The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

As Falkirk fans, we really need to support the women's team. I'm thinking: something like the FSS where we could contribute; higher-profile promotion of fixtures etc. It's 2024 FFS, funding/support shouldn't be an issue.

Get it out of the Foundation and under the club directly if what BB says is happening. 

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Guy who owns it has ran the Celtic CSC for years. 

Righto. Guy I know ran the Old Toll, Earl of Zetland and I'm sure Cesars. Don't think it's the same guy, he is a huge Tartan Army fella and I'm sure a Falkirk fan.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Guy who owns it has ran the Celtic CSC for years. 

Righto. Guy I know ran the Old Toll, Earl of Zetland and I'm sure Cesars. Don't think it's the same guy, he is a huge Tartan Army fella and I'm sure a Falkirk fan.

Just now, North West said:

I used to drink in the Zetland and can’t think of a Falkirk fan running the place, been shut a while now though. Cesars is definitely Celtic fans, I’ve never been in since it opened. One of my mates went in one night and said it’s not the most welcoming place for folk of a non Celtic persuasion so that was enough for me.

38 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I used to drink in the Zetland and can’t think of a Falkirk fan running the place, been shut a while now though. Cesars is definitely Celtic fans, I’ve never been in since it opened. One of my mates went in one night and said it’s not the most welcoming place for folk of a non Celtic persuasion so that was enough for me.

I'd avoid too if I lived there.

Anyway, I think reading what's been said it is the guy I'm thinking of. Just checked with a mate and he said he is a Celtic fan, but also Falkirk. Work that one out ffs

As dangerous as Celtic are; I can't see McGlynn changing his game plan. As BPM said, when we've got the ball we can't be wasteful with it. 

We'll require every Falkirk man to be on their A game, Celtic to have an off day, a wee bit of luck, and hopefully Greg Taylor and Tony Ralston to be at full back. 

It's been so long since we played Celtic that I forgot how much I despise them and their smelly fanbase. We played rangers quite a bit in the championship years so it's fresh in the memory of how scummy that lot are. 

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

It's been so long since we played Celtic 

Prepare to lose 4-0, get denied a stonewall penalty at 0-0, and to see the entire post match discourse suffocated by Celtic moonhowlers complaining how Falkirk gave up 20 free kicks with no players booked and how it proves a mason conspiracy amongst referees.

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

As dangerous as Celtic are; I can't see McGlynn changing his game plan. As BPM said, when we've got the ball we can't be wasteful with it. 

We'll require every Falkirk man to be on their A game, Celtic to have an off day, a wee bit of luck, and hopefully Greg Taylor and Tony Ralston to be at full back. 

It's been so long since we played Celtic that I forgot how much I despise them and their smelly fanbase. We played rangers quite a bit in the championship years so it's fresh in the memory of how scummy that lot are. 

You are spot on mate.

2 identical fan bases full of bigots who spend a lot of time trying to convince you why they are not a bigot and the other side are.

1 hour ago, North West said:

I'd avoid too if I lived there.

Anyway, I think reading what's been said it is the guy I'm thinking of. Just checked with a mate and he said he is a Celtic fan, but also Falkirk. Work that one out ffs

Falkirk are his big team 

10 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

As Falkirk fans, we really need to support the women's team. I'm thinking: something like the FSS where we could contribute; higher-profile promotion of fixtures etc. It's 2024 FFS, funding/support shouldn't be an issue.

John & I helping out (a bit) now too. Would be great if the girls can come under the wing of the football club, absolutely. 

10 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

thats much worse than i realised mainly the final paragraph. which made me feel a bit queasy to be honest.  we are not supposed to be amateurish.  i was so disgusted i checked the foundations page on companys house and the last accounts they posted were may 2023, they had £160,000 of cash in hand and debts due to them. that's 25% of their turnover. says it all. how much would a couple of kits cost, £2k? disgusting. how do we get the club to take control? 

I think the foundations' role is being misunderstood here, maybe? On Falkirk Daft last week they had someone on from the Foundation and the money was strictly ringfenced for community projects. I'm not sure supplying kit etc at an adult level falls within that? Programmes for the youth teams probably would, probably courses aimed at getting more women into football at any level as well. But kit/financial support of the first team is probably outwith that? 

Sound like it is absolutely time for the womens team to cone under the control of the football club rather than the foundation. Make it happen Jamie.

On the Celtic game I was at the 8-1 match so have seen first hand how badly these games can go wrong. Pretty sure we had beaten Airdrie or someone the week before 5-0 and were top of Division 1 so went in with plenty of confidence there as well. Celtic havent even conceded a goal yet this season and scored 3 without reply against Sevco. Anything other than a pumping (<4-0) will be a great result. 

9 hours ago, North West said:

If you're talking about Cesars Paradise wasn't it a Falkirk fan who was running it? 

I'm sure I know the guy. 

Caesars Paradise!! Falkirk or Celtic fan? Does the name not give it away a wee bit?

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Caesars Paradise!! Falkirk or Celtic fan? Does the name not give it away a wee bit?

I know it's a Celtic bar. I know the guy who runs it.

I thought he was a Falkirk fan. We used to take our bus to the Old Toll when he had that pub and he always said he supported Falkirk. 

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sound like it is absolutely time for the womens team to cone under the control of the football club rather than the foundation. Make it happen Jamie.

On the Celtic game I was at the 8-1 match so have seen first hand how badly these games can go wrong. Pretty sure we had beaten Airdrie or someone the week before 5-0 and were top of Division 1 so went in with plenty of confidence there as well. Celtic havent even conceded a goal yet this season and scored 3 without reply against Sevco. Anything other than a pumping (<4-0) will be a great result. 

Sadly, the Celtic season ticket holder I work with is saying they’ve sometimes been struggling against stuffy teams - but when teams try to play an open game, they have been taking them apart.  Doesn’t bode well!

7 minutes ago, North West said:

I know it's a Celtic bar. I know the guy who runs it.

I thought he was a Falkirk fan. We used to take our bus to the Old Toll when he had that pub and he always said he supported Falkirk. 

If it was a choice between Falkirk and the Pars, even Celtic fans would make the right choice.