The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Wasn't nesbitts deal least year a 2 year extension?

I was thinking he was a 2026 end.

Ross and Mackie have just signed their new contracts so not sure there is a rush to start negotiations before January really.

As for Alfie it will be how he gets on this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leaving if he can't break into the team, even when he was the natural replacement for Morrison against hearts we shuffled and brought Ross in instead of him. 

Checked on Nesbitts says it ties him to 2025, Mackies was only a 1 yr deal as was Ross and Alfie, Alfie is an Enigma as he is unpredicatble but have to bear in mind last year was his first year as a full time player:

AIDAN NESBITT SIGNS TWO YEAR EXTENSION - Falkirk Football Club (falkirkfc.co.uk)

No new desperation signings and no behind the scenes disasters. We’re stuck discussing keeping players long term or reading the doom and gloom on other threads. What a time to be alive 

Edited by Shabba

28 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Celtic Park initial allocation of 1,800, rising to 2,500 if required. 

Game taking place on Sunday 22nd September, 3pm KO.

Is that all ……..less than 5% of capacity………pathetic but not surprising sadly……..🙈

Prospect of the game being on TV will turn a few away to just watch it in house . Plus a price hike of £25 for an adult might be another deterrent. I hope we take the full 2500, the team deserves this backing a full allocation away . Never know, might edge the boys over the line for a sneaky win or a respectable score line against Celtic.

I'll be there  #COYB

FB_IMG_1724226649913.jpg

Just now, deano25ffc said:

Prospect of the game being on TV will turn a few away to just watch it in house . Plus a price hike of £25 for an adult might be another deterrent. I hope we take the full 2500, the team deserves this backing a full allocation away . Never know, might edge the boys over the line for a sneaky win or a respectable score line against Celtic.

I'll be there  #COYB

FB_IMG_1724226649913.jpg

Think the kids prices are particularly OTT…….nearly £80 for family of four before travel, food etc……expensive for a cup match being televised live, although it does max our potential earnings right enough

Possible shitebag mentality but with Raith away 6 days later followed by early pace setters Ayr, would anyone be tempted to just chuck out a second choice XI to prevent injuries? It’s incredibly unlikely our first XI are winning at Celtic.

Hopefully Celtic fans have some sort of scheme for attendance at the earlier rounds for the semi/final that makes the fans buy them for this. They had a huge crowd v Hibs so hopefully one round close to Hampden brings them out. 

7 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Possible shitebag mentality but with Raith away 6 days later followed by early pace setters Ayr, would anyone be tempted to just chuck out a second choice XI to prevent injuries? It’s incredibly unlikely our first XI are winning at Celtic.

No Way Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully Celtic fans have some sort of scheme for attendance at the earlier rounds for the semi/final that makes the fans buy them for this. They had a huge crowd v Hibs so hopefully one round close to Hampden brings them out. 

They do. It should be near enough sold out (regardless of whether the folk are actually there or not).

53 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Folk on FB having a meltdown but we wouldn't sell much more than that anyway I don't think.

Got to be honest I won’t be going as I despise being amongst the Celtic and Rangers pollutions.

Bad enough when at TFS but different level altogether at their middens.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Got to be honest I won’t be going as I despise being amongst the Celtic and Rangers pollutions.

Bad enough when at TFS but different level altogether at their middens.

Yeah will be a lot of that as well.

Initially thought the same as I go with my lad who is 8 and I didn't want to expose him to it but since changed my mind and will take him.

May regret that.....

Edited by MulsonFFC

I’ll be going, can totally get the sentiment of those not going, as there and Ibrox are horrible especially when taking kids. I’d hate to miss out on seeing a historic Bairns victory.

I’ve seen us beat Rangers at Ibrox, Celtic at Ibrox and Hampden but I’ve never seen us win at Celtic Park, time to complete the set.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ll be going, can totally get the sentiment of those not going, as there and Ibrox are horrible especially when taking kids. I’d hate to miss out on seeing a historic Bairns victory.

Il likely go, but yeah. No judgement whatsoever on anyone who doesn't. And actually, that applies home or away v these clubs