The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

We just coming up with random names now?

Rudy Funk

Not really. He's assistant at Bristol City and has already managed in his own right in England.

Holden loved his time here and, as you may know, would be likely to give the role everything he has if he was to emulate his playing days. If he wants to become a number 1 rather than assistant in the future, he may view this as a good starting point?

27 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not really. He's assistant at Bristol City and has already managed in his own right in England.

Holden loved his time here and, as you may know, would be likely to give the role everything he has if he was to emulate his playing days. If he wants to become a number 1 rather than assistant in the future, he may view this as a good starting point?

To be honest I've had enough of young managers cutting their teeth with us.  It was bad enough when we were totally skint but there's no need for it now. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just hope the new man whoever he is turns out to be a match for Houston when it comes to effortlessly creating seethe in opposing fanbases.

In particular I would enjoy seeing the journeymen patter continued.

Yeah and the punt and run tactics that other teams like livie used to force on to us.

I just hope the new man whoever he is turns out to be a match for Houston when it comes to effortlessly creating seethe in opposing fanbases.

In particular I would enjoy seeing the journeymen patter continued.

I hope you sign a journeyman manager.

Who has a serial list of clubs where he left a mess.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whats he doing these days. Was at some team in korea was he not.

Dunno. According to Wikipedia he's not worked since leaving the Korean team in June 2016. Canny imagine he'll still be out there given the current carry on, unless he's 'hiding' deer hunter style!

He's got a lot of experience for a youngish guy and made a success of every team he's managed. He's a Falkirk man too having attended Larbert High and being a ball boy at Brockville at one stage.

I also think he would bring a certain degree of sexiness to the role which would be a big hit with Bairnardo and Senor Bairn! (You could use a lot of words to describe Houstie - sexy isn't one of them!)