The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

AH

His relation owns the Abbotsinch and if the stories I heard are true he didn’t think opening the pub exclusively as a Celtic bar was a good idea and for that reason didn’t get involved. That could be just rumours though.

4 hours ago, North West said:

Righto. Guy I know ran the Old Toll, Earl of Zetland and I'm sure Cesars. Don't think it's the same guy, he is a huge Tartan Army fella and I'm sure a Falkirk fan.

There was a guy years ago who ran the Auld Toll who was a Falkirk fan. Maybe you're getting confused with him?

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

His relation owns the Abbotsinch and if the stories I heard are true he didn’t think opening the pub exclusively as a Celtic bar was a good idea and for that reason didn’t get involved. That could be just rumours though.

I’m sure it was a joint venture with AH and FMc but it’s now solely with AH mate.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There was a guy years ago who ran the Auld Toll who was a Falkirk fan. Maybe you're getting confused with him?

I think you’re right, that was years ago. I’m sure the last person that had the Toll, the one that used to tout for away buses took delight in telling away fans how much of a dislike he had for Falkirk.

2 hours ago, AirForceWan said:

I think the foundations' role is being misunderstood here, maybe? On Falkirk Daft last week they had someone on from the Foundation and the money was strictly ringfenced for community projects. I'm not sure supplying kit etc at an adult level falls within that? Programmes for the youth teams probably would, probably courses aimed at getting more women into football at any level as well. But kit/financial support of the first team is probably outwith that? 

They run and find all the youth football programmes, that costs money and not charity related. Same with the Woman’s team. 

1 hour ago, Dade said:

A bit of witch hunting rearing its head again from the same select few regarding the Foundation. 

If we are to have a conversation about the Foundation and make accusations about its CEO then why not bring it up on a forum where no-one is hiding behind a username and allow your own character or agenda to be called in to question? Would only seem fair. 

The club wouldn't have got the grants for the pitch and floodlights if not for the Foundation. As Shadwell said too, the grant for the hub is solely for community use and won't affect any potential 4th and will provide a very useful facility for the community teams, one of which is the first downs syndrome teams.

The Foundation have been doing great work and getting recognised for it across the country. Some of the anti-Foundation stuff on here is shameful.

I have explained my viewpoint and the reasons why. And expressed them to the people in the foundation at the time and stand by my opinion and my right to express it  

The suggestion the club wouldn’t have got grants without the foundation is an absolute f**king joke. I know the charity sector and am fully aware of how it works. Clubs get SFA grants all the time without having a charity partner. 

You are entitled to your view but not to make up your own facts.  I always love how people come on a forum that is designed to be anonymous to complain about it being anonymous. 

The criticism of players, managers, other clubs on here is commonplace and much worse,  but when somebody states a view, based on their lived experience, about the foundation it’s all false and a conspiracy. 

Get a grip. 

2 hours ago, North West said:

I know it's a Celtic bar. I know the guy who runs it.

I thought he was a Falkirk fan. We used to take our bus to the Old Toll when he had that pub and he always said he supported Falkirk. 

If you genuinely know the guy who runs it then you would 100% know he, under no circumstances, supports or has supported Falkirk.

Quite the opposite!

12 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I have explained my viewpoint and the reasons why. And expressed them to the people in the foundation at the time and stand by my opinion and my right to express it  

The suggestion the club wouldn’t have got grants without the foundation is an absolute f**king joke. I know the charity sector and am fully aware of how it works. Clubs get SFA grants all the time without having a charity partner. 

You are entitled to your view but not to make up your own facts.  I always love how people come on a forum that is designed to be anonymous to complain about it being anonymous. 

The criticism of players, managers, other clubs on here is commonplace and much worse,  but when somebody states a view, based on their lived experience, about the foundation it’s all false and a conspiracy. 

Get a grip. 

Just glad you have rediscovered your shift key Dude. I find it funny that fully grown adults deliberately try to hide their identity so they can spout abuse about someone. 

Maybe this is an anonymous forum but Facebook isn’t so find it strange that you peruse Falkirk groups on there using a fake profile. Why would that be?

Edited by Dade

Based on what the guy from the foundation said on Falkirk daft the other week the funding they can get often has a lot of restrictions (as someone who works with govt. Funding I can sympathise) so as long as their porta cabins aren't impacting the footprint of a potential stand that is a bit of a pipe dream atm anyway then I don't think it's an issue.

Regarding the women's team it probably would be correct for it to be part of the football club. I will admit that I don't really know much about so would be happy to hear from people with more involvement in this area. 

The question is probably about how much that would cost, I would imagine that it would mean a cut in the first team budget to accommodate it because if it got enough supporters the players wouldn't be in old kit or anything as it stands so there would need to be honesty about the impact and a plan for them to eventually be at least break even. 

1 hour ago, Dade said:

Just glad you have rediscovered your shift key Dude. I find it funny that fully grown adults deliberately try to hide their identity so they can spout abuse about someone. 

Maybe this is an anonymous forum but Facebook isn’t so find it strange that you peruse Falkirk groups on there using a fake profile. Why would that be?

ah you're the stalker who was messaging me here and on Fb.. maybe i should add walter mitty to that description now? I blocked you there because you were the internet equivalent of an old lady peeking out from behind her net curtains to see what her neighbours were doing.

your posts make sense now.

don't worry about me, but you should be more worried about why you are so interested in what I'm saying. as i said before, get a grip

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

ah you're the stalker who was messaging me here and on Fb.. maybe i should add walter mitty to that description now? I blocked you there because you were the internet equivalent of an old lady peeking out from behind her net curtains to see what her neighbours were doing.

your posts make sense now.

don't worry about me, but you should be more worried about why you are so interested in what I'm saying. as i said before, get a grip

Asked you if it was a fake profile. Wasn’t the only one to notice too. Odd thing to set up a profile, add bots to make it look legitimate and then steal some random persons photograph as your profile picture. All your posts are the same too, pro board, pro FSS, anti foundation. 

For someone who preaches about the sanctimony of this forum being anonymous , you’ve been quick to try out others or accuse them of being attached to a particular organisation. You are also sharp to accuse people of having an agenda so why not be more open about who you are so your agenda can be questioned or would that put your position in jeopardy of the organisation you represent? 

59 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hopefully doesn’t take too much off the away end. It’s that time of year when people want out of the house too so hopefully another sell out or close to a sell out. 

If we are still on or close to the form we are on, it will sell out IMO