The Falkirk FC Thread

4,500 tickets sold for Friday 

Still a week of sales to go with approx 1500 home seats left. Might be another surge once we know who we are playing and another again after the away leg if it's a positive result for us. Think there was still about 50 left in the South stand last check.

Ticket sorted for next friday finally. Pleasing. Special mention to the lassie with the red hair in the shop who was most helpful in helping me negotiate the obstacle course that is our ticketing arrangements

Yes very pretty. Went in the other week for a flag for my son. Thinking of another excuse, I'm sure he needs a Falkirk pencil and rubber for school. [emoji16]

6 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Yes very sexist comment. Extremely professional whenever I've dealt with her regarding tickets and merchandise!

Next person in the shop better get some footage of her professional conduct, I'm sure many on here could learn from her. Not in the club shop often so I'd of course appreciate the opportunity to witness it as well.

I did say it was on a good day . 
Nobody's argueing that Hamilton, ICT etc shouldn't be in the top flight . They're there on merit and quite rightly so. The discussion in my mind is why we aren't in the top flight when they are? And it again comes down to the fact that we havent been run properly on and off the park for a number of years. The question for our bod is how will they change that? I want to see us competing in the top flight on a regular basis and consideirng the fact that clubs like Hamilton and ICT can do it then why shouldnt I?

Can anyone - especially those that keep suggesting it - explain what it is you think the BOD is doing differently at Premiership clubs that we should be doing at Falkirk. It's ok to make statements but how about backing it up with some facts?

If the answer is invest more, can you explain where the cash is coming from?

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can anyone - especially those that keep suggesting it - explain what it is you think the BOD is doing differently at Premiership clubs that we should be doing at Falkirk. It's ok to make statements but how about backing it up with some facts?

A chairman that doesnt make political statements would be a start, but seriously if you look at the likes of St Johnstone they have always done well or appeared to they havent made any rash signings as far as player or management other than that i think they seem to be the model club everyone should be trying to follow.

I think the 2 clubs that are ran prudently and made sensible decisions player and management wise seem to be St Johnstone and Partick tbh the rest have made mistake after mistake and suffered for it one way. 

A chairman that doesnt make political statements would be a start, but seriously if you look at the likes of St Johnstone they have always done well or appeared to they havent made any rash signings as far as player or management other than that i think they seem to be the model club everyone should be trying to follow. 

I think the 2 clubs that are ran prudently and made sensible decisions player and management wise seem to be St Johnstone and Partick tbh the rest have made mistake after mistake and suffered for it one way. 

Agree with most of this. I think mistakes have been made in previous seasons by our board but generally they got it right with Houston.

Really, as I have said before, spending fortunes to get us up to the league of doom and gloom is not the right way to approach things.

Re the issue of how many seasons we have spent in the top league since the 90's being below what we might expect, I think it's important to remember we were deprived of that opportunity by the 'Make it up as we go along gang' formerly known as the SPL.

The play offs was a start but the end of the day its a poor attempt at trying not to make it look self preservation other than the Hibs Hibsing it against Accies,  

The trouble is you look at the likes of Dundee (administration 2 or 3 times) then you have, Motherwell, Livvy, Dunfermline, Sevco, Kilmarnock, Hearts all having CVA and creditors agreeing to take x amount in the pound for trying to spend their way to a winning team or trying to compete with money they dont have.

Then you have to have the stadium criteria thats been reduced 10 000 to 6000 then not allowed to groundshare and then allowed to groundshare and the temp seating i.e. caleys not being deemed acceptable then being deemed acceptable "as you said the make it up as we go along".

The upshot is its frustrating as hell when your trying to keep it sensible financially, please the supporters and be competitive on the field when others seem to be getting away with spending money they dont have and the penalties tbh arent enough to deter it.

Eh what's happened to the £1.2m p&l profit we made of 2 years ago? We only lost 100k last season.

Agree with most of this. I think mistakes have been made in previous seasons by our board but generally they got it right with Houston.

Really, as I have said before, spending fortunes to get us up to the league of doom and gloom is not the right way to approach things.

Re the issue of how many seasons we have spent in the top league since the 90's being below what we might expect, I think it's important to remember we were deprived of that opportunity by the 'Make it up as we go along gang' formerly known as the SPL.

You are wrong

The only way Falkirk FC works as a business in it's current form is in the Premiership.

Chairman past and present have said the only way we can survive in the Championship is to sell players, that means sell them when we have to not when we want to.

Obviously it would be great to get there without spending a lot more than we do now, and we are potentially 4 games from that again. However I fear ultimately to get out of this league we will have to spend as we have 3 times in the past.

A good start would be to have a BOD that actually work as a team and share the same goals and principles. That doesn't exist at FFC at the moment.

The sooner we have a BOD that actually work together and have better communication with the football setup at all levels then so much the better. Egos like political statements need to be left behind.

You are wrong

The only way Falkirk FC works as a business in it's current form is in the Premiership.

Chairman past and present have said the only way we can survive in the Championship is to sell players, that means sell them when we have to not when we want to.

Obviously it would be great to get there without spending a lot more than we do now, and we are potentially 4 games from that again. However I fear ultimately to get out of this league we will have to spend as we have 3 times in the past.

Ok, but you still have not explained what it is that we need to do differently to reach the Premiership? Are you saying we should have held onto Vaulks and Alston when their minds were about going elsewhere at a higher level?

Remember this is the second season in a row we have finished second in a league to a team that ought to be in the Premiership top 6.

Ok, but you still have not explained what it is that we need to do differently to reach the Premiership? Are you saying we should have held onto Vaulks and Alston when their minds were about going elsewhere at a higher level?

Remember this is the second season in a row we have finished second in a league to a team that ought to be in the Premiership top 6.

Yes I have, if we are going to get up we most probably will have to throw money at it. That money has to be there since the "perfect financial storm " of 2015 as it was described at the AGM of that FY. Hopefully we get up without doing that and it helps boost our budget there, but I ultimately think we could stumble again.

Yes I have, if we are going to get up we most probably will have to throw money at it. That money has to be there since the "perfect financial storm " of 2015 as it was described at the AGM of that FY. Hopefully we get up without doing that and it helps boost our budget there, but I ultimately think we could stumble again.

Hmm, we may well go up this season without doing what you suggest. Also if we don't, the only significantly bigger budget side in the Championship next season may be Dundee United.

Personally I think we could get past them over 36 games if we keep most of the current squad.