The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Would argue that the first 45 was simply stunning and probably the best watch since supporting the club. Can only mirror the above post, but Spencer was on a different planet, almost telepathic with Tait at times. Huge notable difference with Hogarth. Seems confident, He's starting to command his box, and more vocal. Had a real fear with nearly the spine of the team missing, but in all honesty who would you drop now ? Lang Donaldson Mackie Morrison MacIver all missing. 

These players when fit are going to have to burst a gut to get a place which in turn will motive the players getting a game to keep on delivering.

Lean, mean and keen squad with the bonus of squad rotation which help on the fitness side of things.

Biggest problem Falkirk will have are clubs wanting to buy them.

14 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

198 tickets left in main stand for pars game.

On the central defence debate, as much as I love coll and tom in there hendo and Graham have been flawless as a pairing 

Yes the pair have built up (another!) great pairing at CB. It seems no matter which CB is playing, in any given combination, we're solid. 

In the short term, it looks like MacIver and Mackie are most likely to return earliest. If we need to rotate, Mackie could slot in to CB, leaving McCann at LB, with the option to push Hendo in to midfield if Tait or Spencer need rested (likewise MacIver in for Oliver). But fully understand that we dont want to tinker with the team just now, and hope the players stay fresh, injury and suspension free.

Edited by GunnerBairn

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Tait and Spencer both on 4 bookings already (Hendo and Mackie on 3), so given we still have 8 games until the 18 match cutoff, it looks more than likely they will both have to serve a suspension before too long.

Hopefully they serve them in a different game from each other, and then Yeats can just slot in to either of their roles and we’ll see almost no drop off in performance 

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Tait and Spencer both on 4 bookings already (Hendo and Mackie on 3), so given we still have 8 games until the 18 match cutoff, it looks more than likely they will both have to serve a suspension before too long.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hopefully they serve them in a different game from each other, and then Yeats can just slot in to either of their roles and we’ll see almost no drop off in performance 

McGlynn to do a Mourinho over the next two games. 

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would say Ethan Ross just now, if fit cannot be dropped. For me the only one out of all those missing that walks back into that team is Ross MacIver and that is no slight on Gary Oliver as I think he has been superb. Tom Lang, big Coll, Sean Mackie and Callumn will need to fight there way back in. We will have some bench if we can get them all fit at the same time.

Ross was absolutely done in last night when he has to come off.

The football this team is playing and has played on a consistent basis for the last year is the best I've ever seen a Falkirk team play.

I started watching Falkirk when Jim Duffy was manager and this is better than his and  Jim Jeffries' and Ian Mccall' s and Yogi's teams  not in terms of personnel  but in aesthetic terms and excitement. We are a f**king joy to watch.

I was lucky enough to be young and start going regularly when we won the league with Simon and that hooked me. I think all the young fans going  just now could be tricked similarly into a lifetime of the Falkirk FC experience.

Slightly off subject, but Inverness CT have confirmed that the administrators will take control on Monday. No doubt an immediate release of highest paid players and staff. Small local companies could go bust. Reported (allegedly) debt for last years finances 1.2M and same for this year. This excludes other debts including costs of relegation. 
What on earth was this lot up to, absolutely beggars belief that this allowed and hope they disappear back to the highland leagues.

What result do we want today from the Ayr Livi game then? I'd initially have said draw but actually an Ayr win suddenly leaves pretty a decent gap between us and 3rd, and I'd be pretty confident about out-gunning that Ayr team over the rest of the season. Livingston however are still a bit of an unknown quantity for me 

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

What result do we want today from the Ayr Livi game then? I'd initially have said draw but actually an Ayr win suddenly leaves pretty a decent gap between us and 3rd, and I'd be pretty confident about out-gunning that Ayr team over the rest of the season. Livingston however are still a bit of an unknown quantity for me 

A demoralising 0-0 draw with some red cards dished out would be ideal.

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm getting to the stage where I don't think it matters. Let them all worry about us.

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not bothered tbh. Just need to keep doing what we are doing.

32 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I agree, would like to see livi lose a game and have to actually come out of their own half to try and win games to catch up as I think they would start losing more points that way. 

31 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A draw for me. Only 2 points given out instead of 3. 2 points increase on both these rivals this weekend. Draws kill title winning aspirations over time. I think livvi will draw a lot due to solid defence and fairly average striking options 

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Who was the last side to get back-to-back promotions from League 1 and IF we manage to do it does that put McGlynn as best manager we have had ?

I think the last team would be Hopkins Livingston. If we did he would certainly be our best manager in my lifetime, he's already in contention for me given how well we won the league last year and how important it was for the club to get up. 

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Who was the last side to get back-to-back promotions from League 1 and IF we manage to do it does that put McGlynn as best manager we have had ?

Livingston managed it in 2018 but went up to the Premiership via the play offs. Even Sevco didnt manage it. Probably Gretna the last side to do it properly with back to back titles