The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

We were very good today, didn't have a failure. I thought Nesbitt started quietly but came on to a game and was excellent 2nd half. Mackie looked a wee bit ropey at times but was good overall. Hogarth's kicking is a concern.

You would have thought that Adams and Henderson had been playing together for years, both were brilliant and Adams looks a real find.

People have said for years we should be scouting the juniors. From what is reported re Adams they are not wrong. Now what about guarding the post?

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Edit to add - a crowd of 3,300 odd at £15 average a pop (not including other purchases) would swell the potential loan market coffers by £50K! Assuming none of this goes to United? Also gives us a superb chance of gettimng through to the next round out of the group and even more cash.

I wish. Take off VAT, bear in mind concessions, and lop-off security expenses of a few grand. Then it’s halfers I think. Lucky to make five figures. More important is the chance it gives us to win the group, which is lucrative. 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You guys look a stick on to win the group now. Maybe rest a few/lot for Tuesday night? Serious question, who would you rather win 12 points against - Morten or Dunfermline?

Dunfermline. It's not a conversation.

Don't mind settling for ten v Morton

Edited by Bairnardo

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunfermline. It's not a conversation.

Don't mind settling for ten v Morton

I suppose it doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. Santa is an Ayr fan, I could have a word. Tuesday depending……

May I flex that I sponsored Adams away shirt this week after seeing him in the friendlies. Clearly a future investment when he plays for Man City..

We were dominant in all parts of the park today. We should win this mini league now. I doubt we need any particular loan players - our subs are strong (although I do have doubts of Oliver but SHsndley did ok for the minutes he had). I thought the difference today was a team that play as a team whereas the bigger and stronger Arabs didn;t know each other. And Tony Watts is a whale who has been missing his Weight Watcher classes. 

9 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I suppose it doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive. Santa is an Ayr fan, I could have a word. Tuesday depending……

Going by today's results pumping Morton will be far easier achievement.

11 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

May I flex that I sponsored Adams away shirt this week after seeing him in the friendlies. Clearly a future investment when he plays for Man City..

We were dominant in all parts of the park today. We should win this mini league now. I doubt we need any particular loan players - our subs are strong (although I do have doubts of Oliver but SHsndley did ok for the minutes he had). I thought the difference today was a team that play as a team whereas the bigger and stronger Arabs didn;t know each other. And Tony Watts is a whale who has been missing his Weight Watcher classes. 

I agree regarding Shanley, thought he looked decent when he came on today. I think Keelan should be thinking Madrid not Manchester 🤣

Not a bad performance from a single player today including the subs.

What a find adams looks so far, reminded me of when Darren Barr broke through, read the game so well and must’ve had several interceptions but while doing so kept the ball in play.

42 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

People have said for years we should be scouting the juniors. From what is reported re Adams they are not wrong. Now what about guarding the post?

Bairn Ex Juniors Brian Irvine, Roddy Manley, Crawford Baptie, Kevin McAllister, Peter Godfrey.

Not a bad haul 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Apparently the pie stalls were deserted today. Hopefully the ridiculous prices will be getting reviewed 

Boycott the kiosks, they’ll soon get the message, robbing b******s

What a team performance. From back to front, passing, creativity and vision in the second 45 is up there.

To many players to mention but Adams was simply sensational for his minutes at this level. Absolutely strolled it against two arguably three players I thought would have rolled him over. 
Less worried now about our main two CBs out, and if tbt, if Hendo & Adams continue to perform like today, McGlynn will have a difficult call, once our CB main stream guys are back fit.

Dont really dislike many managers in Scotland, however getting one over that cretin of a guy is always pleasurable. ( Nisbett must have clocked up three marathons today)

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Dont really dislike many managers in Scotland, however getting one over that cretin of a guy is always pleasurable. ( Nisbett Nesbitt must have clocked up three marathons today)

FTFY Bud! 👍