The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

I hope the unbeaten run doesn't go this way, with a whimper and a team gutted by injuries.

Whilst the unbeaten league run will inevitably go at some point, it won’t be with a whimper, this bunch of lads don’t do whimpers.

Never seen a more gutsy bunch of lads play in the Navy Blue.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Being old, my memory is increasingly bad, but I seem to remember we have an awful record at Starks Park. Can remember going loads and rarely leaving happy.

(This will be where someone tells me we are unbeaten there in 15 games or something)

I don't think I've seen us lose over the years. Its a happy hunting ground for me personally. Been a while though. I wasnt there in League 1, I think last time I was there, Ryan Stevenson took a heavy head knock and tried to play on despite being quite visibly all over the place. Houston era, Blair Alston at right back becasue of that ~5 year spell where right back was a position we simply didnt bother with.  

52 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We definitely won't see Shanley starting again this season imo. 

If this is the situation today, would basically confirm that McGlynn doesn’t really rate him. The argument with Stanley and with many, that he’s not really had a run in the team. For me you’ve got to earn that, and unfortunately he’s not exactly stole the show any time he’s starts.
Earlier post about him and McKenna not really doing it in the reserve game is disappointing to say the least. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Earlier post about him and McKenna not really doing it in the reserve game is disappointing to say the least. 

To be fair to them they got very little of the ball and when they did get it they were outnumbered by Pars players. I recognised a lot of the Fifers and was told they had a very experienced team out. We had seven teenagers with no experience of first team football at Falkirk and three older players, two of whom haven't been considered good enough to start. 

That game was a mismatch from the start and any time Shanley or McKenna had the ball they were just swarmed. 

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

To be fair to them they got very little of the ball and when they did get it they were outnumbered by Pars players. I recognised a lot of the Fifers and was told they had a very experienced team out. We had seven teenagers with no experience of first team football at Falkirk and three older players, two of whom haven't been considered good enough to start. 

That game was a mismatch from the start and any time Shanley or McKenna had the ball they were just swarmed. 

Totally concur 

The Raith excitement over signing a jobber RB who can’t get a club down south is to behold. I listened to their podcast and there were four guys who clearly have no clue about our side (especially the one on the bottom right) thinking hardly any of our side would get into their team. They also fingered McGlynn as someone who runs his players into the ground. Delusional bunch 

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

The Raith excitement over signing a jobber RB who can’t get a club down south is to behold. I listened to their podcast and there were four guys who clearly have no clue about our side (especially the one on the bottom right) thinking hardly any of our side would get into their team. They also fingered McGlynn as someone who runs his players into the ground. Delusional bunch 

A fan base who thinks they are paying Hanlon and Stevenson’s pension boosting wages through a 500% increase in pie sales are deluded ? I’m not having that mate !!

1 minute ago, BPM said:

With good reason tbf, he signed a player who he knew couldn't train every day and had to be managed in order to play then insisted he trained every day anyway and unsurprisingly he was never fit as a result. He has maybe changed ways and you guys are the beneficiaries but it seems a fair enough shout based on his training programme while he was with us.

48 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Being old, my memory is increasingly bad, but I seem to remember we have an awful record at Starks Park. Can remember going loads and rarely leaving happy.

(This will be where someone tells me we are unbeaten there in 15 games or something)

It is. We have only lost once in the league there since 2014. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Team picks itself surely with MacIver out. Oliver will play up front and Finn stays in midfield.

Keelan Adams to striker is maybe the worst shout I've ever heard ... 

We definitely won't see Shanley starting again this season imo. 

Bad feeling about today. I think it could be... the one...

Has to be Oliver...he's the only one who can hold it up & lay it off properly...need someone to get close to him though 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

It’s funny, for the last 2 years we’ve had Raith fans coming into our thread telling us Mcglynn can never keep a steady 11, he’ll have a brain fart and change it up every few weeks. Now it’s he runs players into the ground. They can’t seem to decide can they 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Starks Park will always be Stainrod's wonder goal.

Middle of the penalty box and a yard or so inside the 18 yard line.

Ball chipped into God who stuck his big arse into the centre half standing behind him putting him off balance

Took a step forward and killed the ball on his right thigh and knocked it back up in the same movement

Swivelled and hit it on the drop with his left foot into the top right hand corner of the Raith goal

He didn't even look or wait till the goal was scored to celebrate, he knew it was going in.

1/2 the crowd and players did not realise it was a goal until they comprehended the genius they had just witnessed

To be fair to the Raith support in the stand a good few stood up and applauded.

There are certain things people associate with certain grounds - that's mine at Starks Park

Anybody else remember it?