The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

South Stand sold out for the play-off semi aside from season ticket holders who are yet to purchase their own 'seat'.

Its a bit of a joke really for guys who go in the SS every other week who perhaps don't know a season ticket holder.. 

Just dreaming that we make it to the SPL, what would our budget be in the close season roughly? Not sure who we have in the current squad who would cut it at the higher level. Houston would have some real wheeling and dealing to do in the summer if we get promoted rather than if we lost the play offs and were playing Championship football again! In my opinion I think Thomson, Grant, Muirhead, Hippo, Austin and Sibbald could make the step up. Possibly is Leahy, Taiwo, Luca, Watson. Definitely no would be Baird and McHugh. Can't say about Shepherd or O'Hara, haven't seen enough of them recently but they are young and quick!

South Stand sold out for the play-off semi aside from season ticket holders who are yet to purchase their own 'seat'.

Spoke to the club today. They fully expect that not all ST holders will take up their tickets so there will be some for the public sale. I know of two who are working myself.

As far as regular attendees not knowing a ST holder I can't see there being too many.

The sweet paper wrapper stand will have plenty of seating left Thursday

Houstons learned that depth is needed to give us a chance at going up. Weird how last year we left so many games to the death in what was an exciting season. We were very short on certain positions however even though I'd say our starting 11 last season was much better than this years. Luckily this year it looks like the playoff spot in the top flight will be decided at the death so whoever it is will won't be 100%.

Have a look at the starting 11 compared to last season and take out Vaulks and Alston I think it is better.

Hypo has added something on the left, Sibbs is better and Austin and Grant improve last seasons side.

Thomson

Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy

Craigen McKee Sibbald Hypo

Austin plus an other would be at least as strong as last season IMO.

Get the feeling we missed the boat with James Keatings signing a pre contract with Dundee United.

Did score a screamer against us a few weeks ago in injury time but think he is quite inconsistent, that's Hearts and Hibs released him in recent seasons. Then again could have probably been a better option than Baird etc and definitely younger at 25!

Did score a screamer against us a few weeks ago in injury time but think he is quite inconsistent, that's Hearts and Hibs released him in recent seasons. Then again could have probably been a better option than Baird etc and definitely younger at 25!

Both Hearts and Hibs had better strikers that could play in the top flight ahead of him. He's been playing out wide for Hibs, would absolutely skoosh this league playing up front consistently.

Get the feeling we missed the boat with James Keatings signing a pre contract with Dundee United.

I think it says a lot about him. Happy for another season in the Championship then sign a new contract with Hibs. Happy we don't have him for that reason

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it says a lot about him. Happy for another season in the Championship then sign a new contract with Hibs. Happy we don't have him for that reason

Supposedly we offered more money but only a year contract, plus he isn't a stick on starter. He wants to be first choice somewhere, bit of a gamble unless United get their shit together. I'd have liked him to stay at Hibs, he's a good player.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have a look at the starting 11 compared to last season and take out Vaulks and Alston I think it is better.

Hypo has added something on the left, Sibbs is better and Austin and Grant improve last seasons side.

Thomson

Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy

Craigen McKee Sibbald Hypo

Austin plus an other would be at least as strong as last season IMO.

The problem is getting Houston to play his strongest team. I'm still not set on craigen out wide either. He's still too slow for me to play out there.

The problem is getting Houston to play his strongest team. I'm still not set on craigen out wide either. He's still too slow for me to play out there.

I think that is the problem although Kerr had a good game on Saturday

I think that is the problem although Kerr had a good game on Saturday

Totally agree. He was one of our better players yet you could hear the numbskulls around me criticise any mistake he made. On that pitch there was not a single player that did not make mistakes ffs.

He wants to start games and is proven at this level. Although it does smack of United resigning themselves to losing out in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its a bit of a joke really for guys who go in the SS every other week who perhaps don't know a season ticket holder.. 

You mean folk that pay £324 instead of £225 over a season?

Probably deserve it for overpaying