The Falkirk FC Thread

My biggest flaw from that team is people still not realising Leahy isn't a left back.

2 full seasons of watching him there and folk are content to let him get on with it.

Exactly how many goals down our left side have we to lose before the penny drops

Who does he have playing in front of him?

Gone from being indifferent to Alston leaving to really disappointed after his last 4/5 months. I'd go as far to say he's been our most important player the second half of the season.

Aye I'm pretty much on board with this. Although he was murder in the playoffs.

My biggest flaw from that team is people still not realising Leahy isn't a left back.

2 full seasons of watching him there and folk are content to let him get on with it.

Exactly how many goals down our left side have we to lose before the penny drops

Leahy was our only player to play in every league game this season. He has been named in the SPFL team of the season. He's excellent and improving all the time.

Problems on the left are increased by the fact that sibbald isnt a great defender either. Thats not his game. We need a better balance on that side.

Sibbald isn't a wide midfielder. Alston leaving might end up being a blessing in disguise if we get Sibbs through the middle.

Keeper

Proper RB who can get forward ala Leahy

Grant

Watson

Leahy

Vaulks (right of a narrow three)

Kerr

Taiwo (left of a narrow three)

Sibbald (through the middle)

Baird

McHugh

Width from the full backs. Kerr sitting covering. Vaulks and Taiwo box to box. Baird and McHugh working the channels.

Good player for us but if we're at the stage that Blair Alston is irreplaceable we'd be as well giving up.

Frees up a space for next season and someone else will step in. Hopefully they won't run the ball out of play with 80% of their touches for their first four and a half years with us.

Alston had some brilliant individual moments but he sleepwalks his way through too many games. Decent enough player but fairly replaceable. Sad that he left for free right enough. Wish him well at saints though as he seems like a good guy and quite right that he wants to test himself in a higher league.

Good player for us but if we're at the stage that Blair Alston is irreplaceable we'd be as well giving up.

Frees up a space for next season and someone else will step in. Hopefully they won't run the ball out of play with 80% of their touches for their first four and a half years with us.

Well, that's just nonsense and totally unfair.

Blair was one of those players who was pretty good technically but was never going to be the main man in the team. I've seen a lot more good than bad things from him though and I think he was maturing into a very important player. I think St Johnstone may well see the best of him.