The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m going to assume the people saying they want Rudden are remembering that hat he was like with us and not what he’s been like lately. He doesn’t really look the same player and even though he works hard it wouldn’t be a signing I’d be overly impressed with

He'd be better than what we have I reckon. Might not have looked great last year but still a good player. Can't be older than 25 too. 

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

He'd be better than what we have I reckon. Might not have looked great last year but still a good player. Can't be older than 25 too. 

I’d rather have McIvor to be honest, can’t see Rudden displacing him. Zack Rudden has been pretty poor for a good few seasons now. Speaks volumes reading the other threads that neither the Raith or the Partick fans want him back having been linked to him. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, BPM said:

I know everyone thinks we are thin on the ground in terms of numbers. We have 21 of a first team squad ?

Raith have 22 looking at this so maybe we are not a tight as some think? 

IMG_8057.jpeg

If you are correct (I 100% hope you are) and McCann, Donaldson and Lang will be fit for the start of the league season then 100% we are absolutely fine bar perhaps a striker on loan.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If you are correct (I 100% hope you are) and McCann, Donaldson and Lang will be fit for the start of the league season then 100% we are absolutely fine bar perhaps a striker on loan.

I have no idea if they will be fit or not TBH. I think McCann will be and the noise is that Lang is only a setback. Donaldson is a worry for me. 

4 minutes ago, BPM said:

I have no idea if they will be fit or not TBH. I think McCann will be and the noise is that Lang is only a setback. Donaldson is a worry for me. 

Ah ok. I’ve misread you pal. I thought you’d said we were going into the season with a squad of 21 all fit.

McCann will be fit btw. For league start I mean.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Disagree completely and always will. This points get raised time and time again and it's as wrong now as it always has been. 

"WE" do not spend the budget. The manager does. The board appoint the manager, give him what they can afford and if he spends it badly he gets sacked. If he spends it well he might get a new contract, as McGlynn did. 

Six years ago after a terrible summer of recruitment from Paul Hartley the hot topic on this messageboard was "oversight". The topic was raised repeatedly by an individual who no longer seems to post. All he wanted to do was find fault with every decision made by the club because it furthered attacks on a particular board he had issues with. Some of the the conspiracy theories he and his mates came up with were unbelievable. 

That "oversight" topic and subsequent relegation was largely responsible for the recruitment of Gary Holt. We all know how well that went. 

Boards, CEOs, etc have nothing to do with how the budget is spent. Their roles are to provide the budget and make a judgement call on when to bin the manager if he's failing to deliver on the park. 

No questions should be asked of anyone other than the manager. 

I also disagree with the implication that failing to reach the playoffs could be seen as failure. Particularly if we get close and then get hit with injuries or a run of bad refereeing decisions. I'd like us to be top four but I'd settle for consolidation if necessary. 

I meant 'we' as in FFC - of course the manager is responsible for recruitment as should be the case.  The board should only get involved if the manager wants to do something incredibly stupid with that budget.  

Was meaning that time will tell whether our (McGlynns) use of the budget has turned out to be exemplary or whether there's been a few mistakes.  The actual amount that he's had is probably not to far off some teams and a bit more than others.  

Hogarth

Yeats - Adams - Henderson - Mackie

Spencer - Tait

Agyemang - Nesbitt - Miller

Shanley

Subs: Sneddon, Honeyman, Oliver, Ross, MacIver, Allan, Morrison, McKenna, Walker

For tomorrow IMO

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I meant 'we' as in FFC - of course the manager is responsible for recruitment as should be the case.  The board should only get involved if the manager wants to do something incredibly stupid with that budget.  

Was meaning that time will tell whether our (McGlynns) use of the budget has turned out to be exemplary or whether there's been a few mistakes.  The actual amount that he's had is probably not to far off some teams and a bit more than others.  

Fair enough. The only observation I'd make then is that most people appear to be happy with what he's done, as ironically at the time were most posters with Hartley. It's easy to criticise with the benefit of hindsight. 

The only objections appear to be the recruitment of squad players like Oliver, Shanley and perhaps Mackie, but I'd suggest that every squad needs players who're willing to sit on a bench and con contribute something when called upon. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Why?

He’s got the attributes but lacks a bit of direction, he reminds me a wee bit of Gregory Tade in that he’s a bit of a loose cannon on the park. The sort of player McGlynn should be able to get the best out of, which if he can is more than good enough for this league.

5 hours ago, BPM said:

I know everyone thinks we are thin on the ground in terms of numbers. We have 21 of a first team squad ?

Raith have 22 looking at this so maybe we are not a tight as some think? 

IMG_8057.jpeg

Murray was in the press today saying he feels we're about 3 bodies short. Hannah and Nicholson will be fringe players. 

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Murray was in the press today saying he feels we're about 3 bodies short. Hannah and Nicholson will be fringe players. 

I don’t know why fans in this league panic about squad size around about this time of the year, there’s always a lull in teams signing players which will pick up in the second half of August as players who haven’t yet signed for a club start making decisions and the loan market kicks in. It happens every season.

Edited by Enigma

In agent terms we’re still very much in the middle of pre season, I would be absolutely stunned if we don’t make 2 possibly 3 loan signings before the close of summer window. 

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

In agent terms we’re still very much in the middle of pre season, I would be absolutely stunned if we don’t make 2 possibly 3 loan signings before the close of summer window. 

I think it will be two in with Jordan Allan going the opposite direction. 

Rudden coming back would be a big no for me. Looks like he’s going to Queens Park to replace the outgoing Paton which definitely weakens them IMO.

I also think it’s a given that there will be more movement in our squad before the window closes.