The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m annoyed about Spencer’s injury, Shanley’s performance and what appears to be stupidity from Hendo. All things that could potentially cost us moving forward.

I’m naturally disappointed at losing however if I’m being honest I’m not overly concerned about being out the tournament.

Funnily enough Craig g telfer on Falkirk daft seemed to make it quite clear that he and other stenny fans weren't really interested in this tournament and it would be different if it was the Scottish cup.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Funnily enough Craig g telfer on Falkirk daft seemed to make it quite clear that he and other stenny fans weren't really interested in this tournament and it would be different if it was the Scottish cup.

It’s been really devalued over the years by the way it’s been f**ked about with - other nations’ teams, B-teams.  Annoying really because for most of us it was a chance at a trophy, but it’s just not meaningful - certainly not for us at the moment anyway.

11 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

It’s been really devalued over the years by the way it’s been f**ked about with - other nations’ teams, B-teams.  Annoying really because for most of us it was a chance at a trophy, but it’s just not meaningful - certainly not for us at the moment anyway.

£100k

Just now, Disco Duck said:

I know, I know.  But just at the moment I can’t get worked up.

I’m not that fussed either. Much rather concentrate on the league. Sounds like only saying that because we lost but it’s genuine. I’d be f**king inconsolable if that was the league but I’m totally non plussed. Only concern is Shanley is clearly not good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We missed you after the 4 nil gubbing at TFS, were you on holiday ?

A tough read.

It's just a game of football mate don't get too worked up.

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought McKenna was okay didn't do much wrong just didn't do anything eye catching . Fine as a squad player.  Certainly wasn't hopeless.

I thought he gave the ball away a lot. Maybe rusty cause he hasn't played much but on that showing he'd be well down the pecking order for me. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You got me mate, I’m totally worked up, in fact I’m worked up to f**k.

The rate at which you are replying to me tells me all I need to know Harry.

Chin up pup.

1_SHOWBIZ-Typecasting-3.thumb.jpg.58988fb8a30a4f2c101704f25f96b8eb.jpg

Never great to lose to a team like Stenny but far rather that result came in the challenge cup than the league.

Totally dominated the game but lacked any real quality and cutting edge. Thought the ref was conned for the penalty but would need to see it again.

The starting 11 should’ve been more than good enough to win but felt a few just weren’t at their usual level for whatever reason. Tait was a bit sloppy with his passing and McCann didn’t look at it.

Agyeman was probably best for me and was really unlucky not to score. Ross was decent enough but felt his final ball again could’ve been better.

Already been covered about Shanley I think. Not his fault at all but just don’t feel he is close to championship level.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The rate at which you are replying to me tells me all I need to know Harry.

Chin up pup.

1_SHOWBIZ-Typecasting-3.thumb.jpg.58988fb8a30a4f2c101704f25f96b8eb.jpg

The fact I’m on here after a defeat unlike your good self tells me all I need to know about you, enjoy your night.

16 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Our finishing has largely been like this since the season began. We're great at creating lots of chances but very wasteful in front of goal.

Our finishing has been like this for a lot longer than that. We were creating dozens of chances almost every game last season. The only time we really clicked was at Montrose. 

Just now, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Our finishing has been like this for a lot longer than that. We were creating dozens of chances almost every game last season. The only time we really clicked was at Montrose. 

We were still scoring a decent amount of goals though. A game like today wed normally win 3 0 at least and that's still with missing a lot of other chances. Today though we just didn't take any including the penalty.