The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wasnt that long ago Dumbarton fans were calling for his head and now suddenly he seems to be the messiah.

Not at all. Merely questioning the comparison with Hartley at a part time level. For what it's worth I doubt very much if Aitken is what Falkirk fans would be looking for, Hartley would be a better shout

11 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Not at all. Merely questioning the comparison with Hartley at a part time level. For what it's worth I doubt very much if Aitken is what Falkirk fans would be looking for, Hartley would be a better shout

Aitken more of a gamble whilst hartley been there and done it I suppose.

given some of the names now being thrown in the mix on here, #bantzforbairns,  I can exclusively reveal - ITK - the latest interviews at Airth Castle last night were with SAF (coming home) 13/8, Kaye Adams 14/1 and Brian Guthrie 44/1.  It’s good to keep our options open at this stage.  

Have heard that no one has been interviewed with the first interview planned for Tuesday after the closing date...

Not the case, they were meeting people this week. No idea who though.

4 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

So you think that winning the second and third tiers is a bigger achievement for a part time club than managing to stay in a Championship full of full time clubs? And don't forget that Hartley was well on the way to being relegated with Alloa in his first season in the Championship before he chucked it.

Back to back promotions tend to confirm you have something about you versus staying a league that the likes of Alloa, Cowndenbeath, yourselves have done at times with ease. The days of a part time team in this league of being easy meat is long gone, perhaps not challenge the top end but results over the last 7 year have proven its not a case of them being a non runner.

I'd take winning leagues or promotion over just staying in a league any day, I'm sure when I look back, I won't revisit the day we won 9 games to stay in a league.

Still where did you get your magic ball to see that Hartley was getting relegated ? Could be handy with the bookies for punt on our next manager.

I seem to recall Hartley's successor not being up to much

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Back to back promotions tend to confirm you have something about you versus staying a league that the likes of Alloa, Cowndenbeath, yourselves have done at times with ease. The days of a part time team in this league of being easy meat is long gone, perhaps not challenge the top end but results over the last 7 year have proven its not a case of them being a non runner.

I'd take winning leagues or promotion over just staying in a league any day, I'm sure when I look back, I won't revisit the day we won 9 games to stay in a league.

Still where did you get your magic ball to see that Hartley was getting relegated ? Could be handy with the bookies for punt on our next manager.

I seem to recall Hartley's successor not being up to much

Aitken was moulding a team at Stranraer that was very hard to beat and is now doing the same at Dumbarton , confirming their status as the best part time side in Scotland.  He obviously has a great man management skill as he seems to get the best out of all his players. 

You mention Hartley's successor not being up to much .  Aitken's was far worse ( Brian Reid )  in that he destroyed the team spirit at Stranraer and dismantled all that Aitken had built . Hence Stranraer's dramatic fall down the leagues. 

If I had a choice I would opt for Aitken over Hartley any day  .  

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Where does Luca reside? I think I say him in Larbert Sainsburys earlier and he looked slim enough. Not sure what our top does to him....

May not have been him but had the same wanky style I have witnessed from him previoisly.

He did live in the McDonalds in the retail park but thats getting done up so hes been punted along to the Grangemouth one.

Eta Im a big fatty too Luca love u really x

Edited by Senor Bairn

According to wikipedia they were 8th in the league when Hartley left in Jan 2014 but only 2 points away from a play off spot in the league.

We'd had a brilliant start to the season under Hartley (following two great seasons and consecutive promotions). He didn't 'rage quit' or leave us in the lurch IMO.

The team that he left contained the nucleus of the team that stayed up that season and also the following one. We were relegated at the end of our third season in the Championship mainly because Danny Lennon failed to hang onto that nucleus. Hartley has been the best and most successful manager at Alloa in the last 40 years IMO.

He was clearly also a success with Dundee until last year. Probably was due a bad season. It happens to pretty much all good managers.

Have to agree with the anti McCoist stuff, not only was he a shite manager but when in charge of rangers he showed exactly the kind of disgusting, detestable c**t that he was. If he gets the job I would be extremely tempted to burn down our embarrassment of a stadium to complete the destruction of our club, although i probably won't bother cause id have to start 3 separate fires and i'm a lazy c**t.

1 hour ago, printer said:

We'd had a brilliant start to the season under Hartley (following two great seasons and consecutive promotions). He didn't 'rage quit' or leave us in the lurch IMO.

The team that he left contained the nucleus of the team that stayed up that season and also the following one. We were relegated at the end of our third season in the Championship mainly because Danny Lennon failed to hang onto that nucleus. Hartley has been the best and most successful manager at Alloa in the last 40 years IMO.

He was clearly also a success with Dundee until last year. Probably was due a bad season. It happens to pretty much all good managers.

I remember being very impressed with Hartley's Alloa during a Christmas fixture at TFS which I think finished 0-0 but you could've won the game, we'd been on a decent run of form. Your players were well organised & well drilled, everyone seemed to know their roles.

You more than matched us on other occassions but this game in particular struck me as being the mark of a manager who really understood the game at our level.