The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Other than Jordan Allan, I don't see much too scope in the current squad for moving players out. There's two or three I would not be adverse to seeing move on if it allowed us to inject some freshness into the squad, but realistically, he's the only one - certainly in terms of the senior players - I can see going out the door any time soon.

As you rightly say, something could yet turn up to change the situation but as of right now, I don't see anyone coming in. I hoped we might have been able to bring in a bit of proven Championship experience, and certainly believe we would have been an attractive enough proposition this summer for plenty of players of that calibre,, but we clearly do not have the financial wherewithal to do so. Just the way it is unfortunately.

I'd be frankly amazed if we didn't have a single player on loan this season it just doesn't happen these days. Every team makes use of the loan market one way or another.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ah I like that. I’d have liked the numbers on the back to also be gold for it to be complete, but that’s me nitpicking.

I presume that's not allowed and was why the champions tops they wore on the last game of the season had white numbering too.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I presume that's not allowed and was why the champions tops they wore on the last game of the season had white numbering too.

I can answer this 😂.

We asked Chris McGill and he said for the gold numbering/lettering the minimum orders were HUGE and not worth it (for the season, let alone one game). They even approached Aberdeen prior to the last game about using surplus stock but they didn’t have enough left to help. 

1 hour ago, Super Simon said:

I hoped we might have been able to bring in a bit of proven Championship experience, and certainly believe we would have been an attractive enough proposition this summer for plenty of players of that calibre

Sneddon and McKenna, on top of the several others who have also played there or higher - Lang, Donaldson, Mackie, Miller, Nesbitt, Oliver, Ross,  Spencer, Henderson, Maciver. Yeah more would always be nice but our budget is our budget and we have some pretty seasoned players there, as well as exciting youngsters. 

3 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

I wish we would use a red and white combo for our away strip. A  rip off  of either Ajax, Arsenal, Monaco or Atletico Madrid would be perfect. Would prefer Atletico with navy blue shorts. 

I get what you mean but there is white on the top and I reckon there will be occasions where we'll wear the white home shorts with the red away top