the squad each week. That would obviously change with the inevitable injuries and suspensions, but even so...

We have all seen it over the years. It just ain't working on the pitch so its not only a change of player its a change of formation. McGlynn will have bounce gamed these formations and think we will see a bit more of that tactic this season.

Hope to see a couple of loan players coming soon so dependent on that Allen may be put on loan. 

3 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Here you go - it’s at the printers now so preorder now  - the more we pre order the more we can print and the more profit goes to the club ( obviously) 

This has been done for free by all the people involved  to make the club money so please support  especial thanks to Ian Sneddon ( pics) and Andy Jamieson (design).

FALKIRK CHAMPIONS BOOK 2024 SOCIAL BANNER_v1.jpeg

falkirk untouchables book 2024_book inside 2.jpeg

falkirk untouchables book 2024_book inside 4.jpeg

Just pre-ordered 🤩 Looks outstanding and fair play to all involved in the making of it. We have done very well in retail and marketing of the invincible products. Bring on the start of the league campaign 👌

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Don't underestimate the value of a settled team, used to winning and familiar with the style and tactics wanted by the manager.  Might take time for the teams making revamps to gel. 

I think we may get off to a bit of a flyer. Then those teams will, as you say, gel and start to work us out. That's when it will get a bit tricky. 

Or, more Falkirk like, we'll get humped first game of the season and the whole season is a struggle from then on in!

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hope to see a couple of loan players coming soon so dependent on that Allen may be put on loan. 

The only loan options potentially available to us will be where the parent club are happy to cover the full wage of the player for the duration of the loan period. Despite incredible backing from the support, McGlynn's interview in the FH two weeks ago made it crystal clear that there is no money whatsoever to do anything.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

How’s the sizing on the O’Neill’s gear?

Fairly true to size or wee/big?

I found it similar to puma. I got a large top and while it's slightly bigger there's not much in it. It depends if you prefer a neater fit or looser, O'Neills is definitely looser. 

55 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

The only loan options potentially available to us will be where the parent club are happy to cover the full wage of the player for the duration of the loan period. Despite incredible backing from the support, McGlynn's interview in the FH two weeks ago made it crystal clear that there is no money whatsoever to do anything.

Don’t think that will be the case at all, we will almost definitely still see players in and out IMO. We may put players out on loan ourselves or move players on completely which frees up wages to be spent elsewhere, we may come through our league cup group which is worth an un budgeted for 50k, we may sell more season tickets / get more FFS sign ups ect ect.  Mcglynn said this time last year he’d spent all his budget yet we still signed another two players before the transfer window closed so despite actually being quite happy with our current squad I’m 99% certain we will still see players both in and out before the transfer window shuts.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t think that will be the case at all, we will almost definitely still see players in and out IMO. We may put players out on loan ourselves or move players on completely which frees up wages to be spent elsewhere, we may come through our league cup group which is worth an un budgeted for 50k, we may sell more season tickets / get more FFS sign ups ect ect.  Mcglynn said this time last year he’d spent all his budget yet we still signed another two players before the transfer window closed so despite actually being quite happy with our current squad I’m 99% certain we will still see players both in and out before the transfer window shuts.  

Other than Jordan Allan, I don't see much too scope in the current squad for moving players out. There's two or three I would not be adverse to seeing move on if it allowed us to inject some freshness into the squad, but realistically, he's the only one - certainly in terms of the senior players - I can see going out the door any time soon.

As you rightly say, something could yet turn up to change the situation but as of right now, I don't see anyone coming in. I hoped we might have been able to bring in a bit of proven Championship experience, and certainly believe we would have been an attractive enough proposition this summer for plenty of players of that calibre,, but we clearly do not have the financial wherewithal to do so. Just the way it is unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Other than Jordan Allan, I don't see much too scope in the current squad for moving players out. There's two or three I would not be adverse to seeing move on if it allowed us to inject some freshness into the squad, but realistically, he's the only one - certainly in terms of the senior players - I can see going out the door any time soon.

As you rightly say, something could yet turn up to change the situation but as of right now, I don't see anyone coming in. I hoped we might have been able to bring in a bit of proven Championship experience, and certainly believe we would have been an attractive enough proposition this summer for plenty of players of that calibre,, but we clearly do not have the financial wherewithal to do so. Just the way it is unfortunately.

As was the case this time last season the situation is not as ridgid as you are trying to portray and there will more than likely still be movement both in and out before before the transfer window closes however regardless of that its all about choices and the manager has chosen to spend his budget on the players he has brought in or re-singed so far,  given his record in the transfer market I’ve absolute faith those choices he has made will be proven the correct ones. Every club has a finite budget, when it’s spent it’s spent there is no bottomless pit of money for anybody in this division so I don’t see that as being “unfortunate” but just a blindingly obvious fact of life. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.