The Falkirk FC Thread

Alston.

Don't think Scobbie and Grant would work as a partnership as they're both very one-footed.

Of all the ex-Falkirk players at saints, he's easily been the second worst I'd say. Not to say he hasn't had his moments and that he won't come good, but needs to be more consistent. Correct order of ex players performances this season goes like this -

Shaughnessey

Craig

Alston

Scobbie

18 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Why do people get so concerned about having two left footed centre halfs, you neve hear people complaining about having two right footed ones!

Whether its two right or two left neither is ideal. 

I cant help feeling that since last close season we've not really progressed at all. Back then we needed to sort out a right back, right sided mid and get a decent balance in the middle of the park. Here we are a year on and has anything really changed? We've still got Muirhead at right back. Right mid is still not nailed down. Craigen should be playing centre mid, Aird hardly got a kick  and although Mckee played well when he was fit hes not our player at this current point in time. Centre mid is also still up in the air. Craigen after recent performances should take one of the places but we still need a decent physical player along side him in my opinion with either Taiwo or Kerr as back up. Add to these issues the need for a quality striker to partner Austin and a back up left back and we've perhaps got more issues needing resolved this close season than last. Certainly if we are to have any chance of going up next season these issues need resolved and we cant still be facing them in  a years time which means our recruitment this season needs to be a million times better.

Why do people get so concerned about having two left footed centre halfs, you neve hear people complaining about having two right footed ones!

Usually more to do with development, right footed centre backs are ten a penny, most right footed centre backs will have at some point in there life played as a left sided centre back, however having two left footed centre backs is rare though and something that rarely happens, as such you'll find left footed centre backs haven't played on the right side very much, if at all.

That COYB Facebook page is doing my fucking box in. Full of absolute idiots who don't care about our results or what league we're playing in, as long as they get a couple of hours out the house on a Saturday.

Their stock response to someone wanting Falkirk to do better than they have been is "what a glory hunter support the team COYB". It's genuinely saddening.

"Well i wasn't born a bairn but have watched falkirk for 20 odd years and the highs are fantastic don't think it's a bad thing losing the other night and maybe get a few more fans on the way they play football"

"don't think it's a bad thing losing the other night"

What is the actual fucking point in supporting a team if that's your attitude?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why follow it? Im not on facebook but it sounds like a disaster.

It's (occasionally) good for some news. I don't get to as many games as I used to since having weans and the official website is a bit pants.

Some guy actually now claiming that the playoff final - which determines who's in the league with us next season - doesn't affect us.

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd expect scobbie to see out his contract before taking a drop in wages. He was never the quickest and is only get slower as he nears the end of his career.

I know he looks like a haggered old bean, but he's only 29!

He's been offered a deal at Saints. He's essentially our 5th choice defender though, so he may leave if he wants guaranteed first team football.