The Falkirk FC Thread

I expect a tight game. They haven’t lost many goals so far, that said, they haven’t faced our front 3 so far either so will be interesting to see. 

I can’t see them trying to play silky soccer as John McGlynn would say and will likely come to frustrate and hit on the break. 

On the back of the talk on FD about Liam Henderson not having a proper song I've used my extremely limited acoustic talents to come up with the below.

He plays centre mid,
he plays centre back,
Liam Henderson,
starts the Falkirk attack.

There's also the Scotland McTominay's magic song that could be tweaked but I've not got any futher than the below.

Henderson's a baller,
he loves the navy blue,

48 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

I'm not complaining about the club promoting the ladies team, the more promotion the better. What I find strange is the ladies team seem to be struggling for cash, wearing hand me down old training/warm up gear, they are being run by the foundation which is separate to the club yet the club is giving it big licks about 'our teams in action this weekend' . If it's 'our' teams then bring them in house and look after them properly, help with transport costs, training gear etc. Would it really cost that much? Our crowds are up 1000-1500 per home match over budgeted cash you would think 

Nah not for me. As I said wouldn't be long before people would be complaining about the men's team being paid more than them and why do they have better equipment etc.  Much prefer it separately funded. I wouldnt want the men's team to take any of their funding away or vice versa but the women's game needs to stand on its own two feet and not piggy back off the men's game. They are advertised as a Falkirk side but not our side as far as I can see and they're very separate Facebook page is linked to so it's excellent that the club are giving them a bit of publicity. I'm sure they would be happy to advertise any separate funds raising initiatives they have too.

Edited by Shodwall cat

50 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

I'm not complaining about the club promoting the ladies team, the more promotion the better. What I find strange is the ladies team seem to be struggling for cash, wearing hand me down old training/warm up gear, they are being run by the foundation which is separate to the club yet the club is giving it big licks about 'our teams in action this weekend' . If it's 'our' teams then bring them in house and look after them properly, help with transport costs, training gear etc. Would it really cost that much? Our crowds are up 1000-1500 per home match over budgeted cash you would think 

The Falkirk Foundation and Ladies Team are part of the community of Falkirk and District. Falkirk Football Club is a community club and for no outlay helps with their profile and publicity. That is banked goodwill from all those involved with these organisations. The more sports that have a good relationship with the club the better as that rubs off on family and friends of those involved.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Falkirk Foundation and Ladies Team are part of the community of Falkirk and District. Falkirk Football Club is a community club and for no outlay helps with their profile and publicity. That is banked goodwill from all those involved with these organisations. The more sports that have a good relationship with the club the better as that rubs off on family and friends of those involved.

Of course and I'd hope that the ladies team have a good relationship with the club . Certainly haven't heard otherwise. Club should do all it can to help them promote their games etc. Perhaps the best way would be to ask the fans if they are happy for some of the  money they have invested in the men's side to be invested in the women's.  I'm always happy to go with the majority view.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I've had a season ticket for FFC for 30 odd years (missed a few)..the understanding being it was for mens football on a Saturday. It's now considered modern & fashionable to agree we should be helping another team run outwith the traditional mens setup. If we were asked to pay more or alternatively told a percentage of our season ticket was going on anything other than that I would relinquish it immediately as I have no interest in funding something that is not professional mens football 

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

On the back of the talk on FD about Liam Henderson not having a proper song I've used my extremely limited acoustic talents to come up with the below.

He plays centre mid,
he plays centre back,
Liam Henderson,
starts the Falkirk attack.

There's also the Scotland McTominay's magic song that could be tweaked but I've not got any futher than the below.

Henderson's a baller,
he loves the navy blue,

Given his usual full time celebrations something as simple as “Hendo is an ultra, Hendo is an ultra, na na na na” would work I reckon. 

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Given his usual full time celebrations something as simple as “Hendo is an ultra, Hendo is an ultra, na na na na” would work I reckon. 

Good shout. He's an "Ultra in Disguise" - sung to the Elvis lyrics/tune "Devil in Disguise"

Lyrics are very good too - 

I think there's a big difference between 'donating' a couple of grand for kits and a bus for away games for the womens team so they can represent the football club without being out of pocket, and funnelling in the kind of money that would actually impact our playing budget. No one is suggesting the latter 

29 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I've had a season ticket for FFC for 30 odd years (missed a few)..the understanding being it was for mens football on a Saturday. It's now considered modern & fashionable to agree we should be helping another team run outwith the traditional mens setup. If we were asked to pay more or alternatively told a percentage of our season ticket was going on anything other than that I would relinquish it immediately as I have no interest in funding something that is not professional mens football 

Too right, m8. It's NAVY blue, not flower -arranging blue.

It's a free kick, not a free makeup tutorial etc etc...

FFS

14 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good shout. He's an "Ultra in Disguise" - sung to the Elvis lyrics/tune "Devil in Disguise"

Good shout 

51 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

'Hendo's an Ultra in disguise, oh yes he is, Ultra in disguise, oh yea'

58 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Too right, m8. It's NAVY blue, not flower -arranging blue.

It's a free kick, not a free makeup tutorial etc etc...

FFS

Without knowing the ages of people on here, there appears to be a real generational divide on whether we should be funding the women’s team.  As far as I am concerned, it should be one Falkirk FC and it should be finding mens, women’s kids…the lot.