The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Same issue, my mate gave up after Hartley debacle. Started going and his first watch was the Airdrie play off. Somehow he’s stuck with it and now has two teenagers loving the team/club. Takes in all the away games and don’t think they’ve missed one game since that night. Kids are dying to join the Ultras.

Feel like I’m being stalked by a knob 

I’m away on holiday Thursday so missing next week and the Morton game. It’s been said by many on here that we are going to dish out a hiding at some point with all the chances we create, in a Kevin Keegan stylie, I would love it, love it if next Saturday was that day, even though I’ll be watching on Falkirk TV.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Outside of the Arse Cheeks and maybe the Jambos, there can't be another club in Scotland with a sold-out stand and such a clamour for seats / tickets. The victims of our own success, eh?

Sold-out, but it has not been full to capacity in any of the four home league games played this season, myriad empty seats have been visible from the MS, not just the odd one or two. So some season ticket holders are, for whatever reason, not turning up to matches, a strange and frustrating situation for those who would like to go there and also for supporters who have perhaps sat there for 20 years and are now displaced to the Main Stand. Will be interested to see if that is the case again next Saturday.

1 minute ago, Super Simon said:

Sold-out, but it has not been full to capacity in any of the four home league games played this season, myriad empty seats have been visible from the MS, not just the odd one or two. So some season ticket holders are, for whatever reason, not turning up to matches, a strange and frustrating situation for those who would like to go there and also for supporters who have perhaps sat there for 20 years and are now displaced to the Main Stand. Will be interested to see if that is the case again next Saturday.

This has been explained before. The gaps in the KM stand are caused by the Ultras, who have seats in areas away from the singing section, moving and standing in the singing section.

3 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

I thought this too but if you look at the Ultras section, there are more folk jammed in there than there are seats for so that’s where the folk from the empty seats are.

2 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

There are empty seats in the South Stand because the ultras area is well over capacity due to them standing two or three to a seat space.

Also there will always be season ticket holders unable to attend for whatever reason.

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Tait and Spencer both on 4 bookings already (Hendo and Mackie on 3), so given we still have 8 games until the 18 match cutoff, it looks more than likely they will both have to serve a suspension before too long.

What's the script with suspensions?

Is it 5 bookings then 1 match?

When do earlier booking start to drop off?

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Could the club look at changing one half of the KM7 to safe standing? This would let in far more fans to the same area than seating allows and would hopefully solve the problem.

That would probably work well and might be worth the club looking into.

18 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

My lad confirms there is easily 2 or 3 per seat in some areas of the ultras. With some people now making their seats available when they can't go, I would surprised if you could see any empty seats if everybody was sitting in a seat.

17 minutes ago, alonso said:

What's the script with suspensions?

Is it 5 bookings then 1 match?

When do earlier booking start to drop off?

6 for a 1 match booking.

You need 12 to get a 2 match suspension once 18 matches have passed though.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Forby some sort of temporary/permanent structure being built, IN the corner (Cost??). I would think moving the Family section to the NE of the MS would be the best compromise, facilitating extending the 'Ultras' section round the corner.

Unless there were to be a return of the Gazebo/Premier League, then I would think the chance of ST becoming free for the KM stand are pretty remote, As most regular fans have been there since it opened in 2009,

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Could the club look at changing one half of the KM7 to safe standing? This would let in far more fans to the same area than seating allows and would hopefully solve the problem.

How does that work out? Surely it's still one standing to one area where you would have sat. It's not like terracing where you can cram folk in.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

How does that work out? Surely it's still one standing to one area where you would have sat. It's not like terracing where you can cram folk in.

Just going by what I sourced online.

https://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-case-for-safe-standing/can-safe-standing-increase-capacity

https://gleventsstadia.co.uk/news/the-many-benefits-of-safe-standing/#:~:text=Firstly%2C safe standing in a,and a better fan experience.

8 hours ago, kiddy said:

Forby some sort of temporary/permanent structure being built, IN the corner (Cost??). I would think moving the Family section to the NE of the MS would be the best compromise, facilitating extending the 'Ultras' section round the corner.

Unless there were to be a return of the Gazebo/Premier League, then I would think the chance of ST becoming free for the KM stand are pretty remote, As most regular fans have been there since it opened in 2009,

Not sure having the family stand next to the away support would be a great idea mind you.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Weird I'd have thought it would still be one person per seat but you can stand up. Not sure how it's any safer than terracing if you can put in more people.  

Not convinced that Everton graphic would be allowed in reality. The whole point of 'safe' standing is it is one spectator per seat

It's brilliant we're not far away from genuinely needing a 4th stand. Just a shame if we are promoted we'll have to prioritise spending a wedge of cash replacing a perfectly good pitch within 12 months 

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not convinced that Everton graphic would be allowed in reality. The whole point of 'safe' standing is it is one spectator per seat

It's brilliant we're not far away from genuinely needing a 4th stand. Just a shame if we are promoted we'll have to prioritise spending a wedge of cash replacing a perfectly good pitch within 12 months 

Exactly what I thought.

IMO the club should look at giving fairly significant discounts to any KM season ticket holder who moves to the main stand next season.

I think a lot of the young teenagers whose mates are in the ultras will simply not go at all rather than sit in the main stand. For them the entire point in going is a day out with their pals to make a racket and support the team.

Whereas there are plenty of folk in the centre or right hand side of the KM who aren’t interested in being ultras and just choose to sit their for cost reasons, or just because that’s where they’ve always sat. If the club was able to tempt these people over to the main stand with a fairly big discount for 1 or 2 seasons, that frees up space for the ultras to expand.

I was at a loose end yesterday so drove to Ayr to watch what appears to be our two main rivals going at it as a neutral.

Falkirk, Livingston and Ayr top three reminds me of a season about 25 years or so ago under Alex Totten. If I remember correctly, we hung around with those two for a lot of the season but eventually ran out of steam and Livi won the league quite comfortably.

Anyway, Livi took the points but weren’t the better team on the day. They’re going to be a proper tough nut to crack. Didn’t play particularly well at either TFS or Somerset Park in the past few weeks but ended up taking 4 points from the 2 away games.

Same old story with them. Get the goals in early and then it’s proper shitfest ball. Falling all over the place and time wasting.

Ayr continue to look the better footballing side of the two but perhaps lack the killer instinct and have lost to both ourselves and Livi in recent weeks.

If I had to guess today I think it’ll be ourselves and Livi right to the end of the season with Ayr finishing quite a few points behind both.