The Falkirk FC Thread

Happy New Year all! Here is a New Year's Day quick read for you in the shape of a short mid-term report card (Link).

Good report and I agree re the loss of the Academy.

However I do think it’s possible to grade Hartley so far (probably a C from me), although I expect (or more likely hope) for better in the next couple of months when all these new signings wave a magic wand...

Guest Back Post Misses
Happy New Year all! Here is a New Year's Day quick read for you in the shape of a short mid-term report card (Link).

Good summary. The Academy decision is even more baffling as a group of investors drummed up
Enough money to fund it and committed to the same funding for another two years after this season.

Big changes at Falkirk IMO to come not just on the pitch. I agree that we will stay up. The next 6 weeks or so will make or break Hartley though, and probably those who not only appointed him but have driven the changes at the club.

He is a Premiership goalkeeper imo, and if he doesn't sign for Hibs for next season still good enough for Partick, Hamilton, Ross County, or Killie who will more than likely sign him when his contract expires.

It is more our Midfield (at least two attack minded players) and one extra striker as well as Robson is what we need.

We await with patience!

5 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Enjoyable and accurate read- thank you for this! 

my main worry at the moment is how quickly Nicholls jumped ship - he's been offered a short term position under a rookie manager in a club that thinks theyre bigger than the mess they actually are - but that position still seems better to him than continuing to work alongside Hartley! 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but Hartleys signing record with Dundee causes me a great deal of pessimism - we need him to get things right first time here, and I just haven't seen enough so far to trust that he's the man to change things.  

with the academy being disbanded and all the rumours of boardroom turmoil mixed with poor performances, it's definitely a poor time to be a Falkirk fan - however I hope my pessimism is misplaced and humping the great unwashed tomorrow will set us on the right path! 

4 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Enjoyable and accurate read- thank you for this! 

my main worry at the moment is how quickly Nicholls jumped ship - he's been offered a short term position under a rookie manager in a club that thinks theyre bigger than the mess they actually are - but that position still seems better to him than continuing to work alongside Hartley! 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but Hartleys signing record with Dundee causes me a great deal of pessimism - we need him to get things right first time here, and I just haven't seen enough so far to trust that he's the man to change things.  

with the academy being disbanded and all the rumours of boardroom turmoil mixed with poor performances, it's definitely a poor time to be a Falkirk fan - however I hope my pessimism is misplaced and humping the great unwashed tomorrow will set us on the right path! 

One game does not make a season, but were you there on Saturday? Vastly improved performance over the utter drivel served up so far this season. Longridge and Tumility I felt were among the best players on the park. Both Hartley signings.

Andy Rodgers saying on twitter that Hartley told Miller and Kerr on Xmas eve  they were dropped from the squad because they are a bad influence on the team. Also said he’s never heard anyone in the game have a good thing to say about Hartleys people skills. 

Andy Rodgers saying on twitter that Hartley told Miller and Kerr on Xmas eve  they were dropped from the squad because they are a bad influence on the team. Also said he’s never heard anyone in the game have a good thing to say about Hartleys people skills. 

Andy Rodgers is a w**k and always has been.