The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think for a second he was trying to do him. I would say the same for Shanleys red v Hearts, and Colls v Kelty(IIRC?) at the tail end of last season. I don't think either guy had any malice, but both put their opponent in danger. 

Yes like I said if he makes contact with the throat or head then it's a red card whether deliberate or not  I'd just like to see some clear evidence that that was the case.  He certainly wasn't deliberately trying to close line the stenny player that much is clear.

Edited by Shodwall cat

55 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If it had been unintentional I am sure it would have been yellow as Aitken came steaming in from behind. It was given as red because he intentionally left his arm out. I saw it, the linesman saw it and I’m sure many others on that side saw it clearly…….

He was trying to shield the ball.out the park that much is clear from the TV footage. What isn't clear is where he makes contact with the stenny player.  I certainly haven't seen anything from the TV footage or stills that makes it look even remotely a deliberate attempt to hurt the stenny player.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He was trying to shield the ball.out the park that much is clear from the TV footage. What isn't clear is where he makes contact with the stenny player.  I certainly haven't seen anything from the TV footage or stills that makes it look even remotely a deliberate attempt to hurt the stenny player.

Unbelievable……

18 hours ago, Double t said:

I'd be intrested to see the pictures leading up to this one. Doesn't look like the elbow is anywhere near his face which he went down holding. This is a screen shot taken from Stenny's match highlights. They show a few but all after the event. 

Screenshot_20240908_114635_YouTube.jpg

Thing is, a still photo doesn't really prove anything. Hendo's elbow had maybe already made contact with his face/throat, or may yet be about to. IF the picture shows the worst of the incident, then that's more of a yellow for me.

Does anybody have a definitive update re Henderson’s ban.

Lots of opinions & conjecture that it is related to cup competition only but I always thought a red for violent conduct superseded that & carried into next game regardless.  I also thought it was 3 matches for red card which if accurate puts him out of Celtic match too.

10 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Does anybody have a definitive update re Henderson’s ban.

Lots of opinions & conjecture that it is related to cup competition only but I always thought a red for violent conduct superseded that & carried into next game regardless.  I also thought it was 3 matches for red card which if accurate puts him out of Celtic match too.

It was recently confirmed with Shanleys red that cross competition bans for red cards no longer apply IIRC.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Thing is, a still photo doesn't really prove anything. Hendo's elbow had maybe already made contact with his face/throat, or may yet be about to. IF the picture shows the worst of the incident, then that's more of a yellow for me.

Yes unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a good image of the point of contact so impossible to say whether a red card is justified or not.

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's no idea what height the boy is coming in at either.  I'm not a fan of defenders trying to shield the ball out of play from distance but there's no way Hendo was trying to do this guy. He's just not that kind of player.  The red card depends on where he makes contact with the boy and it's still unclear from any of the pics shown so far. The one on here looks more like top of the chest just below the throat  If it's the throat or above then you can see why even though it's accidental a red was given.

Bill Nye GIF by NETFLIX

Saw the Hendo incident at the time and it's a red. There is no way the club will appeal that. 

He's not a dirty player but it's a bad decision, instead of chasing and shielding the ball out for a goal kick he steps across the man and deliberately blocks him when the ball is several feet away, even if he doesn't raise his arm it's probably a free kick and it's unlike Hendo cause I think he was being lazy.

On 09/09/2024 at 05:29, Double t said:

With the way the rules are now, only the captain allowed to speak tot he ref, mass protests just get more cards so you may find the team have been told to keep quiet and just get in with it. Also as I keep telling my sons team mass protests won't change the refs decision so absolutely no point in them. 

Not since Alex Ferguson retired there isn't.

A deliberate tactic of his at Aberdeen & Manchester.  

Edited by Hank von Hell
b

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Not since Alex Ferguson retired there isn't.

A deliberate tactic of his at Aberdeen & Manchester.  

Brian Clough had it sorted out.

Don't protest a decision. 1. The referee won't change their mind. 2. Team focus and individual disciple compromised.

Reset / Refocus with everybody getting into the right positions for the situation.

Also due to that policy the referee is more inclined to give the team and indidual the benefit of the doubt.

Smart guy was Cloughy! It also explains why it did not work out at Leeds for him.

Taylor's book 'With Clough' is an enlightening read and was decades ahead of his time.

Lastly his teams were easy on they eye and played football in the right.

Happened to be down at stadium earlier for some breakfast & watched squad out on pitch training.

Great to see Aiden Nisbet fully integrated, & as per post match feedback from Paul Smith I did note that Brad Spencer is missing at this juncture. Did also see Calum Morrison walking at pitch side in his training gear but not involved in on field training session.

I did have one concern however as I noticed that one of our key players was conspicuous by his absence , which could be worrying if injury the factor.  Withholding his name as don’t wish to be accused of scaremongering.

This weekend’s tie had me reflecting on last time we were at Airdrie.  What was your honest reaction to the management and players at that point?  Were you in the “McGlynn out” camp?  Were you one of the ones shouting at Williamson?

Or is it too soon?