The Falkirk FC Thread

More STs = bigger crowds though. The walk ups dont directly reduce in correlation. 1000 extra STs sold but home crowds will also be up at least 500 I reckon. 

I'm sure on the previous podcast JS said we'd budgeted for 3,300-3,400 so to be 500 above that is great. Has probably gone a long way to the uplift in budget and make a break even target achievable 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Really interesting stuff on the budgets. I'm assuming that uplift is swallowed up by the enhanced deals offered to the likes of Morrison.

I may be in the minority but I think our squad is absolutely fine barring a bizarre set of injuries. I don't think we need anyone else before Jan. And I think we'll be top 4 with the current squad.

It seems that the uplift in season tickets has already been taken into account. JS said running purely on break even initially when they were planning would have been around 6% increase in budget. But that has been stretched to a 22% increase to allow for the contract extensions we made. Looks like that is where the ST money has been eaten up, alongside the manager fund STs. That allows us to reach just short of a break even budget.

Then it seems like exiting the group stages has brought us back up to break even for the season but potentially if we get good gate receipts and maybe a TV pick might give us enough for another signing although unlikely given the tie we have got unfortunately. 

A very sensible, conservative approach that protects the financial security of the club going forward. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Great podcast and a good appraisal from our CEO. Must admit thought the deficit would have been a bit less, but guessing our signings (including Morrison) and keeping the squad intact didn’t come cheap. 

There isnt a deficit. They are budgeting break even 

Edited by BPM

Just now, StuartA said:

The fact we’re putting together a competitive squad on a break-even budget just two seasons after the £1m loss is pretty remarkable.  

I imagine the FSS contribution has allowed us to budget for 5th, otherwise we would be looking at a budget aiming for 6th/7th

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

I imagine the FSS contribution has allowed us to budget for 5th, otherwise we would be looking at a budget aiming for 6th/7th

Imagine if another 1000 signed up? 

Just now, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I have said for 2 years now that out top numbers are c. 1000 in the championship - that is based on research by Dave M of other teams. The club needs to realise that.

I tend to agree with 1000-1200 will be as far as we will get to. my point is simply if 50% of the ST’s joined where would the budget be?

48 minutes ago, StuartA said:

The fact we’re putting together a competitive squad on a break-even budget just two seasons after the £1m loss is pretty remarkable.  

As someone who’s not well versed in the finances of football, can I ask why we lost £1m two seasons ago? Did we spend big to try and get promoted but failed? Or was there some other reason?

Even more worryingly that was the season we made the Scottish cup semi final which will have helped to offset an even bigger loss.

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

As someone who’s not well versed in the finances of football, can I ask why we lost £1m two seasons ago? Did we spend big to try and get promoted but failed? Or was there some other reason?

Even more worryingly that was the season we made the Scottish cup semi final which will have helped to offset an even bigger loss.

Season before. It was the FY 21/22, Sheerin, Holt and Rennie, change of board, Covid, 6th place in L1. Near extinction event. Hardly anything went right. Then McGlynn was appointed. 

3 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Paying off dud players and managers doesn’t come cheap, that plus lower income streams which have definitely helped of late such as merchandise and hospitality.

4 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Season before. It was the FY 21/22, Sheerin, Holt and Rennie, change of board, Covid, 6th place in L1. Near extinction event. Hardly anything went right. Then McGlynn was appointed. 

Got you. Wasn’t there also a period without fans around Christmas that year when the omicron variant hit? 

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Got you. Wasn’t there also a period without fans around Christmas that year when the omicron variant hit? 

Can’t remember. I was on my couch guzzling mail order European lager 🙂

34 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I have said for 2 years now that out top numbers are c. 1000 in the championship - that is based on research by Dave M of other teams. The club needs to realise that.

It was c50% of ST holders, so up to 1900 on current numbers. Still feels a long shot, but so did 1000 a year or so ago.