The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

A load of Shite and you're at the wind up here. I'm sure you'd have plenty to say if your fans were subjected to this.

I could see the point if there was a huge demand for home tickets and the stadium was likely to be sold out but to turn customers away from any business is ludicrous. It's a huge game for both sets of supporters who many have followed their team home and away all season... Is this really the best way to treat people willing to travel midweek on a 100+ miles round trip?

This is Scottish football at its worst and then you wonder why the game is dying a death here. No wonder the bulk of games come compete with empty seats all over the place, football fans are fed up being treated like imbeciles and this is another example.

Where do you draw the line then, what if we were to give DU zero tickets, would that be acceptable?

Why should Falkirk care about Dundee United fans?

We done the exact same thing to Rangers, a big loud away crowd might give the away team a boost and help their team get a result. Why would United try help Falkirk? There will be a minimum amount United have to give you, they've done nothing wrong here.

Football isn't dying a death up here, it might feel like that for you though tbf.

Edited by The Grass Is Greener.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

We done the exact same thing to Rangers, a big loud away ground might give the away team a boost and help their team get a result. Why would United try help Falkirk? There will be a minimum amount United have to give you, they've done nothing wrong here.

Football isn't dying a death up here, it might feel like that for you though tbf.

Will you do the same to Celtic and Rangers next year ? Fair play if you do.

I don't think Petrie is that stupid.

We done the exact same thing to Rangers, a big loud away crowd might give the away team a boost and help their team get a result. Why would United try help Falkirk? There will be a minimum amount United have to give you, they've done nothing wrong here.

Hey, here's an ideal. Why don't we just reserve all stadiums purely for home supporters? We won't be giving any advantage to away teams and most games will regularly end up home wins. Atmosphere of the sweetie papers should be good too....or at least that's what The Grass is Greener thinks...

Genuinely I do not get how you cannot see an issue here? We are now being forced to queue up at the very last minute to ensure we have a ticket for the game on Tuesday night. I live in Motherwell so that's not so easy. We faced a similar scenario last weekend with an 80% full stadium at Dumbarton.

We complain about dwindling attendances but we don't make reasonable efforts to accommodate fans.

I agree we are often a bunch of moaning faced c**ts, but I genuinely am concerned re how fans are being treated at the moment.

Yep still not seeing what the fuss is about here. It's Dundee Utds how game so regardless of how many seats their stadium holds it's up to them and only them to decide how many tickets we get. They've given us 1500 which is pretty much the same amount we've taken up there in our 2 visits already this season. Seems perfectly fair to me.

Of course I'd rather not be queuing tomorrow for tickets either but if that's what's needed then fair enough.

The same as last week at Dumbarton anyone who really wants a ticket will get one.

Yep still not seeing what the fuss is about here. It's Dundee Utds how game so regardless of how many seats their stadium holds it's up to them and only them to decide how many tickets we get. They've given us 1500 which is pretty much the same amount we've taken up there in our 2 visits already this season. Seems perfectly fair to me.

Of course I'd rather not be queuing tomorrow for tickets either but if that's what's needed then fair enough.

The same as last week at Dumbarton anyone who really wants a ticket will get one.

Why don't you do your bit tomorrow and not queue at all? You don't appear to be too worried whether you get a ticket anyway?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Hey, here's an ideal. Why don't we just reserve all stadiums purely for home supporters? We won't be giving any advantage to away teams and most games will regularly end up home wins. Atmosphere of the sweetie papers should be good too....or at least that's what The Grass is Greener thinks...

That's not what I've said, m9. United are only required to give up a percentage of their capacity, they've done that. Try not take the huff about it too much. 

6 minutes ago, Russ said:

I'm not so sure. If your not a season ticket holder it's going to be a real struggle. Home end could be the only option.

Toys right out the pram now, I'll love it if you miss out on a ticket :lol:

Despite having to make a round trip from Motherwell to get my ticket, I will be there early enough as I am passionate enough about my club. Try not to get too excited for nothing now.[emoji16]

Yes, forgot you managed to get out the Championship this season. But I wonder how long it'll be before them green seats become visible again?

It's easy to crow after a successful season but you have a very short memory. Wasn't that long ago you were playing to half full stadiums

Best of luck in the top tier though

Why don't you do your bit tomorrow and not queue at all? You don't appear to be too worried whether you get a ticket anyway?

[emoji1]

You've not taken this well at all have you?

Like I said anyone who wants a ticket will get one. As a season ticket holder I'll be able to get mine tomorrow. No idea why I'd be worried about not getting a ticket tbh.

I'm not so sure. If your not a season ticket holder it's going to be a real struggle. Home end could be the only option.

I would be surprised if we sell out tomorrow. I think there will be some left over for the general sale.

I would be surprised if we sell out tomorrow. I think there will be some left over for the general sale.

Yes, I was a little unfair. Nevertheless surely you can see why I am frustrated at having to do a 60 mile round trip on a Saturday morning to have the privilege of a 170 mile round trip on a Tuesday night?

The second trip may be worthwhile but the first one is really entirely pointless and should not be needed as Morton have already demonstrated by PAYG.

Yes, I was a little unfair. Nevertheless surely you can see why I am frustrated at having to do a 60 mile round trip on a Saturday morning to have the privilege of a 170 mile round trip on a Tuesday night?

The second trip may be worthwhile but the first one is really entirely pointless and should not be needed as Morton have already demonstrated by PAYG.

Amazing that a 'massive' club like Dundee United can't seem to cope with a semi final play off game! They beat Barcelona don't you know. I'll be amazed if this a sellout.

In the queue and I'd be amazed if this didn't sell out today tbh

I'd have stomached giving us 1,500 tickets if we'd given the same treatment to DU and left the half the north stand empty. But instead we shat the bed and it makes this all a little more annoying

Dundee United are being really smart with only giving 1500 tickets to Falkirk.

Limit them to only a small section of fans considering last year against Hibs and Kilmarnock in the first leg. Falkirk were quite poor most of the time. It was their fans that managed to drag them through the games.

Limit them to a small section this time and hope United fans can drown the Falkirk fans out on Tuesday night to give United a better chance of going through.

They say that the fans can be the 12th man. They literally were at this time last year.

The play off at easter road we were down most of the match, the fans hardly pulled the players over the line, the away stand was hardly bouncing. The team did the job, the idea the fans made the difference is laughable.

To anyone with any degree of intelligence or not at the wind up (could be either or both from the hibs fan!) to turn fans away from big games that won't sellout, while teams spend all season trying to attract more fans is a crazy move. I was going with a couple of mates, one not a falkirk fan but wanting to go as a neutral, one a season ticket holder so we would be sitting apart at the game. The game is a social as well as sporting event so it'll be getting watched in the pub now instead of at the game .

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Dundee United are being really smart with only giving 1500 tickets to Falkirk.

Limit them to only a small section of fans considering last year against Hibs and Kilmarnock in the first leg. Falkirk were quite poor most of the time. It was their fans that managed to drag them through the games.

Limit them to a small section this time and hope United fans can drown the Falkirk fans out on Tuesday night to give United a better chance of going through.

They say that the fans can be the 12th man. They literally were at this time last year.

Quite clearly that watching a game on tv does not reflect being there.

If it's 1500, the difference of a 1000 or so will be minimal, players/managers win games, not supporters.

If indeed the support made a vital difference, I'm sure the shoddy treatment of 1500 tickets will get our supports back up and we will be more vocal with perhaps a song or two reflecting this.

We will win lose or draw this game down to the management and players and not for the missing 1000 or so