The Falkirk FC Thread

Did you see the highlights of their game against Hamilton at the weekend? Seen bigger crowds at Linlithgow or Bo'ness.

I've said this and been slaughtered here in the past. There are many things wrong with Scottish football. For me there are too many poorly supported teams in the top tier, ICT, Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone, Ross County, Partick, these teams bring little to the table in terms of home and particularly away support. No one is claiming that they don't merit being up there, it just means fewer people watch or are interested in our top league. I always wondered how these teams manage to survive given their lower support

Good to see Rangers, Hearts and Hibs back up there, hopefully us or DU back up there next season.

I've said this and been slaughtered here in the past. There are many things wrong with Scottish football. For me there are too many poorly supported teams in the top tier, ICT, Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone, Ross County, Partick, these teams bring little to the table in terms of home and particularly away support. No one is claiming that they don't merit being up there, it just means fewer people watch or are interested in our top league. I always wondered how these teams manage to survive given their lower support

Good to see Rangers, Hearts and Hibs back up there, hopefully us or DU back up there next season.

Don't think I would bracket Kilmarnock and Partick in with the other 4 TBH. But the Highland teams especially cost other clubs money. Overnight stays for the teams and few away fans come from those two clubs. It is obvious why most clubs in the Premiership won't be sad if ICT and Hamilton being replaced by Hibs and us or Dundee Utd would help financially.

Hadn't heard that, had heard about McCracken retiring though.

Both, can't see Kerr being a player that would fit Jack Ross's ethos TBH, actually nor would Baird.

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don't think I would bracket Kilmarnock and Partick in with the other 4 TBH. But the Highland teams especially cost other clubs money. Overnight stays for the teams and few away fans come from those two clubs. It is obvious why most clubs in the Premiership won't be sad if ICT and Hamilton being replaced by Hibs and us or Dundee Utd would help financially.

I agree.Partick and Kilmarnock crowds tend to peak and trough . Motherwell have a smaller average than Kilmarnock but again their crowds tend to go up and down depending on success. The likes of  ICT, St Johnstone,Ross County and Hamilton have continually poor crowds whether their successful or not.

These 4 manage to stay up because unlike us they have bod's who know how to run a club properly.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I agree.Partick and Kilmarnock crowds tend to peak and trough . Motherwell have a smaller average than Kilmarnock but again their crowds tend to go up and down depending on success. The likes of  ICT, St Johnstone,Ross County and Hamilton have continually poor crowds whether their successful or not.
These 4 manage to stay up because unlike us they have bod's who know how to run a club properly.

Ross County just have a huge benefactor

Who cares about the crowd size! If it's that vital let's merge the old firm into a Glasgow United, hibs and hearts into Edinburgh, have a central team, Fife, Tayside etc...

We'll go up at some point, St Johnston will go down, it's all swings and roundabouts.

In stadium queue, around 60 to 70 in line for south stand. 30 or so for main stand tickets.

St Johnstone's crowd size is certainly a point for me to ponder when I'm away over the summer, watching my team play in Europe for the 5th time in 6 seasons. Extremely troubling.

37 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Who cares about the crowd size! If it's that vital let's merge the old firm into a Glasgow United, hibs and hearts into Edinburgh, have a central team, Fife, Tayside etc...

We'll go up at some point, St Johnston will go down, it's all swings and roundabouts.

In stadium queue, around 60 to 70 in line for south stand. 30 or so for main stand tickets.

Yeah but St Johnstone are now going into their 9th straight season in the top flight. Kilmarnock havent been in the championship since the early 90's. The most we've managed is 5 seasons which is nowhere near good enough for a club our size. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah but St Johnstone are now going into their 9th straight season in the top flight. Kilmarnock havent been in the championship since the early 90's. The most we've managed is 5 seasons which is nowhere near good enough for a club our size. 

And dunfermline, airdrie, ayr, morton have all been further down, raith could go this season and St mirren could've easily went down as well. We will go higher and we will go lower than where we are. Not saying we couldn't do better but we could also do a lot worse.

19 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

And dunfermline, airdrie, ayr, morton have all been further down, raith could go this season and St mirren could've easily went down as well. We will go higher and we will go lower than where we are. Not saying we couldn't do better but we could also do a lot worse.

Airdrie average crowds under 1000, Morton 2000 on a good day, Raith 1500. We're a bigger club than any of them. Dunfermline and St Mirren have both been in the same boat as us. Bad decisions made off the field resulting in near disaster on it and in Dunfermlines case them nearly going bust. We have the support and infrastructure to be a long term Premier league side if we are run correctly on and off the field. AT the moment when you compare us to Hamilton, ICT, Partick etc we're underachieving in a big way. No reason why we shouldnt be able to exist in the top flight for the same longevity as Kilmarnock and Motherwell . Its up to the bod to get us in that position and keep us there. They should be looking at the likes of St Johnstone and thinking what are they doing right that we're doing wrong.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

So we can all agree that size doesn't matter? :whistle

In a worthiness of top flight football context at least.

Perhaps we ought to be asking what it is the BoDs of those clubs are doing that ours aren't

Exactly mate. Was different back in the brockville days when we had a broken down stadium and piss poor facilities. We're a different club now. Back in those days we weren't the 9th best supported club in Scotland either. At the moment we're not even a yoyo club as we've been stuck down here for what 6/7 seasons.