The Falkirk FC Thread

Will Houston go for it in the play offs or just keep it cagey and play a more defensive lineup. If everyone is fit will he revert back to a centre mid partnership of Kerr/Taiwo. Kerr at least provided the assist on Saturday but he seems undroppable in Houstons eyes. Very interesting to see his first team selection a week on Tuesday against Morton/DU when it matters.

It will be A midfield of Craigen/Aird McKee Sibbald Hypo in the home game. Away Taiwo will come in. Austin with McHugh up too for me.

I'm hoping hippo will be the key man in our play off games...he hasn't recaptured the form he had before he got suspended but hopefully his little break can see him recover it....at least there will be no fifers there to racially abuse him

I can see why a lot of our fans are not confident of going up tbh.

I would feel confident if we were sweeping teams aside but I feel we barely beating teams who have little to play for.

We need to stop these shitebaggery tactics and gets stuck in... We need to beat Morton/DU first of course

Hippo and Fash are unpredictable and put teams on the back foot and I love watching defences shitting themselves and their pace is a great strength, I hope both have great play offs. They are something different to the rest of our team but I just don't think Houston has 100% confidence in Hippo at the moment!

I dont really put too much stock in tge way we have been beating teams. Everyone rattled on about size after the Killie game but the reality was we werent able to drag them down into the trenches and make them fight. I dont think it is a coincidence that we are playing the way we are. I think to an extent its deliberate.

(Not some of the utter shitfest first halves, but our general style)

Nah can't agree, there seems no deliberative scheme for me.
Morton and DU were level at 1-1 and we looked clueless against Dumbarton. I dont think we looked like cutting them opened

Houstons learned that depth is needed to give us a chance at going up. Weird how last year we left so many games to the death in what was an exciting season. We were very short on certain positions however even though I'd say our starting 11 last season was much better than this years. Luckily this year it looks like the playoff spot in the top flight will be decided at the death so whoever it is will won't be 100%.

20 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Houstons learned that depth is needed to give us a chance at going up. Weird how last year we left so many games to the death in what was an exciting season. We were very short on certain positions however even though I'd say our starting 11 last season was much better than this years. Luckily this year it looks like the playoff spot in the top flight will be decided at the death so whoever it is will won't be 100%.

Agree with this. My fear is that we've perhaps scarificed quality for quantity in a few areas. That said, we do have a couple of wildcards in Hippo and Austin which could be the difference. 

Agree with this. My fear is that we've perhaps scarificed quality for quantity in a few areas. That said, we do have a couple of wildcards in Hippo and Austin which could be the difference. 

Vaulks and Alston weren't replaced at all which was a pity. Hippos been off the boil recently but can be a baller on his day. I think fash is the man to take us up. His pace is unreal and he can finish as well. Wit a boi x

10 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

i remember thinking in the first half against queens that if hippo was in the mix aswell we could cause any team problems. fash has turned into our biggest threat and could give us an edge against the team in 11th if we get to the final.

alston was playing right back in the play offs thats how thread bare we were.

so a balamce had to be met not sure we got it completely right though

Edited by spratte