The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
If Falkirk paid Austin nothing then he must have the shittiest agent in the history of modern football.

It’s Burton O’Brien so it could be possible but I would he moved for nothing.

Guest Back Post Misses
He needs to work out for us and for Hartley. It's a big and brave statement to move on Austin and replace him with Nelson so obviously Hartley trusts him to get goals.
At the end of the day, the Austin of last season looked really promising however all this shite  with winning best dressed person at horse racing etc seems to have made him lose focus on playing football.
Drastic times call for drastic measures and hopefully Nelson works out well for us.

Not convinced Nelson will be the only forward to come in.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He needs to work out for us and for Hartley. It's a big and brave statement to move on Austin and replace him with Nelson so obviously Hartley trusts him to get goals.

At the end of the day, the Austin of last season looked really promising however all this shite  with winning best dressed person at horse racing etc seems to have made him lose focus on playing football.

Drastic times call for drastic measures and hopefully Nelson works out well for us.

Austin has been a chief culprit in totally under-achieving this season. Whether or not some folks think he should get a little slack for (a) having promise, based on last season or (b) not suited to the lone striker role,  or (c) still quite young,  he's been utterly rank and I'm not sorry to see him out the door.  

This season's performances are what he should be judged on, and for him that reads as a shocking lack of effort, application, or commitment to the cause; woeful ball control, and an utterly embarrassing desire to throw himself on the turf at any opportunity, including when within sight of goal.  

As GB said, wearing a pair of curtains to Hamilton Racecourse  doesn't make him look anything other than a young twat who's more interested in playing the cool dude than applying himself on a Saturday.  He's been completely ineffective and this season every other team's centre half could have played against him in slippers.  Whether he comes back to haunt us, who  knows; aye, possibly, but right now he's no use to us.   

Oh, and please take Hippolyte with you.  45 decent to good minutes every 5 or 6 games doesn't cut it either, whether we were sitting second top or second bottom.  Another sand-dancer. 

The guy hasn't scored a goal all season and has missed numerous sitters . I for one can' understand why people are so pissed off at him getting punted. We're not a position right  now where we can keep players that are struggling. Hartley has scouted guys like Nelson himself so he should have a decent idea of whether he' decent or not.

There's been speculation that you lot are to take Darren O'Dea off our hands. I personally can't see it for a number of different reasons, not least because McCann still favours him and you don't seem to be weak at CH, but nevertheless, thought I'd share.

There's been speculation that you lot are to take Darren O'Dea off our hands. I personally can't see it for a number of different reasons, not least because McCann still favours him and you don't seem to be weak at CH, but nevertheless, thought I'd share.

Balatoni contract is up after Saturday I’m sure with hopefully Gasparotto moved on to Morton full time. Watson should’ve been shown the door after the play off games with Dundee United in May. Leaving us with Grant, McGhee and Muirhead.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Muirhead and Grant dropped when we get new recruits in.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Heard the same. Grant is discussing terms with Dunfermline apparently.

Got told the deal to bring Austin  to Livi was done and hands shaken but Raith Rovers and Inverness came in last minute and offered him more money with the later offering substantially more. 

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If Falkirk paid Austin nothing then he must have the shittiest agent in the history of modern football.

I'm fairly certain we paid John Rankin f**k all when his contract was mutually terminated so he could play football elsewhere. I also think it's pretty savy and logical from an agent to take the chance of your client playing first team football every week on a similar wage when he may have been told he is not going to feature again and fester on the bench and out of the shop window. 

Folk should know by now to ignore Mongoose.

Guest Back Post Misses
Got told the deal to bring Austin  to Livi was done and hands shaken but Raith Rovers and Inverness came in last minute and offered him more money with the later offering substantially more. 

And Austin did due diligence on Livingston and thought I may not get paid there....

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The guy hasn't scored a goal all season and has missed numerous sitters . I for one can' understand why people are so pissed off at him getting punted. We're not a position right  now where we can keep players that are struggling. Hartley has scouted guys like Nelson himself so he should have a decent idea of whether he' decent or not.

Hartley will have scouted Longridge and Tumility too and that worries me as his season will all be down to what he brings in to turn around the mess that is now a bigger mess to what it was at the start.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Unless you are taking a centre half of us and subsidising his wage, thats not gonna happen

44 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'm fairly certain we paid John Rankin f**k all when his contract was mutually terminated so he could play football elsewhere. I also think it's pretty savy and logical from an agent to take the chance of your client playing first team football every week on a similar wage when he may have been told he is not going to feature again and fester on the bench and out of the shop window. 

Folk should know by now to ignore Mongoose.

The above deal was more like a free transfer, a 33/34 yr old not playing, seeing his career out swapping 6 month contract on more money for 18 month contract on less, considering Rankin didnt have a club till after the season started, sure he would bite the hand off for an extra year

The same clubs who are interested in Austin now, wouldve been interested in the summer too

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hartley will have scouted Longridge and Tumility too and that worries me as his season will all be down to what he brings in to turn around the mess that is now a bigger mess to what it was at the start.

Maybe shouldn't read too much into the signings of those two though, as both were outwith the window therefore Hartley's options were decidedly more limited then.  Rumours of guys coming in from England, Hearts reserves & Celtic reserves are more like the sort of players we should be at least aiming for. We'll soon see...